Do you want lampard gone?

Archied

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced it is Frank that has been disrespectful.  Maybe his silence is the respectful thing to do?  Maybe better for him not to be blurting out public statements?  Yes, his missus could have not posted that holiday video.  Certainly his mates could have best avoided those tweets and instagram cameos.  Maybe Frank has had a word, because the second week has been an awful lot quieter on that score?

I'd have preferred Frank to have cut short his holidays to sort this, as opposed to requesting a holiday extension (if indeed he did request it, as opposed to Mel just offering it?) but it ain't the end of the world.  The players also have a job to do, and I'm convinced there are enough folk at the club who can keep things ticking over for a couple of days.  This wouldn't have been a problem if say Frank had been unwell and needed the few days off.  Pro's shouldn't need the gaffer there to hold their hands, particularly this early in proceedings.

Whilst I'd be happy enough for him to stay, I'm also excited about the links to Cocu.

Whilst I'd be happy enough for him to stay, I do think it would be far more difficult for him now, and I suspect quite a few (fans) would give him a hard time.

Whilst I'd be happy enough for him to stay, I won't lose sleep either way.

Having said all that, whether he stays or goes, I think it's fair to say my respect for him, and my best wishes for his future are not as strong as they were a week ago.  But I'm certainly not bitter/angry/frustrated towards him.  I don't know enough facts for those feelings to kick in!

12 hours ago, Elgin_Ram said:

Some of the games last year were depressing, others were amazing and we did not improve much from the year before. For the passed few years all we have heard from the Sky boys and others is the fact that there is something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at Derby. Last year all that changed and we all got a buzz, forgetting the dire games. the team spirit picked us up again. Even Wembley. We didn't embarrass ourselves and with a bit of luck and probably another 5 minutes, we might have got there. We seemed happy that the foundations had been laid, and year two was going to be a step up and this year with Frankie and Jody was going to be the one. Virtually not going to happen now and the gut wrenching feeling of starting all over again. That's why we are disappointed. I personally, enjoyed the fact that Frank Lampard was our manager, and the side show that came with it. The fact that one of our video's had 2.6m viewers. I genuinely believe he loves Derby and the association he had with the fans. We might get a few favours yet.

If we get someone in, as our great chairman says he will, and they carry on in the same vein, with the same spirit, then who knows. We will all be there. through thick and through thin, whether we lose or we win................. Up the Rams!

Absolutely spot on.

15 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

All this delay is completely at Chelseas door

First Frank (if MELS  deadline is adhered to)will miss 2 days of  fitness preparation

Secondly originally I believe that Frank thought he was applying for the managers job at Chelsea,After reading Cechs interview it seems Frank will be expected to play second fiddle to Cech who seems will have final say on everything.That must have come as a big shock to Frank ,But the £16 mill must be a big factor.

So cut the guy some slack hes 2 days late for training ,He aint killed anybody or anything he aint shagged anybodies wife,all he has done is given serious consideration to the job that we all knew was what he wanted.

Will he stay? probably not but he gave us a better season than most of us expected.Our squad is stronger than before he arrived.And for some on here theres amazing news Martin and Thorne are back in the fold

Finally should he stay or go I aint got a clue.I am not a FIFA manager warrior .I am Derby its literally in my DNA  I was born within 1/2 mile of the BBG Ive been watching since 1949 (sitting on a crush barriers on the pop side dads coat firmly gripped)All I want is the best for the Rams and I am sure Mel Morris feels the same way .So whatever the decision we are in safe hands

I disagree completely with your opinion.

Lampard has had far too long to conclude these negotiations with Chelsea.

If Chelsea were/are dragging there feet he should say I need to treat my present club with respect. If you are having doubts or you have other candidates then that's fine. But if I am not offered the position by say Friday (of last week) then I will rule myself out. I have too much respect for Mel and DCFC to let this matter fester longer.

What a lot of people don't seem to get/understand is its a matter of principle.

The it's only a few days of training rubbish is astounding!

It's the whole planning and atmosphere around the players that's important.

Sorry but Lampard should show some spine and respect.

Mel and DCFC showed tremendous class and respect by giving him the opportunity to talk to Chelsea, obviously he is not made of similar stuff!

12 minutes ago, 61GT said:

Has he gone yet?

Looks like it, but nothing official, I really enjoyed last season, it had a bit of magic about it, but that’s over , best wishes to Frank but I am a ? and that is my focus. New manager, new players and let’s get to the prem 

Not to be petty, but if he has already signed yesterday as stated, and they’re just awaiting their PR machine to film etc...I wonder if we could get our man In place, put out “Frank has left the building to join Chelsea, welcome...” statement and really pee on their fireworks ?

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I disagree completely with your opinion.

Lampard has had far too long to conclude these negotiations with Chelsea.

If Chelsea were/are dragging there feet he should say I need to treat my present club with respect. If you are having doubts or you have other candidates then that's fine. But if I am not offered the position by say Friday (of last week) then I will rule myself out. I have too much respect for Mel and DCFC to let this matter fester longer.

What a lot of people don't seem to get/understand is its a matter of principle.

The it's only a few days of training rubbish is astounding!

It's the whole planning and atmosphere around the players that's important.

Sorry but Lampard should show some spine and respect.

Mel and DCFC showed tremendous class and respect by giving him the opportunity to talk to Chelsea, obviously he is not made of similar stuff!

as I have already said to another poster how do you know what conversations have gone on between Mel and  Frank obvious they have talked but we are all guessing what have been said.If it proved that you are right then and only then will i agree ,but until then i will try and keep neutral

25 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

as I have already said to another poster how do you know what conversations have gone on between Mel and  Frank obvious they have talked but we are all guessing what have been said.If it proved that you are right then and only then will i agree ,but until then i will try and keep neutral

Obviously we are not privy to those conversations.

However, the club have felt necessary to make statements.

So we can understand to a certain extent what the current situation is, if not the circumstances.

So in effect I still stand by my opinion, Lampard is not the individual of moral fibre I thought he was.

5 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Obviously we are not privy to those conversations.

However, the club have felt necessary to make statements.

So we can understand to a certain extent what the current situation is, if not the circumstances.

So in effect I still stand by my opinion, Lampard is not the individual of moral fibre I thought he was.

Strange how club statements can be interpreted,I am reading that Frank has been asked to clarify the situation within 48 hours  and today according to the DET Frank has said he has agreed a 3 year deal with Chelsea.Did you honestly expect him to tell the fans what was happening,no doubt there was discloser clauses in operation.The only thing ha has dont wrong in my opinion is to allow that stupid video to be posted.But weve all done daft things at times

10 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Strange how club statements can be interpreted,I am reading that Frank has been asked to clarify the situation within 48 hours  and today according to the DET Frank has said he has agreed a 3 year deal with Chelsea.Did you honestly expect him to tell the fans what was happening,no doubt there was discloser clauses in operation.The only thing ha has dont wrong in my opinion is to allow that stupid video to be posted.But weve all done daft things at times

we have been offered mount and tomori back on loan if we waive the assistants buyout clause.  a bit of a delay whilst everybody makes their mind up

Fully understand folks' frustrations over the delays but if rumours surrounding Cocu are true and a deal can be concluded swiftly, I'd argue the damage will be minimal and the feel-good factor will be very much still in place. The players will be absolutely buzzing to have a manager of Cocu's standing and experience coming in and all parties will doubtless work hard to ensure as seamless a transition as possible. 

Also worth noting that our much maligned owner has seemingly played an absolute blinder here - £7 mill plus Cocu is beyond my wildest dreams in the aftermath of the Lampard to Chelski saga. Keeping everything crossed it's not just paper-talk. Having maintained good links with Frank and Chelsea and by bringing in Cocu, if true, Mel has opened the door to any number of potential signings and loans so there are surely exciting times ahead after weeks of doom and gloom. 

The King is dead, long live the King.

I don’t understand all the hate for Lampard going to Chelsea. He has no loyalty to us and never would have. He has no connection to us other than we took a chance on him and nothing more. Chelsea is his club so why wouldn’t he go back there when given the chance. It was always going to happen. I envisaged he would be here at least two years mainly because I thought Sarri would get two years at Chelsea. He didn’t and he ran off after a year claiming home sickness. Due to this Lampard going to Chelsea has been brought forward by 12 months. The delay in him going has been the kerfuffle over Sarri’s deal to Juventus has then Lampard’s holiday. Lampard was never going to be with us for the long run and to be hailed as a messiah is short sighted.

12 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I don’t understand all the hate for Lampard going to Chelsea. He has no loyalty to us and never would have. He has no connection to us other than we took a chance on him and nothing more. Chelsea is his club so why wouldn’t he go back there when given the chance. It was always going to happen. I envisaged he would be here at least two years mainly because I thought Sarri would get two years at Chelsea. He didn’t and he ran off after a year claiming home sickness. Due to this Lampard going to Chelsea has been brought forward by 12 months. The delay in him going has been the kerfuffle over Sarri’s deal to Juventus has then Lampard’s holiday. Lampard was never going to be with us for the long run and to be hailed as a messiah is short sighted.

You will find most would accept him going if it had been done with any level of decorum.  That's the issue.  Besides, he hasn't gone yet .  The first indication we had was a black and white Pathe news reel at the cinema back in 1942.  Still here, hopefully not for much longer.

20 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Funnily enough I remember him telling us in the interview after the play off final that Derby were HIS club he had two years contract and was expecting to be manager next season with meeting in place with mel about how to take the club forward ,,, oops maybe I just dreamt it?

he was fully aware of the Chelsea vacancy / link then too

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Funnily enough I remember him telling us in the interview after the play off final that Derby were HIS club he had two years contract and was expecting to be manager next season with meeting in place with mel about how to take the club forward ,,, oops maybe I just dreamt it?

Yes, that’s what’s p’d me off all the way through this saga.

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

And at the time Chelsea had made no approach and Sarri was still there. He didn’t leave until June. Lampard is not going to come out and say he wants to leave and go to Chelsea. He isn’t that stupid. He was saying what he needed to say and nothing else. Everything mentioned were facts. Derby were his club, he had time left on his contract and there was a meeting with Morris.

Archived