Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Which is why his spot in the team may well be the one that Rooney will take 

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Just thinking what our line up should be for Forest , would probably bring Paterson in for Holmes and keep the rest the same.  Paterson playing against Forest will probably bring a bit extra from him and also I think Paterson offers a lot more goal threat + has better decision making than Holmes in the final third and that isn't just going off yesterday , Paterson seems to be able to play those killer balls.   Holmes provides abit more tenacity but I think it will be a tight game and we will need the extra goal threat/  ability to play the ball in behind for Marriott that Paterson will offer over Holmes.  Would be tempted to play Lowe but it seems Malone is in good form now.

You are both missing the point about why Holmes is playing there.

The 'wide' centre mids in a diamond need to be high energy players, comfortable in wider positions and ideally comfortable filling in at full back. Replacing him with Paterson or Rooney would leave the diamond lop sided and exploitable. Both are a more natural fit at 10 (Or up front with Rooney) and that's were I think you will see either come in.

Boro player ratings out of 10 from Northern Echo:

”2 - Assombalonga: No excuses for missing the early opening, which was Boro’s only clear chance. Lacked support in a ten-man side, but never looked a threat and never laid a glove on the Rams’ defence.”

2 - marvellous! 

4 hours ago, wyschtonram said:

“The packed away end” - not at the game I was at

It was poor for a supposed 'big' club. Their attendances at hone are pretty rubbish too, average less than 20k this year, not that many years ago they struggled to get 15k in.

Ficklest of fickle fans.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It was poor for a supposed 'big' club. Their attendances at hone are pretty rubbish too, average less than 20k this year, not that many years ago they struggled to get 15k in.

Ficklest of fickle fans.

Have they ever filled the Riverside? 

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Which is why his spot in the team may well be the one that Rooney will take 

It is quite possible with team balance in mind that that will be the result but I think we need to step back a bit. Both Bogle and Holmes had chances yesterday that were good chances for the man in possession. They had every right to have a pop. Yes, they could have put Jack in and I suspect he would have buried either or both but then again how many times have we said “shoot on sight believe in yourself, don’t over elaborate .. etc etc ...I think this is the game we all love to watch. 

I am certain that Jacks sense of position will get seen the more he plays and team mates gel. In the end post Lampard, Marriott in a run of games, Martin with some support .. all this takes a few matches to hit football brains. I honestly think have been playing an interrupted pre season. .. maybe V Forrest we might see the real Philip Cocu’s Derby County.

? I’m laughing at myself .. what a difference a home win makes to your whole world outlook and demeanour. I’ve gone from gone from dour mid table finish and build for next season to .. wooaaa we can beat the world. Who’d be a fan 

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Initially when I read "The ref had his red card out before the Pole had finished rolling" I assumed it was probably hyperbole, but then I watched the highlights.

He wasn't flopping and floundering like a fish but I count 13 seconds of rolling on the video before it cuts to the replay, and I don't think that was the end of it!

Just ignore everything else going on and watch him, he looked like a little kid practicing his forward rolls for PE, it's strangely entertaining.?

12 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I was quite surprised how poor and toothless Boro were yesterday. What has happened to change them from promotion hopefuls last season to relegation fodder this season? Are they similar to us in the sense they're having to rebuild after losing the spine of their team?

Might be something to do with money ?apparently even the stewards have been asked to work for free rather than being paid 

Just watching the full 90 back. Yes, I know Boro are a bit of a mess, but...

HOW BLOODY GOOD WE WERE ON SATURDAY!?! Love it, Derby!

Same again against Forest, please ? 

*p.s - been a while since I have enjoyed watching us play football like that!

15 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I was quite surprised how poor and toothless Boro were yesterday. What has happened to change them from promotion hopefuls last season to relegation fodder this season? Are they similar to us in the sense they're having to rebuild after losing the spine of their team?

In terms of change in players...

The sold one winger who left half way through last season on loan for £9m. They also got £4m for Flint. Downing and Obi Mikel left on frees. Besic and Hugil's loans ended.
They spent £2m on a RB, £200k on an AM and signed 1 LB on a free.

54 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In terms of change in players...

The sold one winger who left half way through last season on loan for £9m. They also got £4m for Flint. Downing and Obi Mikel left on frees. Besic and Hugil's loans ended.
They spent £2m on a RB, £200k on an AM and signed 1 LB on a free.

Big fan of George Friend, speaks well. He was out crocked too 

Really enjoyed this match, it felt more like the early few games for movement and attacking intent, but more clinical in terms of shots on target, continue like that but start putting more of them away and I think we'll be in a pretty good place for the rest of the season.

Shinnie is looking very at home in that midfield, as is Bielik, who is looking like a really good acquisition, and I thought Evans actually did really well after replacing him, that ball though the middle was brilliant. Holmes still not quite there but he has been out injured so it might just take a little more time. Lawrence was fantastic through the middle, hopefully this is the beginning of something of a renaissance for him.

Martin and Marriott looked like they could have a great link up with a bit more game time. Waghorn I thought looked a little low on confidence, but I'm not overly concerned at this point. I'm actually wondering if it doesn't help because he's probably aware of just how much our fans love Martin so it could be he's feeling the pressure to perform to get and then keep his place, as it's more likely to be him or Martin and Marriott as him and Martin as a pairing are possibly too similar.

Bogle was back to his best by the end of the match. Hope Malone's injury isn't too bad, but at least we have got some really good backup in Lowe and potentially Fozzy and Buchanan. Davies was a little shaky with that early pass, but he and Clarke, who seemed to have a lot more confidence and performed as well as I've seen, looked pretty solid after that. Roos didn't have much to do but I thought he did what he needed to well.

On the whole some really good things to build on. ?

1 hour ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I was at the game but watching the highlights reminded me of two things:

1. Bielik is mardy but I think he's going to come good

2. Bogle is awesome. Great energy, great first touch and great going forward - he'll be gone in Jan ?

There's no way Bielik would understand the word 'mardy'  and though well used to the word I am struggling to understand how it applies.

It is quite a negative thing to say as he doesn't whine, complain from what I have seen. He did react to the tackle but the way he came back on

and got on with it was wholly admirable. His passing  and tackling were great on Saturday.

Archived