Hull City (A) Match Thread

Ghost of Clough

I think persisting with Bielik and Shinnie is likely going to keep hamstringing us. Personally would have dropped Lawrence as well. 

Hopefully Dowell fares better after a spell out and good to see Lowe in his favoured position (although I fear he'll find it difficult like Malone has, if Lawrence keeps deciding to mark himself out of the game.)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

ps I bet that the use of eschew sounded clever in your head, but it doesn't fit within the context of your sentence ?

Sometimes I catch myself writing phrases I regularly say aloud (and misuse), and re-word my post. This was not one of those occasions ? 

The point of my post is understood though; its not THAT far off the correct usage ? 

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The issue I have with Dowell is that so far even in his appearances for the U23s he's been outshone by our own players, and he probably wouldn't even stand out in the Everton U23 team we played last week. We thrashed them 4-1!

Now that I've aid that, it's all set for him to have a blinding game today andand grab a couple of goals!

ps I bet that the use of eschew sounded clever in your head, but it doesn't fit within the context of your sentence ?

Whereas your use of the word aid is genius ?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just goes to show how people see things differently, I thought Malone was one of our better players in the last two performances and I cant say I'm a massive fan of his either.

All he did at Charlton was increase the risk of their right-back getting RSI in his shins.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Scored both goals in the 2-1 win against Brighton earlier this afternoon 

Hmmmmm so I’m wondering what dowell has done to get ahead of him as whenever knight has played for the 1st team he’s looked a more useful option and he’s our player.

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Did you have this post typed and ready to go at 1 minute past 2?

I don’t think we have an available line up that does not have a potential for getting tonked. It’s always a possibility.

So in some way it is correct as it could apply to any team we could put out.

I think this line up could give us a chance. We will need to defend well.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sometimes I catch myself writing phrases I regularly say aloud (and misuse), and re-word my post. This was not one of those occasions ? 

The point of my post is understood though; its not THAT far off the correct usage ? 

Aye, I just thought as someone who strikes me as being pretty eloquent you'd appreciate the opportunity to assess your usage of the certain words without becoming defensive and nitpicking over typos as a response.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just goes to show how people see things differently, I thought Malone was one of our better players in the last two performances and I cant say I'm a massive fan of his either.

In the game against Wigan Malone's crossing was so bad I just assumed there was someone in the upper tier of the crowd that he was trying to hit for some reason. Lowe came on and did more in 5 minutes than Malone did the entire game. Lowe shouldn't have been dropped in the first place and I am glad he has finally got his chance to start in his own position.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In the game against Wigan Malone's crossing was so bad I just assumed there was someone in the upper tier of the crowd that he was trying to hit for some reason. Lowe came on and did more in 5 minutes than Malone did the entire game. Lowe shouldn't have been dropped in the first place and I am glad he has finally got his chance to start in his own position.

Malone was often forced to cross from 30-35 yards out because nobody wanted to give him an easy pass in the acres of space behind the full back which would have created a better opportunity. 

His crossing was poor on tuesday and I'm not opposed to Lowe getting some game time but anyone playing left back is going  to have a difficult time if Lawrence persists on not making himself available as an option wide. 

24 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Aye, I just thought as someone who strikes me as being pretty eloquent you'd appreciate the opportunity to assess your usage of the certain words without becoming defensive and nitpicking over typos as a response.

I appreciate that judgement, and it was correct.

Someone else said something about typos and I do not approve! ? 

Games on! We gave the ball in away in our half. Only update so far.

Archived