Haircut, sir?

dog

So. You've just had a trim (short back and sides, thinned out on top) and the barber asks;

Would you like any product on?

I always say no, thinking that I can't wait to get home, shower and get rid of all the short hairs that have either drifted down my neck front and back, or are sitting in my thatch; poised and ready to drift 

However I realize that other people actually do accept the offer of product

Can someone please tell me why? What am I missing?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

A proper barber, who serves those with a sense of style, will invariably have an array of gooey things to slap on ya bonce! 

Poncey barbers do my head in though.

They'll be this year's Vape shops, boarded up next year.

I've used the same barber for the last 20 years mind, and he's inconsistent at the very best. Regardless of what you ask for, he always pulls out the Flat Topper tool while cutting me hair, even with a grade 0 all over.

Last time he was busy though, so I got the Saturday girl who gave me a Brum circa @1920 cut, which I really, really like, came out the barbers ready to take the world on!

Mrs Devil instantly christened me Porky Bleeder, which manages to be both deflating, hurtful and truthful simultaneously.

I go to that real miserable bugger in belper.

used to go to phil 'the award winning barber' in duffield before he retired.

trouble was he liked to tell a few brian clough anecdotes, and the longer the anecdote, the shorter your hair got. He always wanted to apply some product just to stick it back down. 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

I go to that real miserable bugger in belper.

used to go to phil 'the award winning barber' in duffield before he retired.

trouble was he liked to tell a few brian clough anecdotes, and the longer the anecdote, the shorter your hair got. He always wanted to apply some product just to stick it back down. 

That doesn’t narrow it down much! ?

I cut my own hair for 12 years & then discovered Turkish barbers last Christmas on the recommendation of a mate. Did a fantastic job of hair & beard with wet shave & massage etc. 

I alternate it now with cutting my own. 

I did get a nasty nick on my cheek last time I went but hasn’t put me off though there’s something scary about putting your facial features in the hands of a bloke with a bloody sharp knife and almost no English. 

On 24/08/2019 at 10:11, Pastinaak said:

It's all about the Turkish for me these days. £18 gets you a cut, shave, hot towel, back, sac and crack massage... they even burn your ear hair away with a blowtorch. 

Never got that from Gary Birch.

£25 for that package-minus the back sac and crack- round here. The shaves are great....pumice stone your cheeks until they’re baby soft ?

some enterprising Bulgarian lads. Which is v similar to Turkish given that they were all part of the Ottoman Empire once ?

Archived