v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really understand all the people who, after being told that the club will support Cocu through January as they feel he's had too much go against him, now think his time is up because he's lost another game before January?

You can want him gone, you can think he should be gone - that's your prerogative, but suggesting this result is going to change minds in the powers that be is misplaced imo. 

I'm still behind Cocu. Not because I've seen things you folks haven't; just because I think given actual real time (not half a season) he can change things for the better and I also believe we're desperate for some stability. Even if we have to be patient and survive a spell of turgid football.
I'm not going to sit and debate and try and convince the #CocuOut brigade that they're wrong; two reasons why. I doubt I can, and I also highly doubt it matters what any of us think.
At the end of the day whatever the reasons behind me thinking this is all going to turn out are irrelevant. It just means I get far less upset about all of these performances ? 

Meanwhile 4 minutes added on. Wigan camped back. Holmes about to chuck a long throw in. 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Lampard used him sparingly and selectively too but he was used and became a key part of a play off final side 

He won’t get any fitter or sharper sat on his jax on the bench will he 

He used him exactly as Cocu does

We can’t carry an unfit player 

Just now, jimbo jones said:

It’s far from the only problem, but I’ve been saying it for a couple of weeks now, we will never win a game with Davies & Forsyth at centre half ?‍♂️ Awful 

Yes but conceding some goals is normal. Not scoring any is not.

23 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

If Marriott doesn't score, will people finally accept he is not the messiah?

More to the point if WE can’t score against Reading and Wigan, let alone zero points, will other people start to accept we are in a relegation scrap, in which for the Cocu has been unlucky comments, maybe some will start to see he is not the  messiah either?

Archived