Rob Dickie - signed for QPR

Fraser_23

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Can’t be bothered to trawl the thread to find out if hes left sided?

If not, we’ve got Wizzy, Evans, Davies and mike getting te Wierik as right CB options. So he’s not needed there.

Pretty sure that left sided will be priority as I’m not sure Clarke is an option for returning!

17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If not, we’ve got Wizzy, Evans, Davies and mike getting te Wierik as right CB options. So he’s not needed there.

Pretty sure that left sided will be priority as I’m not sure Clarke is an option for returning!

From the little I've seen of him I'm fairly certain he's right-foted

44 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Does it matter? How different a job can it be to play on the left side of centre? 

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does it matter? How different a job can it be to play on the left side of centre? 

It's actually something that lots of top managers talk about. See Ake from Bournemouth being bought by Man City. Often left-footed centre backs are worth more than their actual footballing ability would suggest. 

4 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It seems to matter to a number of managers and seemingly our own, who has played a left and right footer when he can this season. I believe he did the same at PSV.

I’ll leave it up to them as they are vastly more qualified than me!

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It seems to matter to a number of managers and seemingly our own, who has played a left and right footer when he can this season. I believe he did the same at PSV.

I’ll leave it up to them as they are vastly more qualified than me!

That’s fair enough. 

I just wonder whether it’s a matter of quality rather than whether someone is left or right footed. A good enough player wouldn’t have a side. I wouldn’t worry too much whether Todd or Stimac or Wright played on the right or left of two. Seems like a red herring whether somebody is left sided. Are they any good? 

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That’s fair enough. 

I just wonder whether it’s a matter of quality rather than whether someone is left or right footed. A good enough player wouldn’t have a side. I wouldn’t worry too much whether Todd or Stimac or Wright played on the right or left of two. Seems like a red herring whether somebody is left sided. Are they any good? 

John Terry being case in point I guess, a right footed player who played the majority of his career at LCB. 

11 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

John Terry being case in point I guess, a right footed player who played the majority of his career at LCB. 

Then when he was asked to play on the opposite side vs Germany at World Cup he had a nightmare of a game as his positioning was way off due to always being on the left.

Similar happened to Buxton for us in the infamous Ipswich game when Stevie Mc stepped in

54 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Huge difference for me. Look how we play with short goal kicks. A right footer will instantly take their first touch back towards goal, a left footer doesn’t etc.

For me it’s very essential we see a left footer there.

What's your a thoughts on Van Dijk/Tomori/Kompany/Stones/Maguire? All considered Ball playing CBs on the left side. 

1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18618024.oxford-united-boss-in-demand-rob-dickies-price-gone/

Well according to this, the manager said they've had a call from a club talking "in excess of an awful lot of millions"!!!!

I can only surmise Man City are in for him.? 

Seriously though, this article implies a long drawn out bidding war. 

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

Our first and final offer.

3 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

It's actually something that lots of top managers talk about. See Ake from Bournemouth being bought by Man City. Often left-footed centre backs are worth more than their actual footballing ability would suggest. 

£41m to sit behind Laporte then.

Isn't it obvious?

By playing a left footer on the left side, and a right footer on the right, you open up more natural passing angles out of defense?

You can spread the play wide to both flanks and up the middle without adjusting your body position, therefore making the pass easier and quicker.

Playing the opposite side makes a third of available passes much harder, seeing as you'd have to open your body shape out so telegraphing the pass.

Archived