Bulgaria vs England

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

image.thumb.png.824fe895632deb29729f66a86d6f947d.png

This one is completely beside the point, but I pumped into it today and found it very interesting. At least it shows the drastic differences of attitudes in Europe.

Is Ireland not part of Europe? 

That aside acceptance is appallingly in some countries. In fact UK 14% don't accept homosexuality,  that is shocking. Its a sad sad world sometimes 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Is Ireland not part of Europe? 

That aside acceptance is appallingly in some countries. In fact UK 14% don't accept homosexuality,  that is shocking. Its a sad sad world sometimes 

For me, shocking is understatement. Hard to believe it's 2019. And yeah, there is multiple countries missing, would've been interesting to see all of them.

14 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

For me, shocking is understatement. Hard to believe it's 2019. And yeah, there is multiple countries missing, would've been interesting to see all of them.

Still. No doubt FIFa take acceptability seriously and have awarded the next world cup to somewhere where all people no matter what their background or sexuality will feel safe and welcome.

I think it was great to slaughter the racists in their own backyard and hand them their biggest ever home defeat. Uefa need to do something which is more than just a petty fine but serious action in order to sort this out. If they banned Bulgaria for the next qualifiers then they'd get their act together quick as would all the other nations which have a serious problem with racists making up a decent proportion of the crowd. You'll always get idiots and we have our fair share in England but we don't have the problem anywhere near to this extent. 

16 hours ago, Andicis said:

Produces that kind of stat, against part time farmers. He doesn't do it in the Premier League, or against good opposition. He lacks intelligence on the final ball. He's fallen behind Mount in the Chelsea pecking order for a reason. 

Hmm maybe fallen behind Mount because he is Lampard's pet project.

Maybe you should give Southgate a call because obviously he doesn't see it that way.

5 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think it was great to slaughter the racists in their own backyard and hand them their biggest ever home defeat. Uefa need to do something which is more than just a petty fine but serious action in order to sort this out. If they banned Bulgaria for the next qualifiers then they'd get their act together quick as would all the other nations which have a serious problem with racists making up a decent proportion of the crowd. You'll always get idiots and we have our fair share in England but we don't have the problem anywhere near to this extent. 

their manager needs to be sacked and no just for being inept or allegedly deaf

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Hmm maybe fallen behind Mount because he is Lampard's pet project.

Maybe you should give Southgate a call because obviously he doesn't see it that way.

I'd trust Lampard over Southgate. What's Southgate done as manager? Got Boro relegated. Fluked a semi final.

44 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd trust Lampard over Southgate. What's Southgate done as manager? Got Boro relegated. Fluked a semi final.

Actually now I think about it,,,,,,you are right.

Lampard took Derby to the championship final, where as Southgate only got an international side  to the World cup Semi-final.

Final over semi, he must be better. I stand corrected

50 minutes ago, Andicis said:

An 82% win rate over 3 years with the U21s. Took England seniors to a World Cup semi.

International management is not the same as club management, its basically all game preparation and a minimal amount of the day-in, day-out stuff. Any record at international level, even youth, is seen as more valuable to football associations than club achievements.

What we saw from Lampard was that he was very good at bringing the team together and creating a great morale - which is important and can be of huge benefit over a club's season. But tactically, did he seem astute? Not in my mind.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

An 82% win rate over 3 years with the U21s. Took England seniors to a World Cup semi.

International management is not the same as club management, its basically all game preparation and a minimal amount of the day-in, day-out stuff. Any record at international level, even youth, is seen as more valuable to football associations than club achievements.

What we saw from Lampard was that he was very good at bringing the team together and creating a great morale - which is important and can be of huge benefit over a club's season. But tactically, did he seem astute? Not in my mind.

82% win rate, against what exactly? The majority of the teams we play are absolute dross. Derby would beat a lot of those national sides. 

Does Southgate seem tactically astute to you? What were his tactics after Croatia figured us out? 

I think what he did at the World Cup is very overrated. Who did he beat that was good on the way? Colombia without their best player, a workmanlike Sweden, Panama and Tunisia. 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Actually now I think about it,,,,,,you are right.

Lampard took Derby to the championship final, where as Southgate only got an international side  to the World cup Semi-final.

Final over semi, he must be better. I stand corrected

Clearly not my point. My point is, Lampard has had a pretty good start to life in club football, Southgate has never done that. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Lampard fluked a semi-final then had an absolute shocker at Wembley…

He still had a good season. Got us a win at Old Trafford, Saint Mary's and a great performance at Stamford Bridge. The only thing Southgate has done in club football is get a team relegated.

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He still had a good season. Got us a win at Old Trafford, Saint Mary's and a great performance at Stamford Bridge. The only thing Southgate has done in club football is get a team relegated.

And as had already been stated, club and international management are completely different 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Clearly not my point. My point is, Lampard has had a pretty good start to life in club football, Southgate has never done that. 

Not what you said though was it?

Archived