Who has your respect?

DazaDunn

Random thought but everyone has their favourite players etc, but who do you have the upmost respect for that plays for our club? Could be for any reasons, dedication? Work in the community? 

also, if you could spend 30 minutes with any rams player over a coffee, who would it be and what would you ask them? 

i’m still thinking of mine! 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Random thought but everyone has their favourite players etc, but who do you have the upmost respect for that plays for our club? Could be for any reasons, dedication? Work in the community? 

also, if you could spend 30 minutes with any rams player over a coffee, who would it be and what would you ask them? 

Definitely Chris Martin. He is the epitome of professionalism. The way in which he has conducted himself over the last few seasons is exemplary and is a model for all young footballers. His treatment by successive managers was pretty poor given his record for the Club. He deserved the ovation he got from the away end as he trudged back to the bench clearly exhausted after a lively game v Barnsley on Wednesday. What would I ask him? How did you keep your self-belief in the face of being binned? 

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Definitely Chris Martin. He is the epitome of professionalism. The way in which he has conducted himself over the last few seasons is exemplary and is a model for all young footballers. His treatment by successive managers was pretty poor given his record for the Club. He deserved the ovation he got from the away end as he trudged back to the bench clearly exhausted after a lively game v Barnsley on Wednesday. What would I ask him? How did you keep your self-belief in the face of being binned? 

That was a great moment. He even started the bounce a few moments later.

There aren't too many players still around that i feel much affinity with.

chris martin and jack marriott are up there, but it probably says much that my next favourite player is probably jason knight.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Thinking about it, I would say Martin as well. Now Bryson has left, I feel like him and Curtis are two players that just get it. More so Chris, I feel like he’s one of us. Can see why his name pops up when the captaincy was in question. 

2 hours ago, DazaDunn said:

I'd spend 30 minutes with Lawrence and Bennett which would be long enough for about ten tequila slammers and shotgunning a few cans of Frosty Jack

Davies seems like a proper professional to me, have a lot of respect for him and the way he talks about the game. Struggle with respect for a lot of our players tbh, with recent events and events that have gone before. Don’t think I’ve ever felt so disconnected with a squad before- had a lot of respect for Tomori and Mount last season, now both of them are gone. Waghorn always seems a good character to me, and was very brave to talk about his mental health. So I suppose there’s him, and Martin as well whos done immensely well to continue playing with a horrible condition. Everyone else, I don’t know, just don’t feel particulary connected to them.

Considering the amount of times Chris Martin has been messed around by us, to come back as well as retain his clear love for the club is great. Keep going the way he is and it will be the ultimate redemption story for him. 

A coffee with flojo would be good. It'd be interesting to see what he makes playing under Cocu after his stint at PSV. 

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Now, I’d want to spend half an hour with Bennett, Lawrence and Keogh. I’d want to know how they feel about the incident and whether they’re going to learn from it.

What a bizarre thing to want! Genuinely can't see the appeal unless you want to use the opportunity as a means of reversing the typical hierachy of social validation. "Do tell me Keogh...why should I give you a second chance". In which case not something I could do without feeling very uncomfortable, quite morbid in my opinion.

Personally, I've never had the slightest interest to meet any player. They work for the club I support, beyond that I don't know them from Adam nor do I wish to.

9 hours ago, DazaDunn said:

The last question is easy.

It would be Jozefzoon.

I'd like to meet with him here in Orlando at 3 pm on Saturday 19th October.

Enough of the Florian bashing for one day?

No?

Okay then.

I'm trained in all sorts of stuff around persuasion, hypnotherapy mentalism blah, blah, blah.

There's very few people who do this stuff that when I watch them I cannot tell you what they're doing.

Richard Bandler and Derren Brown are two exceptions and at the top of the tree.

Or, rather they were.

Move aside Bandler and Brown because neither of you two could spot how on earth FJ is slipping into a Derby shirt every week and getting onto the pitch without somebody noticing. 

Ta-da!

Archived