Hull City (A) Match Thread

Ghost of Clough

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

How come Roos is playing for both teams? 

Almost as if all Championship goalkeepers are flawed.

0-0 at HT. Hull with more opportunities. Derby should have scored at the end. Derby the better team overall. Far better than the last couple of games.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warra good game, both teams having a proper go. Dowell came into the game after appearing not to be involved at all. Agree with some earlier sentiments that Holmes needs to be sharper with his play, same goes for Lowe and Bogle.

Clarke, not the sharpest tool in the shed is he. Just get rid of it mate, he also dwells on the ball for far too long.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Almost as if all Championship goalkeepers are flawed.

0-0 at HT. Hull with the better opportunities. Derby should have scored at the end. Derby the better team overall. Far better than the last couple of games.

I’d have said the Lawrence opportunity and Martin chance at the end have been better than Hull’s chances.

We seem to be playing well and then becoming so frustrating by putting in a shocking cross or making the wrong decision.

Its certainly better than recent games.

Just now, rammieib said:

I’d have said the Lawrence opportunity and Martin chance at the end have been better than Hull’s chances.

We seem to be playing well and then becoming so frustrating by putting in a shocking cross or making the wrong decision.

Its certainly better than recent games.

You're right; I really meant they created more. Edited it. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Need a little bit more quality with the final ball from Holmes and Bogle. 

Better but could go either way. 

Bogle doing such a great job with his penetration runs and then he looks like Flojo has given him crossing lessons!

Pretty decent I would say, not exactly brilliant but pretty decent half. In general we’re playing the possession game well, working it through the thirds with some excellent play by Bielik and the full backs in particular. Need more end product though, we seem to have wasted a few decent opportunities- though it has to be said, hull have defended extremely well. Far better than us, as once again we’ve looked extremely vulnerable. Centre half’s get split far too easy and we’re making an almost unreal number of individual errors and giving the ball away cheaply. Haven’t checked, but our unforced error statistic for the season must be awful.

So we’re still vulnerable as usual and I’d be astounded if we kept a clean sheet, but away from defensive errors we’ve controlled the game in the main. We could win this, but we need some better quality in the final third. Dowell woke up after my earlier criticism, but I feel both wingers are too static and narrow and it’s leaving the full backs /CDMS with no outball. Need to play a bit wider imo, and get the ball into Martin a bit more second half.

Aaaaaargh Tom Lawrence! 

Two moments there are perfect examples of why he is only ever full of promises and threats. 

A clear through ball to Bogle on and he shoots and its blocked. Bogle would have had a far easier chance with just keeper to beat from a bit of an angle

Picks the ball up 16 yards out. Got a Hull defender blocking the goal view. Got a Derby player screaming just a few yards away. Shoots and it's getting blocked all day long!

Always always the fecking same poo. 

He's done well enough in the build up and he's good in that middle third. But in the final third I really really get fed up of him. It's all the bloody time. Week after week. 

Anyway he and the rest of them have played well imo. We still have that suicide instinct as always. We can turn a totally safe situation into a complete mess

Whether it's a Roos spill, a Davies hospital pass (and they say Keogh had a mistake in him!!), Bielik being hopeless in between being class... whatever it is it undermines so much work and it changes the mentality of the game.

Martin has been class. 

Good game.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Definitely an improvement, the only tweak I'd make is moving Holmes across to play off Martin. That's a bit harsh on Dowell who after a slow start has done o.k, but I just feel Martin needs that mobile player buzzing around him. 

Correct Sir. Let’s hope we see Marriott on just playing off CM19 soon. 

Archived