Jack Marriott “ Off the Field Antics”

Arsene Titman

14 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I posted the above earlier this week and just found the below twitter video. Mick McCarthy talking about his weight, poor pre season etc. I suppose my post was factual all along.

Also cocu commenting on his ‘physical state’ today during his post match interview. Obvious there is a discipline issue with the lad which for me is crazy as any average Joe would swap everything to be a professional footballer. For me Marriott is someone we should be looking to shift in the transfer window.

https://mobile.twitter.com/T0mLang/status/1210265623168765952

You will also find a interview around where Jack agrees with everything that was said in that video and how he has changed his life around since.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, belperram9 said:

I posted the above earlier this week and just found the below twitter video. Mick McCarthy talking about his weight, poor pre season etc. I suppose my post was factual all along.

Also cocu commenting on his ‘physical state’ today during his post match interview. Obvious there is a discipline issue with the lad which for me is crazy as any average Joe would swap everything to be a professional footballer. For me Marriott is someone we should be looking to shift in the transfer window.

https://mobile.twitter.com/T0mLang/status/1210265623168765952

Similarly, over 2 months ago:

On 17/10/2019 at 16:39, Dimmu said:

I'm starting to think Championship's physical demands might be too much for Marriott at the moment. Always injured, or if he plays, seems to be knackered after an hour. I guess this is what pissed Lampard of all the time, he seemed disappointed that Marriott doesn't work harder to fulfill his own potential.

I've seen it happen before with Teemu Pukki. Guy couldn't last more than 60 minutes, was lazy trainer and couldn't score for Celtic. With the right guidance he understood the demands of the game and how much working harder helps him... It's not going too badly for him at the moment.

33 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Fact is McCarthy still acknowledged a) regardless of his condition he would score against them and b) him being half fit today was a big improvement of the first half.  He has created/been heavily involved in our last two goals.  Give the lad a break all!

If he is not putting it in and earning fortunes then no , I’m not giving him a break because IF that’s true then he is just another big time Charlie ripping the pee out of our fans and our club 

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

If he is not putting it in and earning fortunes then no , I’m not giving him a break because IF that’s true then he is just another big time Charlie ripping the pee out of our fans and our club 

he did more in 30 minutes than most of our 'senior' pros all game.

29 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

he did more in 30 minutes than most of our 'senior' pros all game.

I also find it suspicious that the current and previous Derby manager didn’t appear to want to play Jack Marriott. Putting style aside simply because Cocus style of play differs from Lampard's it does make you think there may be other reasons why Jack Marriotts first team appearance time is limited. Having written all of the above if Jack Marriott was slotting in goals every week then I am sure both managers would have allowed him a certain amount of leeway.

Jack Marriott is certainly a enigma.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marriott is a natural goal scorer - BUT two of worlds best midfielders who have managed us - Lampard and Cocu have found it nearly impossible to start him in matches and we have to side with them and say something is just not right with him 

Yeah the two best midfielders were on the bench not the pitch. ?

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marriott is a natural goal scorer - BUT two of worlds best midfielders who have managed us - Lampard and Cocu have found it nearly impossible to start him in matches and we have to side with them and say something is just not right with him 

Not necessarily. Both managers played one up front, and jack isn’t really a lone striker. 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not necessarily. Both managers played one up front, and jack isn’t really a lone striker. 

Well I’m sure lampard wasn’t intending to play 442 when he bought jack , I’m sure he thought jack could do a job ,there’s more than one way to play with one up top , I’m sorry but we now have a situation where we have 3 fairly respected managers ,mick Mc, lampard and cocu frustrated enough to openly state that the lad is not prepared to put in what it takes to be a top level player ,it’s clear that he feels that the expectations on work and commitment placed on the players around him don’t apply to him ,,,,,, sorry folks that just never ends well on so many levels and eventually destroys dressing rooms and team togetherness,,,,, 

get rid quick and get someone who wants to make the best of their talents and give the club ,the fans and their team mates the best they have

Archived