The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

By then he'll have developed such a thick Derby accent (like Jan Molby went all scouse when he was at Liverpool) no one will suspect a thing

Can't we just buy him a flat cap and a whippet and teach him to moan about everything all the time? 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting long read article here about populism vs anti-populism and how anti-populism hasn't really got any answers at the moment...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/14/anti-populism-politics-why-champions-of-civility-keep-losing

Difficult to see past it until we get to the point where we see the results of terrible policies. 

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It doesn't . The civil service has been decimated by cuts since 2007 at ground level.  They have an obsession with constantly closing offices -think we're at about twelve tax offices to serve the entire UK populace -and savaging agreed working rights at the detriment to there staff and public service . Try talking to a human, you might get through in an hour.  All made possible by Labour opening the door taking the union to the high court to reduce redundancy payments and increase pension contributions and retirement age.

At the time I voted Labour and always had, I never will again.  Then I tried Lib Dem under Clegg as I thought as a student in the 90's who didn't have to fund my course others should be afforded the same opportunity, that big manifesto pledge which went equally well. 

All politicians talk balls. You just have too decide which ones talk the most at any given time.

What worker rights you mean flexibility hours turn up to work and leave when you want no one keeping a track of the hours?

or phone up the morning and ask to take an annual leave day with no notice always granted never questioned.

or all go the pub every Thursday guess which one in Nottingham near the train station the VAT and fiddle of course.

Are they still doing gap years just leave your job tour around the world for a year come back to same old job?

Oh dear having to pay extra into their already generous pension scheme which allowed them to retire at 60 heaven forbid  them having to retire same age as private sector workers or even paying in extra must be terrible.

7 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

You wait until Cocu gets us promoted, and then immediately gets deported for being a filthy european

I quite like a filthy European mind you they are normally behind a large glass window with red lights around edge.

Only ever done window shopping I might add.

9 minutes ago, cstand said:

What worker rights you mean flexibility hours turn up to work and leave when you want no one keeping a track of the hours?

or phone up the morning and ask to take an annual leave day with no notice always granted never questioned.

or all go the pub every Thursday guess which one in Nottingham near the train station the VAT and fiddle of course.

Are they still doing gap years just leave your job tour around the world for a year come back to same old job?

Oh dear having to pay extra into their already generous pension scheme which allowed them to retire at 60 heaven forbid  them having to retire same age as private sector workers or even paying in extra must be terrible.

I worked as a statistics analyser for the government, not actually for the civil service - a hired hand if you will.  A view from the outside to the inside if you will.  First off, should you wish to apply for a job within the civil service you would have received a work pension at sixty, it isn't a restricted job role , no one stops anyone from applying . The rest of your post is crap, I think you've been watching re runs of Auf Wiedersehen Pet and got confused.

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I worked as a statistics analyser for the government, not actually for the civil service - a hired hand if you will.  A view from the outside to the inside if you will.  First off, should you wish to apply for a job within the civil service you would have received a work pension at sixty, it isn't a restricted job role , no one stops anyone from applying . The rest of your post is crap, I think you've been watching re runs of Auf Wiedersehen Pet and got confused.

I had a relative work for the VAT department for over 35 years they joked about going to VAT n fiddle so may be another pub, but every Thursday they went.

Gap year was do want ever you wanted too.

Took early retirement at 57 years old with an offer he could not refuse to keep the unions quiet all at the taxpayers expense.

My post is certainly not a load a crap it’s all true. 

Archived