GET CLOUGH BACK, MEL!

Hotter

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Neither did many managers in the division. Just look at Blackpool when they got promoted, the used the money we gave them for Barker and got promoted off that. 

I remember them borrowing Luke Varney off us for the season when they got promoted and he turned into Ronaldo for six months . Very strange.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

One of Cloughs biggest mistakes not signing him.

Love to ever be able sit down with him and try and understand that. 

I can make some clearance to this one. Let's put it this way: 

If you'd sit down with Kuqi, you would understand Clough's decision perfectly.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

One of Cloughs biggest mistakes not signing him.

Love to ever be able sit down with him and try and understand that. 

Think was his wages and fee. The fee went up a bit .  Even more bizarre was letting Commons go for 300,000k after we held off offering a contract too him for six months .

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

????

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think was his wages and fee. The fee went up a bit .  Even more bizarre was letting Commons go for 300,000k after we held off offering a contract too him for six months .

Wages and fee. No doubt value pound for pound much better than either Waghorn or Marriott 

Commons,  we wont know.  Probably the only thing we could do. 

2 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Or how about we bring back Dutch schteve in as a director of football, with cocu. 

Maybe we'd get some continuity then for the next few seasons? 

Jeez ,,, rosenior ,Rooney then schteve, how many more do we want to push on him ,, how about Harry s dog

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I remember them borrowing Luke Varney off us for the season when they got promoted and he turned into Ronaldo for six months . Very strange.

Luke Varney was a weird signing.

Jewell i think and Clough not allowed to play him due to how fee was structured. 

8 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I got the impression he was only here because we was a mate of Savage? He had no intention of staying with us long term.

I did always find the criticism of Clough for that one a bit much. When Luke Moore came in it was with the intention of bringing him in permanently, NC planned around that but then Moore ducked off as soon as a better offer came in, leaving NC in the lurch.

Was it directly after this that Martin came in? 

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

Yeah because wins at League One and Conference levels are exactly the same as Premier League and Championship games, right? It's not food for thought, and it won't shut anyone up. It's a badly constructed argument with cherry picked stats. Anyone with working eyes and a brain should know Mac did a much better job here than Clough, and it ain't close.

Hi Steve McLaren, ?

Derby under NC - Could see what we were trying to do, likeable players you could get behind because although not brilliant nobody could knock them because they played for the shirt, low expectations meant matches were generally exciting because we’d be over the moon with a half decent performance. 

Genuinely believe he would have got us up but unfortunately it didn’t happen, been and gone... and we had some good times after with his squad under SM.

We could do with the players we had under Nigel at Derby now...

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

doesn't matter whose team it 'was', it matters who got them playing and who managed them properly.

If you go to a restaurant and have an amazing meal, do you credit the chef or the person who did the shopping?

No but u can’t cook good food with poo ingredients 

So to have those fine ingredients at your disposal that were brought in from from the lower reaches of the reduced to clear basket means the guy who sourced them deserves some credit too 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

No but u can’t cook good food with poo ingredients 

So to have those fine ingredients at your disposal that were brought in from from the lower reaches of the reduced to clear basket means the guy who sourced them deserves some credit too 

never said he didn't deserve some credit for getting a couple of transfers right. He was just useless managing anyone with skill or personality.

Archived