Captain Rooney

Day

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant what we need, doesn't seem to shy away from giving players a kick up the arse like a true captain. IF Lawerence gets back in the team will be good to see Rooney putting him in his place and will hopefully help with his consistency and general cba aura.

6 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Brilliant what we need, doesn't seem to shy away from giving players a kick up the arse like a true captain. IF Lawerence gets back in the team will be good to see Rooney putting him in his place and will hopefully help with his consistency and general cba aura.

That Lawrence boy is in dire need of a spanking and Rooney is just the man to deliver it

Just now, singaporeram said:

Plus Curtis may not be guaranteed a place after this loan window. 

And unlikely to be here next season, makes sense to change it now. Could see us taking money for Davies this month if offered. Will end his career at Luton i reckon, seems to mention them alot and they could do with him in a relegation scrap

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

That Lawrence boy is in dire need of a spanking and Rooney is just the man to deliver it

Are you sure Lawrence will play again? Baring injuries or suspensions I can't see how he'd get back in the team. 

I'd sell him for anything remotely close to a reasonable offer. Yes he has his moments but they are few a far between. I'd be tempted to play him on Sunday as that's a free hit. He might decide he needs to impress to get back in the side but if he doesn't, there are worse things than going out in the third round of the FA cup (although obviously I'd like us to go as far as we can). But, he'd be cup tied then which might have an impact on his value. 

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure Lawrence will play again? Baring injuries or suspensions I can't see how he'd get back in the team. 

I'd sell him for anything remotely close to a reasonable offer. Yes he has his moments but they are few a far between. I'd be tempted to play him on Sunday as that's a free hit. He might decide he needs to impress to get back in the side but if he doesn't, there are worse things than going out in the third round of the FA cup (although obviously I'd like us to go as far as we can). But, he'd be cup tied then which might have an impact on his value. 

I do think he will struggle to get back in the team, but we should always exercise caution before declaring a player has played their last game for Derby (not to put words in your mouth) because I've seen lots of dramatic player turnarounds and I'm sure you have too.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

i think Lawrence's problem is mostly mental, in that he's a bit mental.  The firm guiding spanking hand of captain Rooney might do wonders yet.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I do think he will struggle to get back in the team, but we should always exercise caution before declaring a player has played their last game for Derby (not to put words in your mouth) because I've seen lots of dramatic player turnarounds and I'm sure you have too.

True. "He used to be ***** but now he's alright" springs to mind as one example (not that he was ever really that good). 

I just don't see who could dislodge (as I say, baring injuries etc). Maybe he'll come on as sub a few times and turn in some great performances. 

1 hour ago, ramit said:

i think Lawrence's problem is mostly mental, in that he's a bit mental.  The firm guiding spanking hand of captain Rooney might do wonders yet.

I agree! I think I’m he’s beat when he has something to prove. He needs competition for places and we might just have it now!

Btw the midfield has gone from our most unbalanced area over the past couple of seasons to looking really balanced. Bird does a lot of Bird/Holmes/Rooney/Knight all complementing each other quite well... with Lawrence/Beliek/Evans/Shinnie/Hudds all to come back in to add competition then there’s Sibley who I can see starting at Palace. The team selection agains Boro will be interesting! 

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Most league 2 clubs will have exited by the next round. 

8 hours ago, ramit said:

Its amazing how many neutral fans really rate him. In my experience most non-Derby/Championship fans will mention him as our best player.  I do think we could get a decent fee for him as he flatters to deceive so much. 

Archived