Cocu In

Bazal77

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke, Huddlestone and Rooney will be available to play soon and we’ll see a big difference - a CB who is comfortable with the ball and is a better defender than Forsyth, plus two leaders in the middle of the pitch (as well as improving the quality on the field). 
Add the recruitment of a new CB to replace Davies and a quality right winger, then I’ll feel comfortable in us finishing somewhere in the top half.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because he can’t kick every ball for them. 

2 points dropped v Weds because Forsyth sh#ts the bed under minimal pressure. 
2 points dropped v Cardiff(?) xos Waghorn made a stupid challenge. 

Ryan Conway wrote an article on it, per game we’re averaging almost 2 goal conceding mistakes (penos or mistakes leading to goals). We’re essentially starting each game 2-0 down because of individual errors. If we were making errors as a group then fair put it on him but these are individual howlers. 

hammered in a game we played better in (Reading) because Malone isn’t good enough. 

Don’t be surprised if you ask “clowns” to play in the wrong positions and in a style they are not comfortable with that they make mistakes. He only discovered Shinnie could play when he was forced to use him through  injury. The fat controller is pulling the levers. 

Nice guy but emperors new clothes. He might stumble through by luck

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair enough, but haven’t we already got about 25 threads on this? 

Regardless, what makes you so sure that he’ll do so well with better players? He hasn’t exactly got a great squad right now, no one will deny that, but they’re not relegation quality. And at the moment, Cocu has them playing like relegation fodder. How can we be so sure that if we give him a promotion capable squad that he’ll be able to see them up? And what evidence is there that he’s brave enough to play the attacking style to see us up? Because all evidence points to the opposite at the moment.

It all seems to me that a fair few of the Cocu in camp to me are backing the manager through little more than blind faith. I’ve seen some legitimate reasons given by other posters which is fair enough, but for some it’s almost like we should keep him just for stabilities sake. That isn’t a good enough reason for me.

It's quite simple, really.

The CocuIn camp are acting under the assumption that Phillip Cocu has the ability and know-how to turn this around given time and investment; and their positivity regarding the future is primarily supported by the growing influence of young players in the first team, among other off-the-field elements.

The CocuOut camp are acting under the assumption that Phillip Cocu does not have the ability or know-how to turn this around regardless of time or investment; and their negativity regarding the future is primarily supported by past slumps involving many of this playing squad not being turned around (although with the technicality that that was usually due to us sacking whoever was in charge), as well as the current on-the-field performances.

Both, in my opinion, are completely respectable positions to have.

Meanwhile, there's another population group that would say they wouldn't switch sides based on one-or-two performances, but they would; continuously. 

Both camps are acting under assumptions. Neither know what's going to happen. I don't much like members of the #Out camp trying to drag everyone over to their side by demanding analysis as to why Cocu is the right man - knowing that in this half a season such a task is not possible; nor do I like members of the #In camp telling people who want him gone that they should shut the duck up and take their negativity elsewhere. The engagement of Cocu In/Cocu Out has lacked actual debate since it first started, when all argument was expended because both camps settled on "Wait and see, I'll be right." - so I think everyone would be better off if they just stopped engaging people on the other side until something new can be brought to the table; this going round in circles is tedious as hell.

Obviously, I would prefer it if everyone's brain worked like mine did and you were all capable of just humming absent mindedly through all the turgid football, sincerely confident it will turn around. But I do not harbour any discontent towards those who can't or won't. We're all different.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's quite simple, really.

The CocuIn camp are acting under the assumption that Phillip Cocu has the ability and know-how to turn this around given time and investment; and their positivity regarding the future is primarily supported by the growing influence of young players in the first team, among other off-the-field elements.

The CocuOut camp are acting under the assumption that Phillip Cocu does not have the ability or know-how to turn this around regardless of time or investment; and their negativity regarding the future is primarily supported by past slumps involving many of this playing squad not being turned around (although with the technicality that that was usually due to us sacking whoever was in charge), as well as the current on-the-field performances.

Both, in my opinion, are completely respectable positions to have.

Meanwhile, there's another population group that would say they wouldn't switch sides based on one-or-two performances, but they would; continuously. 

Both camps are acting under assumptions. Neither know what's going to happen. I don't much like members of the #Out camp trying to drag everyone over to their side by demanding analysis as to why Cocu is the right man - knowing that in this half a season such a task is not possible; nor do I like members of the #In camp telling people who want him gone that they should shut the duck up and take their negativity elsewhere. The engagement of Cocu In/Cocu Out has lacked actual debate since it first started, when all argument was expended because both camps settled on "Wait and see, I'll be right." - so I think everyone would be better off if they just stopped engaging people on the other side until something new can be brought to the table; this going round in circles is tedious as hell.

Obviously, I would prefer it if everyone's brain worked like mine did and you were all capable of just humming absent mindedly through all the turgid football, sincerely confident it will turn around. But I do not harbour any discontent towards those who can't or won't. We're all different.

Excellent post, pretty well sums it all up.

1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I’m Cocu in. He’s repeatedly said how he wants our teams to play but it’s obvious most of them aren’t good enough to suit his style of play. He had no time in summer to change the team so let’s judge him after the next 2 transfer windows

Yeah why on earth should he pander to the players until he can sign more? Show 'em what matters and that's doing the Hokey Cocu!

On 27/12/2019 at 14:26, Jourdan said:

I just think the players are not enjoying playing under Cocu, and when you are not enjoying your football, that is when you are prone to making more and more mistakes or playing ‘in your shell’.

Cocu’s tactics, team selections and philosophy are at odds with this set of players.

The difference in these players would be night and day with a managerial change.

They are professionals paid handsomely for what they do. Players like Lawrence who put in minimal effort and amblecaround the pitch are the problem. Cocu's only failing here is that he keeps giving them chances. 

Keep Cocu. He shouldn't be blamed for the failings of players who can't be bothered. Player power should not exist. We as paying fans, the management team and the board are entitled to expect 100% from every player every game. 

23 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

They are professionals paid handsomely for what they do. Players like Lawrence who put in minimal effort and amblecaround the pitch are the problem. Cocu's only failing here is that he keeps giving them chances. 

It’s actually crossed my mind Cocu has been instructed to keep playing Lawrence, it would be far more difficult to shift him in January if he was in the reserves. That could be a load of nonsense of course, there may be no plans at all to move him on which then begs the question of how he keeps his place in the team. ?

1 hour ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Keep Cocu. He shouldn't be blamed for the failings of players who can't be bothered.

What makes you think they can't be bothered? The celebrations for the equaliser against Wigan, the post match interviews and posts on social media suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Keep Cocu. He shouldn't be blamed for the failings of players who can't be bothered. Player power should not exist. We as paying fans, the management team and the board are entitled to expect 100% from every player every game. 

Interesting post. You allude to what seems a motivational issue. 

Is a person isn't self motivated whose responsibility would you say it was then to motivate that individual to get them to an acceptable level?

Cocu was given a hand where the best cards had been taken away and he had little time to replace them. 

he then lost his creative player in Huddlestone and the person that brought the ball out from the back in RK, he then had further issues with injuries to the defence.

i think people should judge him next season when he has recruited and it’s his team 

Archived