Cocu In

Bazal77

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Cocu was given a hand where the best cards had been taken away and he had little time to replace them. 

he then lost his creative player in Huddlestone and the person that brought the ball out from the back in RK, he then had further issues with injuries to the defence.

i think people should judge him next season when he has recruited and it’s his team 

Or having seen what we have we should get rid before we allow him to spend more of the sort of money he spent on one player so far?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

What makes you think they can't be bothered? The celebrations for the equaliser against Wigan, the post match interviews and posts on social media suggest otherwise.

The effort urgency and commitment they show as a rule. Don't take one or two games as an example. We should get 100% effort and commitment every game. That isdosn to the players no Cocu, anybody who has preceded him and anybody who may succeed him. 

Fringe players in the first team, from the U23's, earn topside of £120k a year, putting the in the top 1% of earners in the UK whilst still in their teens. For that they and those earning significantly larger sums, should give 100% every minute of every game. 

Just now, Ramtastic ones said:

The effort urgency and commitment they show as a rule. Don't take one or two games as an example. We should get 100% effort and commitment every game. That isdosn to the players no Cocu, anybody who has preceded him and anybody who may succeed him. 

Fringe players in the first team, from the U23's, earn topside of £120k a year, putting the in the top 1% of earners in the UK whilst still in their teens. For that they and those earning significantly larger sums, should give 100% every minute of every game. 

What you also describe are their words. Words are cheap and easy. Actions take effort and commitment. 

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Interesting post. You allude to what seems a motivational issue. 

Is a person isn't self motivated whose responsibility would you say it was then to motivate that individual to get them to an acceptable level?

I would expect players to be self motivating. They are professionals, not at the top level but not far from - many more leagues below than above - and shouldnt need motivators. 

Our young ones played quite well today. I hope Cocu can get the best out of them in the near future as well. Cocu should get a chance this season to bring in our young talent and build on it next season with some proven quality players. If we have something to spend.

He is in an interesting position. Whether by accident or design he has found the winning formula - Lowe, knight, bird and......

can he stick to it when bielik, Lawrence and huddlestone are available again?

this is a moment not unlike when Nigel clough stumbled upon a winning formula with kuqi, commons, bueno, and cywka. But he ballsed it up. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

He is in an interesting position. Whether by accident or design he has found the winning formula - Lowe, knight, bird and......

this is a moment not unlike when Nigel clough stumbled upon a winning formula with kuqi, commons, bueno, and cywka. But he ballsed it up. 

As you say - by accident or design - we had a midfield again.  Our last win, against Preston, was hailed as  a very good performance but we have played so differently and disappointingly since. Tonight was just as good a performance and I hope Knight and Bird are selected on Thursday.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He found wining formula for tonight and that's great but so far when he has found a good team selection and formation he hasn't stuck to it.

Was the attacking formation tonight just for opposition playing 3 centre backs or is it for the future? Who knows? 

But it was great to watch and I hope it does continue. The performances of the young players were excellent putting players like Lawrence to shame - the way he gives up when he loses the ball or fails to find a team mate and pass before he has the ball taken away from him.

On 27/12/2019 at 12:22, Remy the hare said:

I agree that sacking him is embarrassing and costly, so I would rather keep. However I do feel he is like Teresa May was as PM, maybe a excellent PM, thinker, tactician, but not at the time she was in power (toxic & turbulent). We needed someone who could inspire, lead, motivate, make drastic changes etc.

Charlton in front of the sky cameras will be his Waterloo me thinks. Sink or swim ?

Well he passed that one ok with the best team performance for some time

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Cocu in cocu in cocu in

Let’s wait until Hilda has spoken.

if she wees uncontrollably then that’s normally a good sign.

Cocu in for me.  And, I suspect the same for the players. No one can accuse them the other night if not trying hard.

Lets be honest- we’ve had six years of flirting with getting promoted and haven’t. I dread to think what we’d have been like in the Premier League, maybe retaining Wilson only.

The point is we NEED and MUST do something different. Our ‘reserves’ won their league last season and are top again this season. Seems sensible to blood youngsters this season and blend them with some new signings. 

Mel has been trigger happy in the past. The fact he supports Cocu suggests that he not only buys into the above, but also Cocu the man. I do too. I just think his humanity and decency shines through when interviewed and I really hope he pulls this off. I am prepared to give him all next season to show significant progress before I’d consider criticising him. I think there is an unrealistic sense of entitlement round here sometimes, that doesn’t take into account we have spent almost as many seasons in the second tier (or lower) in our history as the top tier. IF, he does pull this off it just might be in a sustainable way that keeps us up. 

2 hours ago, Van Rammeister said:

Cocu in for me.  And, I suspect the same for the players. No one can accuse them the other night if not trying hard.

Lets be honest- we’ve had six years of flirting with getting promoted and haven’t. I dread to think what we’d have been like in the Premier League, maybe retaining Wilson only.

The point is we NEED and MUST do something different. Our ‘reserves’ won their league last season and are top again this season. Seems sensible to blood youngsters this season and blend them with some new signings. 

Mel has been trigger happy in the past. The fact he supports Cocu suggests that he not only buys into the above, but also Cocu the man. I do too. I just think his humanity and decency shines through when interviewed and I really hope he pulls this off. I am prepared to give him all next season to show significant progress before I’d consider criticising him. I think there is an unrealistic sense of entitlement round here sometimes, that doesn’t take into account we have spent almost as many seasons in the second tier (or lower) in our history as the top tier. IF, he does pull this off it just might be in a sustainable way that keeps us up. 

It was the U18s who won the league last season (currently 7th).

The U23s finished 7th last season (currently top).

Happy New Year everyone hope you all have a great one 

it will be helped of course if our beloved Derby County can climb the table and compete at the right end of the table 

was thinking last night whilst heavily under the influence of alcohol but I thought this 

if Cocu succeeds and turns us into a force to be reckoned with and leads us to promotion ...he will be adored by most and do you know why ?

Because he would’ve been on the journey with all of us through thick and thin and when the chips were down and when we were playing dire at times turgid football ...if he comes through this emotional roller coaster with us he will be revered by all ( or most anyway there’s always the odd few in here who will never be pleased lol ) and it will bring us all together ...if he manages this I believe he could go on to be one of the best managers we’ve ever had ...and doing it the hard way....from top to bottom ....just my opinion....watching him run out of the dugout and fist pumping the air I couldn’t help but smile ...not just because we scored but because the man deserves a break ....all the best fellow Rams Fans 

Been on the Cocu out side recently totally lost my patience but after some reflection time maybe I was harsh. I definitely like the fact he is giving the youth a chance in fact I hope others get a go too as I think bird and knight seem more comfortable playing alongside other u23s I would like to see them brought through as a group rather than the odd cameo here and there and this is the season to do it. Also I'm happy Martin has been involved this season. Cocu has ticked two of the boxes I wanted to see happen so if he can follow it up by selling Lawrence, Bennett and Malone I'll be a fully converted follower. I'm back on the fence between in and out but definitely more optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was the U18s who won the league last season (currently 7th).

The U23s finished 7th last season (currently top).

My bad. 

But, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Think this makes the point I was trying to make even more forcibly. ?

40 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Happy New Year everyone hope you all have a great one 

it will be helped of course if our beloved Derby County can climb the table and compete at the right end of the table 

was thinking last night whilst heavily under the influence of alcohol but I thought this 

if Cocu succeeds and turns us into a force to be reckoned with and leads us to promotion ...he will be adored by most and do you know why ?

Because he would’ve been on the journey with all of us through thick and thin and when the chips were down and when we were playing dire at times turgid football ...if he comes through this emotional roller coaster with us he will be revered by all ( or most anyway there’s always the odd few in here who will never be pleased lol ) and it will bring us all together ...if he manages this I believe he could go on to be one of the best managers we’ve ever had ...and doing it the hard way....from top to bottom ....just my opinion....watching him run out of the dugout and fist pumping the air I couldn’t help but smile ...not just because we scored but because the man deserves a break ....all the best fellow Rams Fans 

All this & more @S8TY couldn’t have put it better myself ? ... Mr Cocu clearly has a raison d’etre which by definition is not an immediate fix .... the academy lads will need time (some more than others) but the potential is there and if we give him time surely he (and the rest of us) will reap the rewards. Can understand the frustration, and doubts, of some but we cannot continue chopping & changing managers on a regular basis. He has a massive opportunity to take the young lads and the club to the next level and in my opinion deserves the time to do so. There will be ups & downs along the way but the potential for the positives outweigh the negatives and, you are correct, if he pulls it off he will go down as one of the best managers in the history of our great club. COYR. ...... oh & I forgot there’s that Wayne bloke waiting in the wings too ?

Archived