Jack Marriott “ Off the Field Antics”

Arsene Titman

I’ve seen more than one reference on other sites to Jack Marriott’s “off the field antics”. I know there are rumours about lack of effort in training but I’ve not heard of anything else. Certainly there has to be something besides injuries for two successive managers largely to ignore the squad’s only natural goal scorer. Does anyone know more about these alleged antics and, if they can enlighten us, will it get past the mods?

I can see things culminating in Marriott being shipped out . If so , it’s like the man who threw a boomerang at a ghost - it came back to haunt him

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I’ve seen more than one reference to Jack Marriott’s off the field antics”.

"There are rumours about lack of effort in training but I’ve not heard of anything else."

So what other references have you seen? You're clearly talking absolute drivel.

There was the story about him playing golf whilst injured, but on the physio’s agreement, but Lampard being upset about it, but Marriott being upset about Lampard digging him out for it, but Lampard didn’t say a word to the other injured player playing golf too. But.. not sure its relevant. 

28 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I’ve seen more than one reference on other sites to Jack Marriott’s “off the field antics”.

I assume you mean this article (did you write it George?)

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/100-hes-gone-plenty-of-Derby-county-fans-discuss-jack-marriotts-future-at-pride-park/

Which is essentially a load of quotes from idiots on FB. 

They are just repeating what other idiots have said

goto 10

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

"I’ve seen more than one reference to Jack Marriott’s off the field antics”.

"There are rumours about lack of effort in training but I’ve not heard of anything else."

So what other references have you seen? You're clearly talking absolute drivel.

How do you know it’s drivel? Nothing would surprise me with this squad after crash gate. 

I'm not having any of this 'Marriott doesn't train well' or 'isn't focused'.

The only reason he hasn't played under both Lampard and Cocu is because he's very one dimensional, he can't play as a loan striker - he's no good with back faced to goal to bring others in to play, which both Lampard and Cocu clearly like with Nuge and Martin, both very clever players. It's the same reason that Vydra failed under Mac, he couldn't play the loan striker he needed to have someone around him. All of sudden we played a style and system that suited him under Rowett and bang, he's the leagues top scorer. 

Marriott always looks to play on the shoulder which can be effective if your playing on the counter (worked on occasions with Lampard). In a possession based team, he's very ineffective.

For him to be most effective he needs to be played in a two, with someone he can work around which Coco clearly isn't willing to do.

Sad for us and Jack, but it's not going to work out at Derby for him under Coco, unless he changes our style of play to fit him in.  

5 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I'm not having any of this 'Marriott doesn't train well' or 'isn't focused'.

The only reason he hasn't played under both Lampard and Cocu is because he's very one dimensional, he can't play as a loan striker - he's no good with back faced to goal to bring others in to play, which both Lampard and Cocu clearly like with Nuge and Martin, both very clever players...

Knowing that, why on earth did Lampard sign him then?

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

I said the OP is talking drivel, because he contradicted himself. Says he's read references then says he's not heard anything. Keep up.

I didn’t contradict myself . I said I had seen references to off the field antics on other sites. Mention of antics was all they were. No details were given and I have personally heard no such rumours so my post was asking if anyone could enlighten me. I am not sure how that makes my post drivel. 

Archived