Ex-Liverpool owner in bid to buy Derby County

admira

See full story below. 

The son of former Liverpool owner George Gillett is in negotiations to buy Derby County.

Foster Gillett is understood to have held talks with Derby owner Mel Morris about a takeover which values the Championship club at around £60million.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7449411/amp/Ex-Liverpool-owner-George-Gilletts-son-Foster-bid-buy-Derby-County.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Papahet said:

DET already dismissed it.

60 million seems like peanuts considering  how much has been pumped into Moor Farm..?

Look at the comments from the article, Liverpool fans don’t seem overly impressed 

Not really. A club who don't own their stadium and have significant year on year losses. Moor Farm is the jewel in the crown of course.

I remember when the Daily Mail ran the story about Paul Clement potentially becoming our new manager, we all dismissed it as a crazy rumour.

Daily Mail dont get everything wrong, I also wouldn't believe a word the Derby Telegraph say, simply because there is no way Mel would tell Steve Nicholson that we have held talks before there is anything significant to report.

Can't see any suggestion Morris wants rid of the club - Interviews with Talksport all suggested he was as committed to the club as ever

However, having bought the ground he'd stay part of the club whatever happens - I like the fact that it safeguards the club a little from any future dodgy owners cos they'll still have Morris around as a fan looking after the best interests

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Didn’t MM allegedly buy us for around £50 million? I’m not sure how much he’s invested but you’d have to take off £80 million for the stadium, surely?

He might keep the stadium, which is fine because no ill ever came of 2 different people owning different assets of a football club.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Didn’t MM allegedly buy us for around £50 million? I’m not sure how much he’s invested but you’d have to take off £80 million for the stadium, surely?

When Mel first mentioned wanting investment he stressed he was looking for someone to share the load.So £60 million for 49% sounds about right

Archived