Bulgaria vs England

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

I didn’t watch the game but I’m disgusted to hear about the racist chanting last night and also annoyed that the Bulgaria coach is failing to acknowledge it. It’s such a shame because Bulgaria is a beautiful country with many amazing people.

I can’t agree with people calling for Bulgaria to be banned for future tournaments. It’s not the players’ fault or the majority of the Bulgarian fans fault for the actions of the ultras who don’t otherwise go to Bulgarian home matches as stated before the match and only went there with the sole purpose of causing trouble. That leads to problems down the line, should England be banned for the Nazi salute done by that one idiotic England fan in Prague last Friday or the many England fans doing Nazi salutes last year in the World Cup in moscow? Also the England fans kept signing support for the Queen, whose husband(Prince Philip) is a horrific racist himself, should the queen be responsible for the actions of her dumb thick racist husband? I don’t think it’s fair at all to punish innocent people because of the actions of a small minority, that goes for Bulgarian fans, England fans or anyone else

I think the point is that the Bulgarian fa / government / manager or someone needs to be seen to be giving a poo and taking some sort of action against the minority. 

As long as they do nothing a turn a blind eye, they’re complicit. We have our own issues, but at least the fa etc. are trying to do something about it. You can never stop every idiot, and you shouldn’t be held accountable for every idiot, but you can at least make an effort to try, and put measures in place to lessen the risk.

bulgaria appear to be doing absolutely nothing after several sanctions. They need something more than a smack on the wrist to tell them it’s not okay, and they need to do more. 

And someone needs to be the sacrificial lamb. Some people are saying last night was a sad day for football. I don’t think so. I’m glad it happened. It needed to happen. And now action needs to be taken, and someone needs to be made an example of, and hopefully other countries will take it seriously and it won’t come to this again. Unfortunately for Bulgaria, it looks like they’re it. 

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can't agree with that at all.

I mean, I can’t argue my opinion without remember the exact details of every game in qualifying thus far but a quick check of WhoScored and he is indeed England’s third highest rated player in qualifying. 

In fact, with four goals and three assists, he had more goals and more assists than every other England player combined who doesn’t feature in our front three. 

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

I mean, I can’t argue my opinion without remember the exact details of every game in qualifying thus far but a quick check of WhoScored and he is indeed England’s third highest rated player in qualifying. 

In fact, with four goals and three assists, he had more goals and more assists than every other England player combined who doesn’t feature in our front three. 

He has plenty of goals and assists, without playing well. I know that doesn't make sense, but his all round play isn't great. We're up against rubbish opposition, but I don't think he's been brilliant despite scoring and assisting, which skews WhoScored rankings.

7 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

I didn’t watch the game but I’m disgusted to hear about the racist chanting last night and also annoyed that the Bulgaria coach is failing to acknowledge it. It’s such a shame because Bulgaria is a beautiful country with many amazing people.

I can’t agree with people calling for Bulgaria to be banned for future tournaments. It’s not the players’ fault or the majority of the Bulgarian fans fault for the actions of the ultras who don’t otherwise go to Bulgarian home matches as stated before the match and only went there with the sole purpose of causing trouble. That leads to problems down the line, should England be banned for the Nazi salute done by that one idiotic England fan in Prague last Friday or the many England fans doing Nazi salutes last year in the World Cup in moscow? Also the England fans kept signing support for the Queen, whose husband(Prince Philip) is a horrific racist himself, should the queen be responsible for the actions of her dumb thick racist husband? I don’t think it’s fair at all to punish innocent people because of the actions of a small minority, that goes for Bulgarian fans, England fans or anyone else

This is false equivalence at its absolute peak.

Around a hundred Bulgarians are 'evicted' from a stadium during an international match for racist abuse and giving the Nazi salute, Vs 1 England fan doing Heil Hitler in Prague, which I've not seen?

Many England fans making the facist salute during the WC, must have missed it, can you provide proof?

Singing support for the Queen, and therefore her supposedly racist consort by singing the national anthem, wtf?

Uefa could stop this in a second.

If the 3 stage protocol has to come into play then the match should be awarded 4-0 against the offenders and the country banned for the next Uefa/Fifa competition.

It really is that easy, be racist, don't expect to compete in international competitions.

The governments and FA's of that country could then choose to sort it out or allow the racists to stop their country being represented in competitions.

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Uefa could stop this in a second.

If the 3 stage protocol has to come into play then the match should be awarded 4-0 against the offenders and the country banned for the next Uefa/Fifa competition.

It really is that easy, be racist, don't expect to compete in international competitions.

The governments and FA's of that country could then choose to sort it out or allow the racists to stop their country being represented in competitions.

I would say the best thing to do would be to let the current score line stand plus 3 goals to the opposing team. It would be unfair to the players who have already scored to have those taken away from them. It would also prevent ‘tactical racism’ if they try to end the game when their team is winning.

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

He has plenty of goals and assists, without playing well. I know that doesn't make sense, but his all round play isn't great. We're up against rubbish opposition, but I don't think he's been brilliant despite scoring and assisting, which skews WhoScored rankings.

I personally would prefer someone in my team who produces this kind of stat even if he doesn't play well, than someone who plays terrific stuff that doesn't produce.

So unless you are happy with ANY result as long as the team play beautiful football, then your argument is flawed.

I am not a Barkley fan but I know when someone is playing well and he was one of the best against Bulgaria. (In my opinion)

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I personally would prefer someone in my team who produces this kind of stat even if he doesn't play well, than someone who plays terrific stuff that doesn't produce.

So unless you are happy with ANY result as long as the team play beautiful football, then your argument is flawed.

I am not a Barkley fan but I know when someone is playing well and he was one of the best against Bulgaria. (In my opinion)

He did play well against Bulgaria, but I certainly agree he shouldn't be a first choice player. But there's several players out there you can say that for.

15 hours ago, Andicis said:

According to WhoScored he’s been pick of the midfield even when he hasn’t been creating or scoring. 

He drives the ball forward and creates chances.

7 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Produces that kind of stat, against part time farmers. He doesn't do it in the Premier League, or against good opposition. He lacks intelligence on the final ball. He's fallen behind Mount in the Chelsea pecking order for a reason. 

Archived