Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

As always on this forum people miss the point and / or fail to read an entire post.

Yawn....

I'm missing nothing, pal. My point stands that you can point to this reason or that reason why any manager might fail, and there's an equal amount of evidence why they might not.

As always on this forum, people only care about their own point. Yawn...

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

We need some signings now

I think we need to give Cocu this week in Florida to introduce himself, his staff, learn the players names and assess what we have, what he feels needs. 

Whilst I understand the clock is ticking, we still have plenty of time. Worst thing we could do is drop a boat load of players when he might feel we have one or two in the academy are ready to play a role in the first team this season.

Just now, David said:

I think we need to give Cocu this week in Florida to introduce himself, his staff, learn the players names and assess what we have, what he feels needs. 

Whilst I understand the clock is ticking, we still have plenty of time. Worst thing we could do is drop a boat load of players when he might feel we have one or two in the academy are ready to play a role in the first team this season.

Read that as "learn the players names and asses" and thought I'd missed something interesting about Cocu's style of management ? 

I'd expect to start hearing about offers for players towards the end of next week, although if Cocu's prioritisation of youth has not been understated, could be the best possible timing for those U23s and U18s who have travelled to Florida with the first team.
Cocu might not feel a need to sign many players at all.

Although even factoring in any potential youth promotions, I still think we'd be light at CB - so in my mind that's one position we're certain to strengthen.

14 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

This stat about how he "earned nearly £100m in player trading" at PSV is intriguing. Has anyone looked into it in detail?

Are we to expect some fairly ruthless squad sales?

For comparison, we'd have to sell 100 million Anyas to achieve that...

Archived