Squad Numbers

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Okay as a bit of lunchtime fun/boredom I’ll take a swipe at putting my own squad numbers together. Not necessarily what I think they will be, more ‘if I was in charge’ type of thing

1 Kelle Roos

2 Jayden Bogle

3 Craig Forsyth

4 Graham Shinnie

5 Andre Wisdom

6 Richard Keogh

7 Tom Lawrence

8 Tom Huddlestone

9 Chris Martin

10 Martyn Waghorn

11 Florian Jozefzoon

12 Kieran Dowell

13 Scott Carson

14 Jack Marriott

15 Max Lowe

16 Duane Holmes

17 George Evans

18 Scott Malone

19 Max Bird

20 Mason Bennett

21 Jonathan Mitchell

22 Ikechi Anya

33 Curtis Davies

34 George Thorne

Youth/new signings can fill up the rest of the numbers after.

Again, it’s just a punt based on the current first team (minus Butterfield), im sure that’s not what they will be.

How on earth is no-one commenting about the hudd as a number 8.... 

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Waghorn has a history as a no.10 though...

3CBD97C8-9ABC-4CDA-A4CA-7AFC4DDE6283.jpeg

Can't believe there's competition for 33! I mean really... What's the chances of 2 senior players both having a recent record of being 33 for various reasons.. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

How on earth is no-one commenting about the hudd as a number 8.... 

I know I know!  Should have been Holmes but changed it as I didn’t want Huddlestone to maintain 44. Pretty sure he’s 44 because 4+4 =8 anyway?

I'd like a proper shake up and get it looking a bit closer to 1-11 on the day.

Realistically You could argue only Keogh, Waghorn and Lawrence will retain numbers in the first 11. although I've been lenient on Fozzy.

Roos will get 1

Bogle will move to 2

Bielik 4

Clarke 5

7 is reserved

Dowell 8

Knight 15

Shinnie 16

Wisdom 18

Holmes 19

Sibley and Bird to move to early 20s as free

LOL, started typing, got distracted and post redundant by the time it was made. I've resisted the temptation to edit it.

No number 7 suggests a winger will probably be one of the two new signings we should be expecting.

I also think we're likely to see a new goalkeeper based on the fact that Carson has been given number 1 and Roos 21. If Roos was planned to be our first choice this season, surely he'd be given the number 1 shirt. Carson out, new GK in...

30 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

New ones are:

Shinnie at 4
Bielik at 5
Dowell at 8
Clarke at 16

No changes otherwise that I can see, number 7 left vacant...

Jason Knight's gone from 50 to 38 as well

I'd love to see Ramselaar take 7.

If we can count Roos who signed aged 21 but then played in the academy, that's eleven players who've come through the Rams academy who already have squad numbers for the new season:

20 Bennett

21 Roos

25 Lowe

35 Mitchell

37 Bogle

38 Knight

40 Sibley

41 Bird

44 Huddlestone

47 Ravas

48 Buchanan

45 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:
No changes otherwise that I can see, number 7 left vacant...

Have they all pretty much kept last season's numbers?

Unusual approach which I quite like - Always used to think handing a player a number one of his teammate had last season would be a massive hot to their confidence - For example giving Bogle number 2 would be a massive kicking to Wisdom - I would have thought keeping him at 2 says "you prove yourself and there's no reason you can't come back and have the spot"

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Have they all pretty much kept last season's numbers?

DCFC OS: New signings Graeme Shinnie, Kieran Dowell, Matt Clarke and Krystian Bielik have been allocated 4, 8, 16 and 5 respectively following their arrivals during the transfer window.

Otherwise, Derby’s first-team squad members have retained the shirt numbers they were allocated for the 2018/19 campaign.

Number 7 left free... gonna be a marquee signing to come on the wing yet then I suspect. 

Promotions to the first team squad for Knight, Sibley, Ravas and Buchanan then. Impressive at their ages to find a role in the first team, particularly when you consider Sibley and Buchanan were u18s mainly last season. Very impressive going by them. Look forward to seeing them and the new signings.

Archived