Jurgen Locadia - Joined Hoffenheim

Heisenberg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Rampage said:

Waghorn needs to take more of the chances to score that he gets otherwise he will be replaced. He needs to score fifteen goals a season

If he's our first choice striker, he definitely will get at least 15. He got close to that last season despite only being used as a striker post-Christmas. Very underrated player in my book.

50 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Imagine if we got rid of anya,  Thorne and martin , my life would be complete ?

Why, i know Anya has hardly featured but poor old Thorne has had horrendous injuries and Martin has served us very well and done nothing wrong and is more than capable of contributing very positively this season

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Why, i know Anya has hardly featured but poor old Thorne has had horrendous injuries and Martin has served us very well and done nothing wrong and is more than capable of contributing very positively this season

no point in keeping highly paid players on the books if they are going to feature.Unfortunately theres no place or sentiment on modern football.

Sure I saw earlier Brighton had advised there had been no contact with us .  They have signed Maupay from Brentford though .  In other breaking news the Evening post have advised Benalouane will not be joining Derby as he is 'real red forever' . Many thanks to them for clearing up we are not signing some bloke who can't get in there team we have never been interested in .

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he's our first choice striker, he definitely will get at least 15. He got close to that last season despite only being used as a striker post-Christmas. Very underrated player in my book.

Locadia compared to Messi and Ronaldo by Brighton fans pre season so it’s interesting.

Got to respect @SimonBHA,he knows more than us.

I had my doubts on Waggy last year but he came good and he looks sharp,he’ll come good,I’ll be happier when Marriott is pushing him mind.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure I saw earlier Brighton had advised there had been no contact with us .  They have signed Maupay from Brentford though .  In other breaking news the Evening post have advised Benalouane will not be joining Derby as he is 'real red forever' . Many thanks to them for clearing up we are not signing some bloke who can't get in there team we have never been interested in .

Yeah our local newspaper who are close to the club reported that we have had no contact from Derby, but that doesn't mean there won't be contact.

It doesn't make sense in terms of - he's very much in line to start on Saturday, he's had a good pre-season, and the talk is Potter is using him in a position/role that suits him. He didn't really fit under Hughton as he didn't have enough about him to lead the line on his own, but as a winger he didn't contribute much defensively. He seems to be at his best playing behind the main striker, picking the ball up in those spaces between midfield and defence and bringing the ball forward. He's also got a good strike on him, just rarely been able to show it for us.

All of that said, he came in for a decent fee and has produced very little. He's basically been an expensive flop but there is renewed hope that perhaps Potter can get the best out of him. If you came in with a £15m bid I think it's possible we'd let him go - but we'd need a replacement, and who knows if he'd want the move, given that he's likely to be starting. 

I'd have thought a more likely scenario is if he doesn't deliver for us between now and January you could well get him then. I'm not sure the timing is right at the moment, but you never know.

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

no point in keeping highly paid players on the books if they are going to feature.Unfortunately theres no place or sentiment on modern football.

I agree about Anya and Thorne but Martin certainly can contribute this season 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GangwayD said:

Joined Hoffenheim on season-long loan.

Guess we we’re either never in for him or couldn’t afford it. Would have quite liked him too.

Onward and upward.

Regard

Gamgway D from the terrace

Hoffenheim is definitely higher up the footballing ladder than we are and arguably higher than Brighton are, so it's a good move for him. Was probably a slightly optimistic move on our part in the first place.

Archived