Derby County Loves Wayne Rooney

Inverurie Ram

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

Couldn’t read that. Was trying to make us sound like some Sunday league shithole. 

Yes it does a bit but the author is clearly exaggerating to underpin the main thesis of his article. . . that Wayne is happy slumming it in the lower echelons in order to reinvent himself as a future coach and manager. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney has been excellent since he has arrived the best signing of the Jan window in the Championship without doubt, but since he came in the players around him have started to improve like Holmes, Bird, Lawrence and Knight, I think his will to win and be the best is rubbing off on all the other players. 

1 hour ago, Ramslaar said:

Good old daily fail.very disrespectful to Derby.and got some point incorrect as well.however thankyou ella for posting it.

Yes @Ramslaar I agree thank you. “Stone cold Pride Park. . . ”, warming up in the silence etc., we shouldn’t expect anything better from the likes of the Daily Mail but it does present a positive picture of Wayne Rooney. I posted the picture of the famous announcement from 1884 that “Matches of a High Order will be arranged for next season”, and in 1888 Derby County famously signed the Goodall brothers; John had scored a huge number of goals for PNE in the inaugural season of the FL and the capture of Rooney, 130 odd years later is just another example of Derby living according to that creed. 

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Rooney has been excellent since he has arrived the best signing of the Jan window in the Championship without doubt, but since he came in the players around him have started to improve like Holmes, Bird, Lawrence and Knight, I think his will to win and be the best is rubbing off on all the other players. 

Yes. Agreed. It looks as if the culture at Derby is starting to tick according to Wayne’s World.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Top scorers in the league since the turn of the year/Rooney's arrival 

20200229_205559.jpg

Definitely no coincidence. We’re creating so so many more chances with his influence in the team. Weird thing is, I don’t think we’ve even been any more clinical. Could be far more if we get even better up front.

So I waited 2 hours to catch a glimpse of the Rooney ? which I managed, however his minder said the club have forbade him from signing autographs... I thought this was an interesting statement. 

He himself looked sincerely sorry and was saying something but I couldn't make it out.

Do we reckon this is an "excuse" so that he doesn't get hounded/disappoint people if he doesn't sign something for everyone?

Must be very overwhelming for him getting his name shouted at him all the time!!

2 minutes ago, Anna said:

So I waited 2 hours to catch a glimpse of the Rooney ? which I managed, however his minder said the club have forbade him from signing autographs... I thought this was an interesting statement. 

He himself looked sincerely sorry and was saying something but I couldn't make it out.

Do we reckon this is an "excuse" so that he doesn't get hounded/disappoint people if he doesn't sign something for everyone?

Must be very overwhelming for him getting his name shouted at him all the time!!

I'm not buying any of those excuses. You need to start a thread to declare he's a horrible person. ?

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not buying any of those excuses. You need to start a thread to declare he's a horrible person. ?

Just now, Anna said:

Some people would say he's probably had worse...

In all seriousness, that could be it. And I personally won't have anyone say owt bad about Wazza... this club deserves a good news story this season!!!

5 minutes ago, Anna said:

In all seriousness, that could be it. And I personally won't have anyone say owt bad about Wazza... this club deserves a good news story this season!!!

They've just banned handshakes during Premier League games so we're probably at the stage (or very close) were all players across the English leagues will be told to avoid interacting closely with fans. 

Archived