GET CLOUGH BACK, MEL!

Hotter

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

never said he didn't deserve some credit for getting a couple of transfers right. He was just useless managing anyone with skill or personality.

Come on.... u can do better than 

“a couple of transfers” lol ?

I’ll let u say it through gritted teeth if it makes it easier 

we’re still dining off “a couple of transfers” minus what would be still the club captain some 6 or so managers and even more years later

his tactics were ultimately floored I’ll admit that, and Mac harnessed that crop of players in a way I don’t think Nigel could ever had done,  although on current evidence was he really that much more negative than our current ruler of the iron throne ?

its close 

Hadn't paid much attention to Burton recently, so after reading this thread I thought I'd have a look and see how well they were doing. 

They must be as we wouldn't get the suggestion of getting Saint Nige back eh?..........I was expecting something good, maybe top three or at the very least challenging for the playoffs.........instead we got

1638447363_ScreenShot2019-12-30at14_00_24.png.b56355907f72479749e8b179ec04b223.png

Their attendances are plummeting too...............I'm not convinced Sanit Nige the magic football fairy is the man to headhunt!

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Come on.... u can do better than 

“a couple of transfers” lol ?

I’ll let u say it through gritted teeth if it makes it easier 

we’re still dining off “a couple of transfers” minus what would be still the club captain some 6 or so managers and even more years later

his tactics were ultimately floored I’ll admit that, and Mac harnessed that crop of players in a way I don’t think Nigel could ever had done,  although on current evidence was he really that much more negative than our current ruler of the iron throne ?

its close 

okay, I'll play your game. Clough relied on Paul Jewell's and Billy Davies' signings as much as his own.

He extended the contracts of Bywater, Leacock, McEveley, Pearson, Green, Teale, Davies and without Jewell and Davies's signings would've got relegated.

Yes, I mean a couple of transfers too. Bryson, Martin and Keogh are the only ones that, in my opinion, stand the test of time, and plenty of fans slated both Martin and Bryson as "past it" 4 seasons ago!!!!!! Forsyth is average at best. Who else are we still "dining off"??

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

okay, I'll play your game. Clough relied on Paul Jewell's and Billy Davies' signings as much as his own.

He extended the contracts of Bywater, Leacock, McEveley, Pearson, Green, Teale, Davies and without Jewell and Davies's signings would've got relegated.

Yes, I mean a couple of transfers too. Bryson, Martin and Keogh are the only ones that, in my opinion, stand the test of time, and plenty of fans slated both Martin and Bryson as "past it" 4 seasons ago!!!!!! Forsyth is average at best. Who else are we still "dining off"??

It’s nearly 8 seasons mate??!

to have players that were signed by another manager that length of time ago ... shock horror they ain’t what they were ?!!... is that obvious 

Hughes and Hendrick?

weve only just stopped dining off the money we made on them in the form of Johnson, buttefield and blackman.

Oh wait weve still got Anya.. so were still going lol

ogh ur also conveniently forgetting we were under American austerity 

Things are tight here atm with cocu and ffp but he’s still had circa 8m quid to spunk on one player hasn’t he 

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

both at the club before Clough. I haven't conveniently forgot anything. Facts are facts. McClaren performed under THAT same austerity. Clough just bored the hell out of everyone.

Yes he did perform under that austerity 

the difference was he had a starting point made up of hendrick, Hughes, Martin, bryson, keogh, russell

not alberstein, Claude Davis, mcevrerly, teale and Eddie Lewis 

As u say facts are facts 

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes he did perform under that austerity 

the difference was he had a starting point made up of hendrick, Hughes, Martin, bryson, keogh, russell

not alberstein, Claude Davis, mcevrerly, teale and Eddie Lewis 

As u say facts are facts 

But Clough had those players too and didn't do owt with them. What are you not understanding here?

I don't think NC thought the squad was ready to let loose. McClaren came in and he set the same team loose and boy were they a bright surprise. However, they didn't get anywhere did they, not ultimately. And after 4 or 5 years of progressive decline as the team that wasn't completed in the first place has slowly been dismantled, we are right back were we were when NC joined us. I think NC needed another 12 to 18 months to finish his project and then set  a team / squad loose that was ready to succeed. I don't think many can see this, including obviously Rush at the time and also Mel. More the fool them. 

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

But Clough had those players too and didn't do owt with them. What are you not understanding here?

Sorry what are clarvoyant or something ?

Maybe he was still building 

maybe having finally got he squad in place to do something on a budget that suited the owners
Maybe In that window he would have been allowed to bring in 3 premiership loans to kick us on like Mac did 

or maybe he had found another Jason shackell to bolster that back line or another free transfer Chris Martin quality striker

maybe he had targets that would had actually got us over the line

who knows

Whoever wants NC back should really go and give their head a shake.

What we have got now is poo, that's down to losing 3 premiership quality players and a twit who could not put his seat belt on in a lift with another pi$$ed up twit.

The job NC did to keep us in the League was a amazing. But his football was total poo week after week after week.

I actually fell asleep at a Night match & vowed i would never ever watch another game managed by NC.  Match after match with zero shots on target.

Slagging his players off in public.

No thanks

Website has seriously toned down my language

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry what are clarvoyant or something ?

Maybe he was still building 

maybe having finally got he squad in place to do something on a budget that suited the owners
Maybe In that window he would have been allowed to bring in 3 premiership loans to kick us on like Mac did 

or maybe he had found another Jason shackell to bolster that back line or another free transfer Chris Martin quality striker

maybe he had targets that would had actually got us over the line

who knows

hahahahahahahahahaha, so let me get this straight, Nigel Clough wasn't trying to win until he was given the money to buy more players?

In that case he should be banned from managing professional football teams forever!

20 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

hahahahahahahahahaha, so let me get this straight, Nigel Clough wasn't trying to win until he was given the money to buy more players?

In that case he should be banned from managing professional football teams forever!

Yes CosThat’s What I said wasnt it

quality trolling buddy I’ll give u that 

Archived