GET CLOUGH BACK, MEL!

Hotter

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

He was sacked cos he was taking us to another season of mid table mediocrity. Mac made me dream, he showed us beautiful, progressive football. I wouldn't trade that for Clough ever. 

People forget clough also had to deal with seasons of American austerity after the fall out of the premiership and the budget restraints that came with it.

cocu has that too in a world now governed by ffp, to a slightly lesser extent 

im telling myself to give him time as I gave Nigel time.

I’m happy to accept transition and the pain that comes with it, I just want to see something that resembles progress and I’ll be happy, no matter how small 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hotter said:

I said when he was sacked, we would live to regret it.

I have said it several times since, when it was clear to me if not the masses that the essence of what NC created was being either diluted or dismantled.

I struggle to see why the faith in Cocu from Mel when he has a guy capable of developing youth and unearthing future gems just 20 mins down the road with an already proven track record of doing so with DCFC.

If it were my money, he would be top of the list. Perhaps someone can list all of these gems again to save me the time?

He could though, it took him a long time but he was n the cusp and Rush sacked him. Huge mistake!

Or how about letting Clough finish what he has started this time?! And give him some money to spend too!

Ayup Nige my duck, how've you been??  Sorry it's not going great for you in League 1 at the moment.  

Take care x

Clough …… Im a Clough supporter , Your quite correct he had no real funds and as soon as some became available Sam Rush didn't trust Clough to spend them wisely if I remember right there was a new sponsorship deal suddenly appeared as Mac came in wasn't there , there was never any such deal while Clough was here . And part of me still would be interested to see what would really happen with Clough at the helm with some money . Although I know a few will point to he failed with Sheff Utd which was a big team in the division below us at the time. But im going t oadmit that I don't really think that clough even with money would be succesfull but I would like to see the chance , just in case.

Mac ………….I REALLY do not get the LOVE IN with this BLOKE , for gods sake WAKE UP this is a bloke who says he loves Derby yet as soon as he got successful he was making loving remarks to Newcastle which at that time totally unsettled everything he was doing . I agree he was or might still be a good coach and he makes an instant impact . But the mac effect soon wears off and the love in fades it has twice now .For gods sake he has no reason I can think of for a 3rd visit its over with Mac there isn't one single reason for him to return ……...unlike Clough who has not had a real chance with funds to spare .

Cocu ( cockup )…………...To be fair to him he has come in at a disastrous time it was a poor squad being propped up by 3 decent loans ( which is NEVER the way to go and not even now with FFP in play ) . Loans should only be used with a decent spine of a team in place , the loansshouldnt be the spine of the team . I don't like Cocu I have to say he has all the flair of an under excited Librarian , can you really see this man motivating a team for all his football nous and knowledge . A manager has to get with a team a manager has to get respect through passion and motivation , I will say now that Cocu is NOT that man . Butttttttttttt to be fair to the guy you have to really give him at least 2 transfer windows to put his ideas into place . Right now its an awful manager arriving at Derby at an awful time and it could take us down do not think that cant happen .

For me a manager has to be hard as nails but yet have that passion and be able to put the arm round the shoulder . I think right now we have to give cocu 2 windows on transfers even if it does take us down a tier . Sometimes you have to fall to pieces to start again …...afterall just look at Sheff Utd . Honestly I donttihnk its that hard to get out of this division or stay in the prem and a club like Derby should be matching the likes of Villa and easily staying in the top tier without pulling up any trees , the fact we are not shows how bad we have recruited and managed are finances in most of my life watching football . The one good thing about Derby at the moment isn't ROONEY with a walking stick its MEL MORRIS and even he looks like he is losing the will for the fight . Right now things are looking very bleak .

I do believe the players are not putting it all in for Cocu for various reasons ……..it might be the treatment of Keogh ( personally I agree with the club ) but a lot don't . It might be Cocu's personality , It might be bringing in Rooney on massive wages when the others are not …...not a lot has been said on this point but resentment from players does start over such things never mind if Rooney is bringing in more cash through other avenues the players don't look at it like that . You could say that's a bad decision by MEL and Cocu . There is a lot wrong at Derby its frightening .

If I could get a damn big sweeping brush I would brush the lot away leaving only Mel Morris in place and lets start again . As the overhaul needed is absolutely MASSIVE !! 

21 minutes ago, Budgie895 said:

I might be getting old! And My memory is not so good ,but people still keep banging on about Steve Mclarens team, wasn’t it Nigel Cloughs team? 

It was, Mac didn’t built it all. I always felt Clough kept the brakes on the team, Mac coached them to next level though.

Have total respect for Nigel and his time with us , sacked at the point a side was comming together , but that time has gone and it is not the right move to bring him back coupled with the fact I’m sure he wouldn’t come back , people say he has found his level ,I agree but not because of his ability but rather that he is a football man who enjoys working with footballers and has no time for the circus that championship and premiership football has become , really wonder what he would make of calls for cocu s head just half a season into a long term project with all the problems he has faced ,no pre season and no real transfer window to speak of ,,,,, my guess is he would say sod that I’m happy working with real people

11 hours ago, Hotter said:

I said when he was sacked, we would live to regret it.

I have said it several times since, when it was clear to me if not the masses that the essence of what NC created was being either diluted or dismantled.

I struggle to see why the faith in Cocu from Mel when he has a guy capable of developing youth and unearthing future gems just 20 mins down the road with an already proven track record of doing so with DCFC.

If it were my money, he would be top of the list. Perhaps someone can list all of these gems again to save me the time?

#Banter 

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I reckon we’ve all it thought it lol

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's the line of thought people used when Pearson came here. Basically he won the league with Leicester. All Ranieri did was turn up. 

I mean, this is really Frank Lampard sitting in 20th place, no?

NO lol as the only 3 players that made Lampards team have left pmsl 

We never won more games than we lost under Clough. 

We never finished higher than 10th. 

He signed crap strikers up until Chris Martin and then didn't see the best of him. 

When he did find a good team (Kuqi, Cywka, Bueno etc) he abandoned it pretty quickly for 442 survival hoofball and another abysmal striker in Luke Moore. 

Do you not remember the crap end of season pointless games? Out of both cups and just playing for fun

From the minute he left we have been in the Play Offs 4 times. The final 2 times. We have set club records. 

How well is he doing now? Steady? 

That's what he does. Be steady. Win a few and lose a few. Stick a few draws in and he wins what? 35%? 

I like the bloke but there's no evidence to suggest he was or would take us anywhere. If Mac is such a crap manager and failure then why couldn't Clough take us to the play off final playing that kind of football? Or was he just about to? ?

Nigel was afforded 5 years and never even troubled the top 6. He was an ok manager if you wanted a 25 year plan to stay in this league, and to be fair he built a good squad, however it became evident that when Mac came in that he wasn't getting the best out of them.

Irony is those moaning he was hard done by after 5 years and a highest league finish of 10th are not prepared to give our current manager 6 months.

What about Zach Clough?

he knows the championship, and is relatively short, so he should be able to communicate on the same level as the likes of Holmes, shinnie, and the ball boys. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

If I could get a damn big sweeping brush I would brush the lot away leaving only Mel Morris in place and lets start again . As the overhaul needed is absolutely MASSIVE !! 

It might just be that it is Mel who is the problem  !

(The rest of your post (excised)  needs a fact checker.)

Archived