Ex-Liverpool owner in bid to buy Derby County

admira

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Didn’t MM allegedly buy us for around £50 million? I’m not sure how much he’s invested but you’d have to take off £80 million for the stadium, surely?

Well it was valued much less then. I'd argue the playing squad has less value now than it did then too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/edge-glory-brink-administration-liverpools-16900099.amp

Unless I’m mistaken, the advice from Liverpool is that this guy couldn’t organise a party in a fans’ park and would rack up £Ms in loans to fund the failure. 

Cant see Mel shaking hands with a chap with that record. 

Gillett & Hicks were absolutely despised & ultimately driven out of Liverpool. They tried to fund the club takeover by saddling it with debt using the club as security, undermined Benitez who was in charge at the time & then fell out with each other.

Basically they tried to copy the Glazer model at Man Utd - purely aimed at extracting massive sums of cash out of the club but significantly less competent. I hope the later rebuttals on this thread are right - any association with Gillett would be a disaster for Derby County.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Gillett & Hicks were absolutely despised & ultimately driven out of Liverpool. They tried to fund the club takeover by saddling it with debt using the club as security, undermined Benitez who was in charge at the time & then fell out with each other.

Basically they tried to copy the Glazer model at Man Utd - purely aimed at extracting massive sums of cash out of the club but significantly less competent. I hope the later rebuttals on this thread are right - any association with Gillett would be a disaster for Derby County.

Read this post everything is spot on and MM would be a fool to be even discussing the matter let alone going in to business with them

and no doubt 'Derby seek to deny rumours that they have received a substantial bid from an un-named overseas for out of favour striker Chris Martin. A source close to the club said ' There has been no interest in Chris Martin who is in the final year of his contact.''

I overheard a man in a pub say that it has the feel of a 'come and get it' fishing expedition that starts by hooking in the media

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Isn’t this chap the actual son of the real decision makers when at Liverpool - so maybe just maybe he might be a much better decision maker ?

He could be our very own version of “fridgey” armed with dads pocket money.

Since he’s a yank I guess we’d have to affectionately refer to him as “ice-boxy”?

?

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If like amican owners they can go away.

I think the American owners did an excellent job.

We haven't really progressed since.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Daily Mail dont get everything wrong, I also wouldn't believe a word the Derby Telegraph say, simply because there is no way Mel would tell Steve Nicholson that we have held talks before there is anything significant to report.

I’d trust Nicho over anyone at the Daily Mail. There’s nothing in this. Mark my words. 

And in the highly unlikely event it happens, I won’t be going whilst those skanks are on the board. Absolute charlatans they are. 

Archived