v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

So how many leagues have they won? And how many cups? So you didn't say they were "top" but you're lauding them all the same. That seems a contradictory position to take. 

Cocu won a few didn’t he?

If that’s a barometer there’s very few good managers going anyway so don’t really understand your point. I just think their opinions are very relevant as they have all been good managers in this league or elsewhere. By all means choose this hill to die on if you wish but I would say at least half of our squad are a waste of time, so my issue is more the consistent picking out of Lawrence by you and many others. 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Makes me laugh that people moan about radio Derby being negative after crap like this 

what do they want ramage and Dawes praising our none existent attacking flowing football ????

We have a right to moan about RD because they are bloody awful.

HT 1-0

Boro by far the better side. Should be 2-0 up. Derby struggling to create; not helped by the lack of options when we actually win the ball.

That being said; a great opportunity was created for Waghorn and Lawrence respectively, both fluffed. 

Need to improve. 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

And a reminder they are a smack bang average championship side that are currently making us look amateurish at best never mind in the same division as them 

terrible terrible first half 

not a single player can say they’ve contributed 

A reminder that they've won their last 4 on the trot, with 2 of those wins coming away at Preston and West Brom, and they drew against Spurs' first team last week. Describing them as a 'smack bang average championship side' in their current form, along with the fact that they've brought in Patrick Roberts this week, frankly makes you look completely clueless.

We're not playing well but they're also playing better than an average championship side.

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Just a small reminder we are playing a team who have already made signings who are undefeated in 5, held spurs who fielded a very very strong team, beat WBA and Preston in 2 concecutive games - away from home, with clean sheets.

Agree with you completely, not exactly making it hard for them though are we?

Bogle caps off an awful first half with a totally in keep peace of ball retention, tried to run his man and just handed it straight back to them 

I would say one of the worst half’s I’ve seen 

but sadly in keep with most of our away performances 

shocking 

debatable team selection and even worse team performance 

set up to lose, Cos that ain’t a side that’s set up to win a game of  football 

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s as if Cocu literally sets us up to lose away from home 

Cos it isn’t to go and win that’s for sure 

turgid currently 

We beat a couple of very poor teams and are outplayed and outthought by a team on a decent run. Hardly surprising when we allow teams the ball. Cocu stumbles across a few wins and thinks he’s cracked it. So predictable. Hopefully Wazza can give the team talk

Archived