v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

Bogle, Lowe, Bird and Knight all in the 11. At FT we could see over the half the XI being academy products. Exciting, imo. 

It's only taken 4 and a half months, an enforced couple of changes and injuries to finally see them getting their chance despite us being poo for ages. Well in Cocu. 

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

On the “As It Stands” table, we’ve just been leap frogged by Boro. ☹️ Careless

And Charlton... 

Luton and Stoke also both winning below us. We're only above Reading because we technically have a point against Wigan atm and they have 2 games in hand.

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

10 yellows for Lawrence is actually pretty impressive. I have no idea how someone who is too nesh to make a proper challenge has managed to get booked so many times.

He usually gets them by kicking a player in the back of his legs when he loses the ball all the time - not usuaaly trying to make challenges.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Shambolic 45 mins, can’t continue to let them skin us down the flanks

WTF has happened to Bogle, they’ve had him on toast and he looks like he couldn’t care less ?‍♂️

Watching him over the weeks; his moments of frustration with Davies at the back and not getting the ball played infront of him further up the field are increasing every week.

Simply put; I think he's missing both Keogh and Wilson and getting more and more antsy the longer he's without them.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are we really trying to play football out from the back with Forsyth and Davies as our centre backs? Words fail me.

Could try a different tactic, booting it out from the back, when there's a ball in the air Martin is (mostly) winning it. 

39 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

20 minutes in. Our play is at best inchoate. We allow teams into our territory when we have won possession and give the opposition the ascendency without them having to fight for it. In my book this is fundamentally incorrect but it keeps recurring. 

Let me guess. You got a thesaurus for Christmas.

Not sure about the decision to bring on Bird. That has limited our options.

Would have preferred sibley and marriott on for bielik and martin. 

We need a win Phillip, not a draw.

Archived