Championship keepers better than Roos?

IslandExile

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Stoke can be rock bottom after 15 games with Butland in goal is beyond me.

Maybe, just maybe, the goalkeeper is not to blame for a team's performance.

PS, just out of interest, am I the only one who remembers the Rams putting five past Arsenal (21/11/72)?

I was there but catch it on Youtube..

My great memory was Bob Wilson explaining "How do you let in five goals?"

Always room for improvement.

Take heart Kelle!

On 27/10/2019 at 23:59, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

I'd take every single Championship keeper ahead of him. Even Lee Camp and the daft lad Sluga at Luton

Roos is terrible.  Absolutely no doubt about that. I'd rather me be in goal than him and I retired from between the sticks at the age of 44 a full 7 years ago. 

I don't sarcastically applaud a catch though. That's just wrong. 

But he's proper crap.

Sluga ?!? Really 

now ur just trolling mate 

On 30/10/2019 at 06:55, Spanish said:

Perfect example of confirmation bias.  You’ve just re watched the game to pick out mistakes.  He could play like a Banks and you would only notice the single mistake.  He’s not great but he is better than your bias suggests.  Try looking for the good parts it might make watching us a little more pleasant?  And what’s this your keeper comment?  He is our keeper 

Nope. Saw them all at the time. I just wasn't 100% on the exact timings of them. I'd left my 'Roos is Crap' notebook at home that day

On 30/10/2019 at 12:50, Andicis said:

And again, you painfully obviously manage to miss the point. Despite his negative points, of which there is a few, the point was to discuss keepers worse than Roos in this league. You, without doing even a tiny amount of research, have decided that there isn't any. I'm calling you clueless, because you jump in to slag off Roos without even considering the question being asked, just as you have done again. 

I'm not the all knowing one, but I don't rush in to make dramatic statements if I don't know what I'm talking about or haven't read the question.

Just the way he deals with crosses. Its embarrasing.

Clearly

34 minutes ago, wombatram said:

With Stoke heading towards relegation, who would fancy a cheeky Jan bid at Butland? Last time he was here he was amazing between the sticks. Still got time on his side and is good enough (maybe not current form) for prem. 

They wanted £25million+ for him in the summer, now he's undoubtedly the worst keeper in the Championship on present form. He makes Roos look like a prime Gigi Buffon. The thought of Butland is much better than what he's producing. He's conceding more than two goals a game this season - 15 goals in 7 appearances. The only time he had a respectable performance was against us, other than that Stoke may as well put a traffic cone in goal. No doubt there will be a side take a chance on him, but he's really bad at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

They wanted £25million+ for him in the summer, now he's undoubtedly the worst keeper in the Championship on present form. He makes Roos look like a prime Gigi Buffon. The thought of Butland is much better than what he's producing. 

Plus I'm not convinced by Given's ability to get more out of a keeper, even Roos looks worse this season than last.

Archived