v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

We beat a couple of very poor teams and are outplayed and outthought by a team on a decent run. Hardly surprising when we allow teams the ball. Cocu stumbles across a few wins and thinks he’s cracked it. So predictable. Hopefully Wazza can give the team talk

And so he changes it 

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Bogle caps off an awful first half with a totally in keep peace of ball retention, tried to run his man and just handed it straight back to them 

I would say one of the worst half’s I’ve seen 

but sadly in keep with most of our away performances 

shocking 

debatable team selection and even worse team performance 

set up to lose, Cos that ain’t a side that’s set up to win a game of  football 

In fairness; multiple times Bogle has won the ball, looked up and seen the following:

Most of the team still in their "we were just defending position" (i.e. behind him) and Lawrence and Waghorn far ahead of him, ambling inside a group of Boro defenders.

His options are to turn around and "play it out from the back" despite multiple Boro players being in our area; hoofing it towards TL/MW who have shown no evidence they'd get on the end of it, or trying to go past his man. Not exactly a choice that has a lot of correct answers.

The positioning in this match is nothing short of awful. 15 yards too deep and not pressing. Leading to us losing the ball in areas of the pitch which lead straight to a Boro attack. Multiple times Bogle has looked up for an outlet and there is no one within 40 bloody yards of him. When he has broken forward, no one has covered him. At one point that led to a counter attack, where Clarke had to commit a foul and concede a booking. 

This is so frustrating to watch. Subtle changes make a huge difference. 

4 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

A reminder that they've won their last 4 on the trot, with 2 of those wins coming away at Preston and West Brom, and they drew against Spurs' first team last week. Describing them as a 'smack bang average championship side' in their current form, along with the fact that they've brought in Patrick Roberts this week, frankly makes you look completely clueless.

We're not playing well but they're also playing better than an average championship side.

bet they don’t finish above 10th

Better than average ... wow we really have sunk haven’t we 

outclassed by George saville 

#rockbottom 

Looks like Waghorn has been teaching Knight how to trap a ball. First touches are embarrassing. How does Lawrence make the first 11. Rooney must want to retire soon. Why have we spent the first half trying desperately to get the ball to Hamer at every opportunity.

We'll win this 2-1.

Just now, nottingram said:

Cocu won a few didn’t he?

If that’s a barometer there’s very few good managers going anyway so don’t really understand your point. I just think their opinions are very relevant as they have all been good managers in this league or elsewhere. By all means choose this hill to die on if you wish but I would say at least half of our squad are a waste of time, so my issue is more the consistent picking out of Lawrence by you and many others. 

No. You began by defending a player whose consistent selection when he offers very little is entirely questionable and indeed is being questioned by a large number of fans who watch him. Then you justified it by saying "good" managers are picking him so he must deserve his place.  Well he doesn't deserved his place. That is my opinion and the opinion of many and it's based on evidence. I'm not sure what your opinion is other than to defend a player without anything other than flimsy evidence. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

In fairness; multiple times Bogle has won the ball, looked up and seen the following:

Most of the team still in their "we were just defending position" (i.e. behind him) and Lawrence and Waghorn far ahead of him, ambling inside a group of Boro defenders.

His options are to turn around and "play it out from the back" despite multiple Boro players being in our area; hoofing it towards TL/MW who have shown no evidence they'd get on the end of it, or trying to go past his man. Not exactly a choice that has a lot of correct answers.

No, there isn’t a lot of options but that’s also Cos he’s been hanging onto it a touch too long 

bird and Rooney (not on that occasion) have been showing but he delays and delays and he leaves himself with nothing but a ball back to davies ... from that point we either go back to Hamer or give it away 

the movement higher isn’t good enough but nor is the speed at which the ball is being moved from the back 

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Bogle breaks, Lawrence runs to other side of pitch. The bloke is a joke. Fans giving him plenty of abuse.

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That will help

But thats exactly what happened he ran away and hid on the other wing and most of the Derby fans noticed it embarrassing. 

Archived