Middlesbrough2001-06-12  2006-05-11 38.8%   games played  250  

OVERALL WIN PERCENTAGE = 39.15% 

All Cloughs Club Team WIN % from teams in ENGLAND 

Burton Albion2015-12-07  present-01-01  33.33%     games played  117

Sheffield United2013-10-232015-05-25     47.12%      games played  104

Derby County2009-01-06 2013-09-28        33.48%      games played  233       

Burton Albion1998-10-062009-01-06         43.72%      games played  709

OVERALL WIN PERCENTAGE = 39.41 % 

WELL WELL WELL ……….FOOD FOR THOUGHT NO , I KNOW YOU CAN USE % IN ALL SORTS OF DIFFERENT WAYS BUT I THINK THIS SHUTS A FEW PEOPLE UP , CERTAINLY THE DAFT McClaren boys .

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

STICK THIS ONE IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT ALL YOU DAFT MCLAREN BOYS 

All Steve McClaren Club Teams WIN % from teams in ENGLAND 

Derby 2016-10-29 2017-03-18  36.84%   games played 19

Derby County 2016-10-122017-03-12 45.83%   games played24

Newcastle United 2015-06-102016-03-10 23.53%    games played  34

Derby 2014-03-012015-08-08 50%            games played 68

Derby County 2013-09-30 2015-05-25 53.68%    games played  95        

Nottingham Forest 2011-06-13 2011-10-02 23.08%games played13

Middlesbrough2001-06-12  2006-05-11 38.8%   games played  250  

OVERALL WIN PERCENTAGE = 39.15% 

All Cloughs Club Team WIN % from teams in ENGLAND 

Burton Albion2015-12-07  present-01-01  33.33%     games played  117

Sheffield United2013-10-232015-05-25     47.12%      games played  104

Burton Albion1998-10-062009-01-06         43.72%      games played  709

OVERALL WIN PERCENTAGE = 39.41 % 

WELL WELL WELL ……….FOOD FOR THOUGHT NO , I KNOW YOU CAN USE % IN ALL SORTS OF DIFFERENT WAYS BUT I THINK THIS SHUTS A FEW PEOPLE UP , CERTAINLY THE DAFT McClaren boys .

Why only England ?

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Do I really need to explain that or are you that desperate to put McClaren on top with his abroad cheap title wins to prove your point . 

The fact its based in England and just for club sides before you say why not the national team is to put it on a fair basis .

Oh, why not just compare their times at Derby when they had essentially the same squad, would that not be a fairer comparison ?

Bit different comparing managing in the conference or lower leagues to Europe or the PL don't you agree ?

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

Do I really need to explain that or are you that desperate to put McClaren on top with his abroad cheap title wins to prove your point . 

The fact its based in England and just for club sides before you say why not the national team is to put it on a fair basis .

Why don't we do it with Clough's national team and matches with teams not in England? That would be fair as well wouldn't it?

Just now, AdamRam said:

Oh, why not just compare their times at Derby when they had essentially the same squad, would that not be a fairer comparison ?

Bit different comparing managing in the conference or lower leagues to Europe or the PL don't you agree ?

Here we go .

I just love it absolutely love these Stevie Mac boys . Next they will be saying he was a brill footballer . He was one of the worst midfielders Derby had ran around all day with his socks round his ankles trying to be a fancy dan , when he was a pile of crap . Absolutely ineffective . McClaren is  a very good coach that has an instant impact but it soon fades and he isn't a long term very good manager . Interesting lets look at his % at Middlesborough where he was for quite a length of time . If cloughs so crap how come he seems to stay at clubs for quite a length of time . 

Im not a Clough out and out supporter but I would like one more time to see him back at Derby with money and being backed properly . Only then will you be able to say if Clough is good or not . 

On Cocu I don't like him but I think you have to be fair and give him at least one summer transfer window wether we go down or not .

24 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

STICK THIS ONE IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT ALL YOU DAFT MCLAREN BOYS 

Steve McClaren 

Derby 2016-10-29 2017-03-18  36.84%   games played 19

Derby County 2016-10-122017-03-12 45.83%   games played24

Derby 2014-03-012015-08-08 50%            games played 68

Derby County 2013-09-30 2015-05-25 53.68%    games played  95         

Cloughs 

This what matters. Not only did Clough win remarkably few games for us he also bored us witless

24 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

Here we go .

I just love it absolutely love these Stevie Mac boys . Next they will be saying he was a brill footballer . He was one of the worst midfielders Derby had ran around all day with his socks round his ankles trying to be a fancy dan , when he was a pile of crap . Absolutely ineffective . McClaren is  a very good coach that has an instant impact but it soon fades and he isn't a long term very good manager . Interesting lets look at his % at Middlesborough where he was for quite a length of time . If cloughs so crap how come he seems to stay at clubs for quite a length of time . 

Im not a Clough out and out supporter but I would like one more time to see him back at Derby with money and being backed properly . Only then will you be able to say if Clough is good or not . 

On Cocu I don't like him but I think you have to be fair and give him at least one summer transfer window wether we go down or not .

I'm no massive Mac fan, I just recognise the achievements during his time at Derby.  Didn't he also win a cup and got to a euro final at boro, not bad and I'd say better than anything any Derby manager has done in the past 40 years, including Nigel.

Lets not forget the Dutch title he won, I wouldn't bring either of them back but he is head and shoulders above anything NC has achieved in his managerial career.

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

PLZ engage brain or get back to ya play station 

At the end of the day all I care about is their time here. I couldn't care less how a manager has done at other clubs.

Mac did a better job here than Clough. 

You eliminated Mac's time in The Netherlands and Germany as they weren't relevant but include Clough's non league time. It just makes you look desperate to prove that Clough is a better manager. 

You say about him flirting with the Newcastle job but he didn't. He denied he was going there time and again, but he kept getting the same question every week, I got bored listening to it, so can't imagine how he felt being asked it every week. That didn't cost us promotion that season, it was the injuries suffered to Thorne, Eustace, Mascerall, Buxton, Martin, Bent, Russell, Whitbread. Just like injuries have decimated the team now. 

It is boring argument anyway, just like the majority of Clough's matches here. 

31 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

ChEaP tItLe WiNs ??‍♂️

Mac gave us the best times of our decade..... and even then we whipped ourselves into a frenzy about “loyalty” and he should say something about Newcastle.

If were talking toxicity in this club..... that’s a good guide to the birth of it.

12 hours ago, Hotter said:

Who says Cocu has to be sacked for Clough to come back in? 

IF I had to choose, I would choose Clough. But perhaps Clough and Cocu together in some way? 

Now I'm convinced you've been on the pop too much over Christmas.

Are you Nigel Clough's agent by any chance?

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I'm no massive Mac fan, I just recognise the achievements during his time at Derby.  Didn't he also win a cup and got to a euro final at boro, not bad and I'd say better than anything any Derby manager has done in the past 40 years, including Nigel.

Lets not forget the Dutch title he won, I wouldn't bring either of them back but he is head and shoulders above anything NC has achieved in his managerial career.

Other than a few second division titles the league cup McClaren won for Boro is the only trophy they have ever won. And yes he got Boro to their first ever European final in the Uefa cup.

Apparently his Eredivisie title doesnt count according to some on here despite the fact that he did it with a team who had never won it before in a league dominated by two teams.

The football we played under Mac1 (and 2 for that matter) was far more entertaining than anything Clough jnr ever managed to serve up here. In fact it was probably the best football we've seen since Mac was here with Jim Smith.

There are a lot of comments about how Mac took Clough's players and got more out of them.  Could be true over the season but its interesting to look at an exact comparison between the teams they both faced.  Before being sacked Clough faced these teams and got 11 points, that's exactltly the same amount as Mac got 11 points from the return fixtures. 

Brighton 

Leicester City

Yeovil Town

Burnley 

Millwall

Bolton Wanderers

Nottingham Forest

Archived