v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Poor half of football. Far too many individual errors, losing possession constantly. It’s also amazing how our back 4 can still look isolated with us playing two DMs. 

First real test for Cocu. How you going to change that?

It’s cos we have so many players giving it away cheaply and needlessly in bad areas

Decision making has been abysmal with the ball, basically summed up in a nutshell by malones howler at the end 

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think there was actually a lot to like there. But Brizzle very solid and well drilled defensively. Hard for us to break down. 

All our good play undone by a lucky miskick from Palmer for the first goal and howler from Malone for the second. 

This game is probably out of reach now. But nothing to panic about. Plenty of good signs. 

Bielik and Huddlestone in midfield = ZERO MOVEMENT

We miss Bogle terribly - and not because of Lowe who is deputising well - Malone should lose his shirt when Bogle returns.

Waghorn has spent most of the game sprinting back towards his own goal for a touch.

Lawrence has provided nothing. Way too one dimensional cutting in when Malone hardly ever overlaps him.

Bennett has looked better than Zoon. Bennett has had two decent moments in the match, so not saying a great deal.

Weak on the wings. No movement in the middle. Jumbled up at the back.

Should have scored two guilt edged chances. We put those away and it's a different game. As it is, we're suffering from a poor team selection.

I trust Cocu to get it right.

Frustrating half. 

First goal had a couple huge slices of luck but looks preventable. 

Second goal feels like a kick in the teeth. 

But in terms of overall we just seem a bit lacklustre. I can't put my finger on it because when we do go up the gears we have been creative. We created two chances we should have scored for Bennett and Lawrence. 

I think we need a change or two at half time but I'm not sure who exactly.

Maybe Huddlestone off for Mariott ?

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This is ducking awful.

Multiple players look uninterested.

Great look for Malone telling the crowd to duck off for getting frustrated, then gives Bristol a goal.

I haven't seen any players looking disinterested.

That is just the typical response from fans with a game when their team is behind and not much atmosphere.

I have been hearing that for 45 years every time Derby are behind.

I have seen players who look like they aren't good enough however.

Shocking decision making playing hot potato. Is pre season or lack thereof catching up?  Massive boos at half time. Dowell especially poor

Malone mistake flogs the game. Second best in a number of respects. Three changes at half time. Malone, Hudds, Waghorn off. Buchanan, Knight and Marriott on. Worst passing since Khyber Pass. Insipid start. Transition season reinstated. Look two yards slower than Brizzie. Stranglehold of playing out from the back which Brizzie know how to exploit. Could be 3 or 4 this one as we try to salvage something. Pity Lawrence did not score at one down. Surprising lack of ability to win balls from our own corners.

Archived