Derby County Loves Wayne Rooney

Inverurie Ram

20 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I really think his worth is more than how many times he kicks the ball. To see him organising the team to see out the game at the end against Hull was priceless. Watch him instead of the ball for a bit, it’s beautiful 

Rooney and beautiful in the same sentence? Are you one his grannies?

Understand what you are saying though, the upturn in form has coincided with him arriving in the team, although the Waggy equaliser against Wigan or Bielik red card could also be pointed out as turning points.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

Brilliant today again. It makes the 4 hour drive worth while. I’m sorry Bobby Davison you are now No. 2

Its the feel good factor int it?

It was great last season with Frank Lampard, one of the best players of the modern era managing us and very nearly getting us promoted.

Now we've got one of the best players of all time, some one who has over 100 caps for his country managing us and we've got Englands top ever goal scorer as our player coach.

Our young lads have the chance to progress under two of the best players of all time.

Still love Bobby Davison though......?

It’s a pleasure watching this guy play. His intelligence, awareness, passing and ideas. I look forward to watching Derby now because I get to see Rooney and his influence on the team. 
A few players who I think have brought that extra spark - many during Jim Smith era of 97/98, then later Kinkladze, Hughes, Mount and now Rooney.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Lad's a feckin Rolls Royce. Always was. For a moment I was concerned he'd not have the effect I always assumed he would. I needn't have worried. Still can't quite get my head round him playing for the club I love. I mean really, he's Wayne duckin Rooney! ?

I know you will agree but again credit to Mel and the recruitment team. 

4 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I know you will agree but again credit to Mel and the recruitment team. 

Absolutely mate. It's a proper coup. One or two suggested Wazza's arrival was little more than a PR stunt, which seemed a tad daft to me. His influence both in direct terms and also in the improvement of the players around him has been immense already and it'll be fascinating to see where that takes us. 

Wasn’t there so I can’t really comment, but I wonder if we’d have had the mental strength to come back from 2-1 down yesterday without Rooney on the pitch to galvanise the Squad and keep their heads up? I think many a Derby team would have collapsed at that point to another quick goal and that would have been game over. It’s amazing what a good leader can do to a teams morale.

Archived