Cocu In

Bazal77

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this whole ordeal right now with the cocu in or cocu our is ridiculous. The bloke is a very intelligent and articulate guy. He provides excellent analysis and clearly tries to implement the right things. It’s the players he has got. His starting keeper can’t catch. He’s been made to use a 3rd choice cb and a left midfielder/ left back at cb. He’s had to use a lb at rb for a lot of the season. Has not had our best player in the midfield and won’t have one of our better players for a long time. So we’ve been left with 4 choice dm who is now injured and we’ve had to resort to the youth teams for numbers now. He tried to use wingers like how he originally wanted to play but it’s clear our wingers were dire so has resorted to playing midfielders on the wings. He’s got 3 strikers. 1 who 2 previous managers ha e skated for never being fit. Another who ends up having to fill on the wing and also cannot score to save his life at the moment. And the other one is more of a creative striker and doesn’t get as many goals as he should. I could go through the whole team and most players would be league 1 slandered with a few exceptions. The way the fans expect top 6 because we literally have sneaked In the top 6 the past 3 years and I literally mean we have just made it. It’s shocking. We all can see. The players ignore cocus instructions. And are brain dead stupid to be honest. Tom Lawrence has 10 yellow cards from the wing. Wtf is that. Evans is scared to look at the opposition goal otherwise he gets scared. Josefzoon.... don’t know where to begin. Marriott has 1 goal in 19 appearances yet is hailed like a god. 

I beg all of you that read this who are cocu out will you please remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and toddlers don’t suddenly grow up and mature without experience and experimenting. I can see what cocu is trying to create we’ve seen flashes and teasers. Maybe and this is a suggestion is we look for an English coach who is a great motivator and a coach. Almost like lampard. Maybe Rooney can do this. Because I think phils a bit monotone and a bit quiet and we need someone to fire the lads up to have them smelling revenge and doing well.

I for one are exited about next season and the summer because I expect there will be at least 10 signings and at least 8 of them will be first team regulars.  The futures bright guys don’t worry just give us time 

Fair enough, but haven’t we already got about 25 threads on this? 

Regardless, what makes you so sure that he’ll do so well with better players? He hasn’t exactly got a great squad right now, no one will deny that, but they’re not relegation quality. And at the moment, Cocu has them playing like relegation fodder. How can we be so sure that if we give him a promotion capable squad that he’ll be able to see them up? And what evidence is there that he’s brave enough to play the attacking style to see us up? Because all evidence points to the opposite at the moment.

It all seems to me that a fair few of the Cocu in camp to me are backing the manager through little more than blind faith. I’ve seen some legitimate reasons given by other posters which is fair enough, but for some it’s almost like we should keep him just for stabilities sake. That isn’t a good enough reason for me.

I feel we should all get behind cocu he’s been given some very bad circumstances, however it doesn’t mean he can escape criticism. I’ve heard from someone inside the club that the club had a Christmas meal on Christmas Eve and half the team didn’t show up and went to...keoghs meal. If true I would firstly not be surprised and it just shows how different the team togetherness  is in comparison to last season. 

I agree that sacking him is embarrassing and costly, so I would rather keep. However I do feel he is like Teresa May was as PM, maybe a excellent PM, thinker, tactician, but not at the time she was in power (toxic & turbulent). We needed someone who could inspire, lead, motivate, make drastic changes etc.

Charlton in front of the sky cameras will be his Waterloo me thinks. Sink or swim ?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair enough, but haven’t we already got about 25 threads on this? 

No we don’t have numerous threads on this. 
The threads your referring to are an endless moan and groan about how awful everything is. 
I was trying to put something positive in and amongst everything. 

The crux of the Cocu in arguments are all based on blind assumption that he's doing good work behind the scenes. We don't see any of that. I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. What I see is a lost team, who don't understand the tactics or the formations, can barely pass to each other and don't score goals. 

People can sit trying to convince themselves and others that if we stick with Cocu it'll magically come good, but that's just optimism. There is nothing to base that opinion off.

If Cocu's name was Nigel Pearson, Neil Warnock, Steve McClaren he'd have fans clamouring to fire him, yet Cocu gets this benefit of the doubt because he won a tier 2 league title. 

I don't believe he has a plan to sort this mess out, I think he's out of his depth and winging it. Time won't help him, it'll just delay the inevitable and set us further back in the future. Out.

19 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

No we don’t have numerous threads on this. 
The threads your referring to are an endless moan and groan about how awful everything is. 
I was trying to put something positive in and amongst everything. 

I would suggest the Cocu in/out thread is designed to have both arguments... and does have both arguments 

Im Cocu in because I’m ‘players out’. 

let’s stop blaming a bloke not on the pitch for these clowns not being able to find a teammate with a basic pass, or for being unable to hit the target in a decent scenario or for choosing the wrong option every damn time in the final third or for giving away countless penalties needlessly. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Im Cocu in because I’m ‘players out’. 

let’s stop blaming a bloke not on the pitch for these clowns not being able to find a teammate with a basic pass, or for being unable to hit the target in a decent scenario or for choosing the wrong option every damn time in the final third or for giving away countless penalties needlessly. 

Why should we stop blaming him for that? Isn't his job to coach these players? Get more out of them? Make them learn from their mistakes? Isn't the manager ultimately responsible for the performance of the team? 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why should we stop blaming him for that? Isn't his job to coach these players? Get more out of them? Make them learn from their mistakes? Isn't the manager ultimately responsible for the performance of the team? 

Because he can’t kick every ball for them. 

2 points dropped v Weds because Forsyth sh#ts the bed under minimal pressure. 
2 points dropped v Cardiff(?) xos Waghorn made a stupid challenge. 

Ryan Conway wrote an article on it, per game we’re averaging almost 2 goal conceding mistakes (penos or mistakes leading to goals). We’re essentially starting each game 2-0 down because of individual errors. If we were making errors as a group then fair put it on him but these are individual howlers. 

hammered in a game we played better in (Reading) because Malone isn’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because he can’t kick every ball for them. 

2 points dropped v Weds because Forsyth sh#ts the bed under minimal pressure. 
2 points dropped v Cardiff(?) xos Waghorn made a stupid challenge. 

Ryan Conway wrote an article on it, per game we’re averaging almost 2 goal conceding mistakes (penos or mistakes leading to goals). We’re essentially starting each game 2-0 down because of individual errors. If we were making errors as a group then fair put it on him but these are individual howlers. 

hammered in a game we played better in (Reading) because Malone isn’t good enough. 

I just think the players are not enjoying playing under Cocu, and when you are not enjoying your football, that is when you are prone to making more and more mistakes or playing ‘in your shell’.

Cocu’s tactics, team selections and philosophy are at odds with this set of players.

The difference in these players would be night and day with a managerial change.

5 hours ago, Big Trav said:

this whole ordeal right now with the cocu in or cocu our is ridiculous. The bloke is a very intelligent and articulate guy. He provides excellent analysis and clearly tries to implement the right things. It’s the players he has got. His starting keeper can’t catch. He’s been made to use a 3rd choice cb and a left midfielder/ left back at cb. He’s had to use a lb at rb for a lot of the season. Has not had our best player in the midfield and won’t have one of our better players for a long time. So we’ve been left with 4 choice dm who is now injured and we’ve had to resort to the youth teams for numbers now. He tried to use wingers like how he originally wanted to play but it’s clear our wingers were dire so has resorted to playing midfielders on the wings. He’s got 3 strikers. 1 who 2 previous managers ha e skated for never being fit. Another who ends up having to fill on the wing and also cannot score to save his life at the moment. And the other one is more of a creative striker and doesn’t get as many goals as he should. I could go through the whole team and most players would be league 1 slandered with a few exceptions. The way the fans expect top 6 because we literally have sneaked In the top 6 the past 3 years and I literally mean we have just made it. It’s shocking. We all can see. The players ignore cocus instructions. And are brain dead stupid to be honest. Tom Lawrence has 10 yellow cards from the wing. Wtf is that. Evans is scared to look at the opposition goal otherwise he gets scared. Josefzoon.... don’t know where to begin. Marriott has 1 goal in 19 appearances yet is hailed like a god. 

I beg all of you that read this who are cocu out will you please remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and toddlers don’t suddenly grow up and mature without experience and experimenting. I can see what cocu is trying to create we’ve seen flashes and teasers. Maybe and this is a suggestion is we look for an English coach who is a great motivator and a coach. Almost like lampard. Maybe Rooney can do this. Because I think phils a bit monotone and a bit quiet and we need someone to fire the lads up to have them smelling revenge and doing well.

I for one are exited about next season and the summer because I expect there will be at least 10 signings and at least 8 of them will be first team regulars.  The futures bright guys don’t worry just give us time 

Rome wont built in a day mi owd but I bet they had running water and a sewage system in after fost week ta build on... we ain't got that after 20 odd matches ....

Archived