v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

Does he? He's given the ball away multiple times this game. 

Through trying to make things happen. Not through Forsyth esq. shoddy passing. 

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The danger there is that Wisdom is so poor in the air that you can almost guarantee he'd be responsible for us conceding from a corner, and we give lot of them away.

Maybe, although all it takes is one Suicidle Fozzy pass and we’re one down anyway.

dont get me wrong I have a lot of time for Fozzy but he’s just come back from several serious knee injuries in a row and I imagine he needs a game or two out.

Waghorn looks to break; Derby numbers charge pass him. He looks up! He plays it back to Hamer.

But yeah; its our blueprint that's the problem ?

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Cocu gets cut a lot of slack, but the worst attack in the league (without their top scorer) are creating chances against us with ease and our attack, which includes players who've scored regularly at this level previously, have managed to create a single chance which was a soft header from a set piece. This has been a common theme all season .... sure, we've had many injuries and the off-field issues, but surely we should still be better than this. We've gone backwards this season and there's very little progress being made, but we're supposed to believe if Cocu gets a chunk of money to spend on his own players he's suddenly going to turn it all around. I can't see it. 

Absolute agree Sir. This isn’t about players. It’s about a flawed system which doesn’t work in the Championship. Wigan  look like a far better and more organised side than us ...yet the table says they are the least proficient side in the entire Division. So QED...what conclusion do we draw?? 

Just now, RamNut said:

Great chance of a break but waggy turned back because again we lacked pace to get in behind. 

Where is mitchell-lawson these days? 

There were 3 players, including both our full-backs, with acres in front of them. Waghorn just needed to be brave. There were multiple passes forward on there. 

Archived