v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I can almost hear the Cocu-out brigade sighing in disappointment that we've scored

If you think that scoring a last minute equaliser against the league's bottom side which is the only goal you've scored in 6 odd consecutive away games is acceptable then there is some serious misalignment of acceptable expectations from our manager 

21 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Because they’re our best forwards and they link up the best, as evident in that Boro home game and after the forest game Cocu just suddenly stopped playing them both together. Seems bizarre to not even try them together again since the forest game. It also gets Lawrence into the game more as it means he plays more centrally. Martin works best with people up and close to him like Bryson at his best used to and Marriott plays best in a front 2.  Playing Martin like this is useless, he’s not a magician and can’t create everything up front himself. 

What's wrong with having no-one who can win the ball in the air and Marriott as a wideman?! ?

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You'd also enjoy this season more if you just joined me in having faith ? 

#CocuIn

I've been really trying. I desperately try and convince myself that this will lead to great things, then I watch us play again and all positivity quickly disappears.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Weird statement to make if you actually thought that. Because Norwich fans couldn't see it happening for Farke either. Their forum was full of people wanting rid of him because of the turgid football in the first season. The VAST majority.

If you think that; you have to just cope with this season ? 

What getting relegated? ?Farke didn’t manage that. 

If things don't improve majorly we could look back on that as an absolutely critical goal, don't think we're in a position to sniff at it. Looking down moreso than up on these performances. Pinning a lot of hope on Rooney that he can offer something, well, anything actually.

Archived