Do you want lampard gone?

Archied

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Alpha Why are you making the assumption that Frank just didn't turn up for work?

In my mind, he's been told to sort his poo out and stay away to speed it up so it's not dragging out any longer. 

I would put my wages that this is Mel's idea, to get it done quickly. I think it's quite a cute move too, It puts Chelsea in the spotlight to offer Frank the job, otherwise Frank knows they aren't serious about him, and it also puts Frank in the spotlight.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I expect loyalty to players though. How can he ask the players to give 100% if he isn't. 

How can he hope to gain a great team spirit if he's only part of the team when it suits him. 

If a Premier League side offered us £15m for Bogle tomorrow - We'd accept the bid - Simple equation that the player would want the chance to speak to a club above us etc etc

If Bogle then went to speak to that club, missed a few days of training trying to get a deal, but then turned it down saying he liked the chances at Derby better - Would you drop him? Because there are people on the forum saying they'd sack Lampard for this behaviour...

That's the same scenario for me - This is a massive decision for Lampard to make - If it was Southampton or Everton calling I'd judge it differently - But the sheer volume of pros and cons we've all come up with just on here would make the decision hard for anyone - This is potentially a once in a lifetime thing for him - Could make or break the rest of his career/working life

16 minutes ago, RedSox said:

A lot of us are jumping to the conclusion that it is Frank that is somehow dragging this out.  But for all we know, the comment that Petr Cech made about Frank being one candidate (i.e. there are others) may be true.  I must say I doubt anyone will have the pull that Frank has for them in their position right now, but we simply don't know.  And let's face it if any of us were Frank, we wouldn't want to weaken our position - with current or future employers and their disciples - by saying anything publicly.  He's in a no-win situation there - until he has all the information and a choice to make.  Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't have a choice to make yet.  I fear it is coming fast though......

Again that's all fair enough for last week or the week before. 

What you don't do though is stop doing your job. 

You either force decisions or you carry on as normal. 

Last season was supposed to be a great victory for team spirit and work ethic. The man who was the leader of that is the man that let that very same team go back to work on their own. 

No problem with him leaving. Just a problem with how a leader of men leaves his men on the ground while he does whatever it is he is doing. 

I know it's not exactly the trenches. But in a football sense you want to create a unit that work for each other. The message he has sent out is not one of unity. 

If a player had done this then he'd be getting stick  but a player is responsible for himself. Nobody relies on him. He's just a tool in the shed. For a manager to do it.... pretty piss poor 

27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

have none of you realised that this is Mel's doing? He's put a 48hr time limit on it. Had he not done it, it could've dragged on in the background for the next week.

Frank has done nothing wrong, again. He would've perhaps been dragging out his decision whilst working with Derby, now he's got to make a decision, and so have Chelsea, by tomorrow night.

Apart from - being fully aware of when our pre-season starts and the impact his desire to leave would have on our preparations - going on his holidays for a couple of weeks when these negotiations could (should!) have been taking place. If he has as great a relationship with Chelsea as we're led to believe he could quite easily have had a quiet word to get things moving, but as Mel has stated, things were delayed because he was away....

Chelsea is supposed to be his dream job - could he not have given up a couple of days of his holiday to get things sorted, thereby giving us (his current employers) more time?

We've all put up with the "Frank Lampard's Derby County" cobblers and we all knew we were simply a stepping stone - but this saga just confirms what's been happening - it is, and always has been about Frank first and foremost - "I love it here" and "I've got a 3 year contract and intend to see it through" are nothing more than words to get buy-in from the mugs who buy the tickets - and his actions (or more specifically his inaction) when he could have helped us out tell you everything you need to know....

I really hope that nothing goes wrong and that he does get the Chelsea job - because I'm not sure I could get behind him if by some miracle he is still our manager when the season starts....

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Last season was supposed to be a great victory for team spirit and work ethic. The man who was the leader of that is the man that let that very same team go back to work on their own. 

No problem with him leaving. Just a problem with how a leader of men leaves his men on the ground while he does whatever it is he is doing. 

I know it's not exactly the trenches. But in a football sense you want to create a unit that work for each other. The message he has sent out is not one of unity. 

If a player had done this then he'd be getting stick  but a player is responsible for himself. Nobody relies on him. He's just a tool in the shed. For a manager to do it.... pretty piss poor 

If he didn’t just turn up I’m sure he’d be fined etc

i would imagine this is Mel’s decision to speed the process up and give Chelsea a kick in the balls to speed their crap up

14 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Heard we might be in for Messi as player manager 

Ridiculous.

Surely being a player/manager would be even more challenging than just being a manager when you don't speak the language. He should stay in his lane.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Alpha Why are you making the assumption that Frank just didn't turn up for work?

In my mind, he's been told to sort his poo out and stay away to speed it up so it's not dragging out any longer. 

I would put my wages that this is Mel's idea, to get it done quickly. I think it's quite a cute move too, It puts Chelsea in the spotlight to offer Frank the job, otherwise Frank knows they aren't serious about him, and it also puts Frank in the spotlight.

I suppose it's possible but again I'm thinking purely from a player perspective. Frank should be here. Otherwise the first time he starts talking about togetherness and working harder etc... I'm walking out the room and nudging Jack Marriott saying "Where was he on that day we were doing laps?" 

Maybe I'm trapped in a chain of thought but I just know if it was me in his shoes that I would insist on being with the players while I'm manager until the second I'm not. I believe everyone in football recognises an opportunity when they see one. This just smells of abandonment.

I'd have pulled down Stamford Bridge to get in before today if the alternative was potentially managing a team that started pre season without me.

Its only a days work but it's that very noticable crack in team spirit.

Maybe the players are more relaxed than that. Maybe the next time he asked for another 10% from them they'll forget that he was trying on blue tracksuits

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That may be true - unless it's the club that have said "We know you want to come in and take Day One of pre-season, as the committed professional that you are, but under the circumstances, we think you should stay away until your future is sorted out."

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If a Premier League side offered us £15m for Bogle tomorrow - We'd accept the bid - Simple equation that the player would want the chance to speak to a club above us etc etc

If Bogle then went to speak to that club, missed a few days of training trying to get a deal, but then turned it down saying he liked the chances at Derby better - Would you drop him? Because there are people on the forum saying they'd sack Lampard for this behaviour...

That's the same scenario for me - This is a massive decision for Lampard to make - If it was Southampton or Everton calling I'd judge it differently - But the sheer volume of pros and cons we've all come up with just on here would make the decision hard for anyone - This is potentially a once in a lifetime thing for him - Could make or break the rest of his career/working life

I think the difference is if we were offered £15m for Bogle, we would accept it as the manager would be able to slot someone else in and decide how to utilise what he has, we have cover, and the manager can go get another player if he wants. With Lampard he is the manager, he is the one who will be working with the backroom to identify targets, he’ll be strategising and deciding the way the team is set up, he’s the person that Bogle is looking to.. I have absolutely no problem with Frank going, and I’d wish him well, but he needs to make his move so as not to destabilise the whole dressing room. 

Frank turning up for training would have created even more of a show than is really necessary.

It has already toppled Cirque du Soleil as the best circus in town.

So the club were right to create a degree of separation, so this can be finalised as quickly as possible and the players can get used to life without Frank.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not surprised however, he's hardly likely to tell the press how excited he is about a job that doesn't exist yet and, even if it did, he's not been approached for. 

Even if he was to be genuinely interested I'm sure he'd be playing it cool firstly so that he doesn't look a fool if it never happens and secondly to put him in a better position for negotiating.

Apparently, he doesn't get excited "period" {I don't like that Americanism}. One of his really great strengths if his very phlegmatic character that sees him keep a cool head when all around are losing theirs. Under pressure he is ice cool apparently. So, I take your point @Tamworthram but I suspect he is genuinely lukewarm especially having heard that most of Derby's star players were loans from Chelsea, and there's not much money in the coffers to spend on new blood. It all relates to the fact that his time at Fenerbache was characterised by a similar context and set of circumstances. So MM has a real sales job to do here. 

53 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Apart from - being fully aware of when our pre-season starts and the impact his desire to leave would have on our preparations - going on his holidays for a couple of weeks when these negotiations could (should!) have been taking place. If he has as great a relationship with Chelsea as we're led to believe he could quite easily have had a quiet word to get things moving, but as Mel has stated, things were delayed because he was away....

Chelsea is supposed to be his dream job - could he not have given up a couple of days of his holiday to get things sorted, thereby giving us (his current employers) more time?

We've all put up with the "Frank Lampard's Derby County" cobblers and we all knew we were simply a stepping stone - but this saga just confirms what's been happening - it is, and always has been about Frank first and foremost - "I love it here" and "I've got a 3 year contract and intend to see it through" are nothing more than words to get buy-in from the mugs who buy the tickets - and his actions (or more specifically his inaction) when he could have helped us out tell you everything you need to know....

I really hope that nothing goes wrong and that he does get the Chelsea job - because I'm not sure I could get behind him if by some miracle he is still our manager when the season starts....

Yep , watching this ALL unfold from just before the play offs I want him gone ( though finances may not allow us to do what I think is right for Derby) 

i will still be a Derby fan , still watching us ,still behind Derby but my days for being behind lampard are gone , just like many couldn’t get behind rowett but we’re still behind Derby ,

if by any chance Chelsea don’t give him what he wants and he decides Derby is his club again? I will just be counting the days till he is gone ,

lampard lampard bounce on your own

At the moment it is not just his own position that he is messing about with, he and his prospective new employers are screwing the entire company of DCFC about. Ideally, I would think that Mel must feel like telling him to P of to Chelsea or wherever. problem is that we would lose a decent sized fee and would end up having to pay him off. In that respect he is holding Derby to ransom. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

i would imagine this is Mel’s decision to speed the process up and give Chelsea a kick in the balls to speed their crap up

Agreed - Gonna be sorted much quicker if that's all he had to do - First day back at work he'd have been working 8 til 8 and then having to sort out the Chelsea negotiations after that so could have dragged on for days - The statement said he's been given today and tomorrow to get it sorted right? So a clear deadline for it too

1 hour ago, muttley72 said:

I think the difference is if we were offered £15m for Bogle, we would accept it as the manager would be able to slot someone else in and decide how to utilise what he has, we have cover, and the manager can go get another player if he wants. With Lampard he is the manager, he is the one who will be working with the backroom to identify targets, he’ll be strategising and deciding the way the team is set up, he’s the person that Bogle is looking to.. I have absolutely no problem with Frank going, and I’d wish him well, but he needs to make his move so as not to destabilise the whole dressing room. 

But then - That's the point of having a CEO/Chairman in place with a vision for the club

Manager makes sure that if you lose a player there's a backup/replacement in the style/mold that you want

If the manager leaves the CEO/Chairman makes sure they bring in a manager in the style you want

Also - Everyone's worried about not starting the season in the right way but would rather get it sorted now and take a little more time bringing someone else in when all the players are doing is running laps and checking for injuries - Better that and making sure we know who's in place for the season than rushing and having to replace someone in November

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I think it's a bit different for a player. I think as a manager you're constantly asking for more and pushing others. 

Maybe I'm being a bit grumpy. Was fine with it all until the no show

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think it's a bit different for a player. I think as a manager you're constantly asking for more and pushing others. 

Maybe I'm being a bit grumpy. Was fine with it all until the no show

I'm trying to retain a positive attitude towards the whole thing - I have faith after the appointment of Lampard that Morris now knows what he's looking for in a manager (after much trial and error) so he'll get it right again next time

The rest is just ?‍♂️ now - Can't do anything about it so I'm not worrying myself too much about it - And I figure every situation is different so roll with the punches

Plus - New manager might see rejuvenated George Thorne back in contention - We can live in hope

Archived