Bulgaria vs England

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southgate defended his decision to go 4231 because he believed we needed “more defensive solidity” after Kosovo. Now, without even going into the fact that we were playing the pissing Czech Republic so shouldn’t need to worry about defending, that says a great deal about southgates lack of managerial prowess. I know Gareth, instead of, you know, dropping the defence that was so incapable it couldn’t even keep Kosovo out, let’s try the same defence again but waste players trying to protect the useless mugs! Utterly ridiculous.

Now, I know the bloke has done a brilliant job so far so I ain’t calling him for the sack, but Christ with some of his decisions you do wonder how much was fluke/ down to pure talent at his disposal. He hasn’t suddenly become a genius since his time at boro. Supposedly Mings is starting tonight as well in a 3 at the back... may be biased because I think mings is an utter bamford, but why not tomori?! Surely he’s got to be the better player? FWIW I don’t think even with Paul Jewell in charge we can possibly lose tonight ffs, but I’d much rather see us play our actual best team for once- in an actual 433 that gets the best out of our front three!

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Because we can’t defend set-pieces and Tomori isn’t any good in the air 

In fairness, that’s about the first set piece I’ve seen england concede in quite a while. It was poor, but england don’t have long term issues with them like Derby do imo. We struggle more with distributing the ball, which is where tomoris strengths lie.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

In fairness, that’s about the first set piece I’ve seen england concede in quite a while. It was poor, but england don’t have long term issues with them like Derby do imo. We struggle more with distributing the ball, which is where tomoris strengths lie.

34% of our goals, over a time frame I don’t remember but was fairly significant, have been conceded from set-pieces 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Southgate defended his decision to go 4231 because he believed we needed “more defensive solidity” after Kosovo. Now, without even going into the fact that we were playing the pissing Czech Republic so shouldn’t need to worry about defending, that says a great deal about southgates lack of managerial prowess. I know Gareth, instead of, you know, dropping the defence that was so incapable it couldn’t even keep Kosovo out, let’s try the same defence again but waste players trying to protect the useless mugs! Utterly ridiculous.

Now, I know the bloke has done a brilliant job so far so I ain’t calling him for the sack, but Christ with some of his decisions you do wonder how much was fluke/ down to pure talent at his disposal. He hasn’t suddenly become a genius since his time at boro. Supposedly Mings is starting tonight as well in a 3 at the back... may be biased because I think mings is an utter bamford, but why not tomori?! Surely he’s got to be the better player? FWIW I don’t think even with Paul Jewell in charge we can possibly lose tonight ffs, but I’d much rather see us play our actual best team for once- in an actual 433 that gets the best out of our front three!

Mings is merciless in the tackle.

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Supposedly Mings is starting tonight as well in a 3 at the back... may be biased because I think mings is an utter bamford, but why not tomori?! 

Need a trio of relegation strugglers in the back 3? Dare not show up Maguire for the slab-headed carthorse he’s been playing like?

btw I wish you’d come off that fence and tell it like it is.......?

5 hours ago, cannable said:

34% of our goals, over a time frame I don’t remember but was fairly significant, have been conceded from set-pieces 

Surprises me that... but I can certain recall a fair few major ones being from not being able to cope under the press... Tomori woild help with that

Archived