Do you want lampard gone?

Archied

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Ellafella said:

Reports in the Dutch press suggest that Cocu is at best lukewarm about Derby and apparently, given his experience at the Turkish Club, he wants to be very careful about his next appointment...

Bugger. Someone must've blabbed about Mel's spy drones.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted to keep Lampard over Cocu earlier this morning before I knew what I know now. If I could change that vote I would and I have just voted for Lampard to go. 

There's a tipping point in trust for every fan. Frank not returning for pre-season was mine.

Any of the rest of us would have to fit interviews for new jobs around our work schedule by taking time owed or postponing holidays. I don’t see why it should be any different in football.

Frank has a workforce that he manages. It is them that I feel for and I would be seething if my boss did this to me. 

He has got an awful lot of trust to rebuild if he doesn't go now - with Mel, players and fans. And we would only be kicking the can down the road until Chelsea came back for him again at a later date.

I've had enough.

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Mel said it best for me on Talksport the other day - Lampard is just a man doing a job - He's been offered the chance to chat with another company about another job - He's yet to decide whether the new job is better or worse than his current one

Shouldn't we take this as rather a compliment? Lampard needs extra time to decide whether Chelsea is the right move or not - His favourite club, with a squad (mostly) who just won the Europa League, stacked full of internationals, where he's a club legend, where he lived for a large portion of his life, who will pay him more money and he can manage in the Premier League and Champions League - And he needs more time to work out whether he wants that or to stay at Derby... I mean... 

Last week I would have given this post a like. 

This week I just don't see how a bloke who's supposed to be a leader is unable to come into work like everyone else. 

If he hasn't decided by the time the lads are back to work then I think he decision isn't them!

If he had a fair amount of honour he would have done everything in his power to end this before today.

Some might say he has and it's one or both of the two clubs that are having issues. In which case the right thing to do is say to Chelsea that he wanted to go but he signed a contract without a gun to his head and if this isn't sorted before Derby players are back then he hopes they understand he will see out his contract. 

If he doesn't want that then resign. 

Everyone is different. But me, I don't feck people about and I don't expect to be fecked about. I put my integrity ahead of money. I don't just blindly follow money. I do not believe he's done everything he could to avoid his lads going back to work while he's sat on his arse.

I think he's behaved like a damsel in distress. 

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think if you're a manager then you're supposed to be a leader of men. You have their back and they do what you ask. You ask for 100% and you lead by example. 

Football is fickle and if I was manager of Championship Chelsea and my beautiful Rams wanted me to manage then at the top end of the PL I'd be gone. 

However, as a person of honour and loyalty I'd not let it run on so long as what are supposed to be my lads going back to work without me. Everyone has had time to go off and relax but today is the day the work starts and today is the day we all muck in. 

So I'd have said to Derby that I am ready to sign but if you can't sort things with Chelsea before the players are back then forget it. Derby will always be my club but there's a way I conduct myself and it's to show that any lads who work for me get 100% from me. 

Yeah I get the point, and it is extremely frustrating that it’s dragged on this long. It’s ******** that it won’t disruot our pre season, we haven’t even got a manager in charge yet alone the one that’s gonna be starting the season! Missing out on valuable time to prepare the squad for the coming season, sort transfers, tactics etc. It’s not good at all and I’m as angry as the next man. I just don’t think we know enough about the situation to want to sack frank. 

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but it's an extremely charitable way of viewing the situation. In my opinion it's far more likely that Lampard is trying to extricate various assurances and a decent length contract out of Chelsea rather than agonizing over whether to leave Derby.

Maybe I'm still trying to maintain my positive outlook on things

George Thorne running the midfield this season for me ? 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Everyone is different. But me, I don't feck people about and I don't expect to be fecked about. I put my integrity ahead of money. I don't just blindly follow money. I do not believe he's done everything he could to avoid his lads going back to work while he's sat on his arse.

He'll have been paid enough across the course of his footballing career that it's not about the money

My suspicion is Chelsea's initial offer came with expectations of a top 6 finish - He's said "with your current squad and no ability to sign players I can't take that" and Chelsea are coming back with another offer

Most managerial job opportunities are simple "better club, more money" options - So easy enough for the candidate to give a simple yes/no - This one isn't - Lampard knows he has a good thing at Derby so is only gonna leave for the right role - And this might not be it

have none of you realised that this is Mel's doing? He's put a 48hr time limit on it. Had he not done it, it could've dragged on in the background for the next week.

Frank has done nothing wrong, again. He would've perhaps been dragging out his decision whilst working with Derby, now he's got to make a decision, and so have Chelsea, by tomorrow night.

Why is everyone saying it’s Frank that should get things moving? I’m as frustrated as the next person in how long it’s taking but it could be Chelsea that’s the issue not Frank and he’s as annoyed with it as the rest of us.

for all we know they are waiting for their BAME candidate to get back off holiday and they can’t announce anything until then

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Maybe I'm still trying to maintain my positive outlook on things

George Thorne running the midfield this season for me ? 

He'll have been paid enough across the course of his footballing career that it's not about the money

My suspicion is Chelsea's initial offer came with expectations of a top 6 finish - He's said "with your current squad and no ability to sign players I can't take that" and Chelsea are coming back with another offer

Most managerial job opportunities are simple "better club, more money" options - So easy enough for the candidate to give a simple yes/no - This one isn't - Lampard knows he has a good thing at Derby so is only gonna leave for the right role - And this might not be it

Then if Frank has as much honour and loyalty and respect as a simple peasant like me, he'd have hammered Chelsea negotiations and made today the day he has to be in Derby to start work. 

By not being at work today he will have done damage to the trust between himself and Derby. Are people at the club going to run through brick walls for him if he's had the day off to drink Vodka with Roman? 

He should have set deadlines. Not because he's a diva but because he is loyal to the players that play for him

Yes we should keep Lampard.

Said this in another thread a couple of weeks back but we're making him the villain even though he's done nothing wrong. We're filling in gaps with negative things since nothing concrete has come out. Don't blame him, it's all Chelsea.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Yes, he must go now.

Chelsea has come calling and his head has been turned.

And what happens if he decided to stay? The Derby players would think his heart isn't in it for the long term, then why should they commit to anything he wants them to do?

Short and sweet but bang on?

32 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Reports in the Dutch press suggest that Cocu is at best lukewarm about Derby and apparently, given his experience at the Turkish Club, he wants to be very careful about his next appointment...

I'm not surprised however, he's hardly likely to tell the press how excited he is about a job that doesn't exist yet and, even if it did, he's not been approached for. 

Even if he was to be genuinely interested I'm sure he'd be playing it cool firstly so that he doesn't look a fool if it never happens and secondly to put him in a better position for negotiating.

36 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but it's an extremely charitable way of viewing the situation. In my opinion it's far more likely that Lampard is trying to extricate various assurances and a decent length contract out of Chelsea rather than agonizing over whether to leave Derby.

A lot of us are jumping to the conclusion that it is Frank that is somehow dragging this out.  But for all we know, the comment that Petr Cech made about Frank being one candidate (i.e. there are others) may be true.  I must say I doubt anyone will have the pull that Frank has for them in their position right now, but we simply don't know.  And let's face it if any of us were Frank, we wouldn't want to weaken our position - with current or future employers and their disciples - by saying anything publicly.  He's in a no-win situation there - until he has all the information and a choice to make.  Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't have a choice to make yet.  I fear it is coming fast though......

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Then if Frank has as much honour and loyalty and respect as a simple peasant like me, he'd have hammered Chelsea negotiations and made today the day he has to be in Derby to start work. 

By not being at work today he will have done damage to the trust between himself and Derby. Are people at the club going to run through brick walls for him if he's had the day off to drink Vodka with Roman? 

He should have set deadlines. Not because he's a diva but because he is loyal to the players that play for him

I've changed jobs a few times and my experience is that it's not as simple as all that - I think keeping everything behind closed doors and not out in public shows a level of respect - And Uncle Mel seemed fine with the way Lampard was conducting it last Wednesday on the radio so that speaks more volumes than anything else to me - His boss is okay with the way he behaves so I'm going to say it's fine too

Players and staff at clubs are pragmatic people these days - They understand the vast majority of the players/managers are not fans - I've had a few line managers I'd 'run through walls' for (whatever my job equivalent is) and I'd never have felt betrayed or personally attacked if they were looking at other jobs

I dunno - I understand it's difficult to take the emotional out of it - But I don't require my players/managers to have the same level of passion for Derby County that I do

3 minutes ago, Shang said:

Yes we should keep Lampard.

Said this in another thread a couple of weeks back but we're making him the villain even though he's done nothing wrong. We're filling in gaps with negative things since nothing concrete has come out. Don't blame him, it's all Chelsea.

I don't see how he's done nothing wrong when he's not at Moor Farm when the players are? 

If its Derby playing about... you signed a contract Frank. You know how they work. If the Chelsea love affair is to carry on then you and Chelsea know what needs to happen. Give them a deadline.

If it's Chelsea playing about. See above. You signed the contract Frank. Give Chelsea a deadline

Forget loyalty to fans and badges. But loyalty to players is vital for a manager. You have to be trustworthy and work with integrity. If nothing is sorted then don't leave your players to go to work without you. You can't ask for 100% if you're not putting in 100%. 

By not being there today shows where his intentions lie. Either he's kind of pathetic and is sat by his phone waiting for the call. Or he's happy to have Derby go to work without him while he gets his move to Chelsea sorted. 

For Chelsea this is ok. He's not showing them any lack of decency or effort. 

For us? The guy is a knobber. Either work as normal until things are finalised or grow some balls and force the deal before today or call it off to be there with the boys. 

Nobody held a gun to his head when he signed that contract. It had a release clause and he signed it. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't see how he's done nothing wrong when he's not at Moor Farm when the players are? 

If its Derby playing about... you signed a contract Frank. You know how they work. If the Chelsea love affair is to carry on then you and Chelsea know what needs to happen. Give them a deadline.

If it's Chelsea playing about. See above. You signed the contract Frank. Give Chelsea a deadline

Forget loyalty to fans and badges. But loyalty to players is vital for a manager. You have to be trustworthy and work with integrity. If nothing is sorted then don't leave your players to go to work without you. You can't ask for 100% if you're not putting in 100%. 

By not being there today shows where his intentions lie. Either he's kind of pathetic and is sat by his phone waiting for the call. Or he's happy to have Derby go to work without him while he gets his move to Chelsea sorted. 

For Chelsea this is ok. He's not showing them any lack of decency or effort. 

For us? The guy is a knobber. Either work as normal until things are finalised or grow some balls and force the deal before today or call it off to be there with the boys. 

Nobody held a gun to his head when he signed that contract. It had a release clause and he signed it. 

As much as I have liked and admired Frank there's a lot of this I agree with.

I expected him to man up on this come pre season yet he's let the team down by not being there.

Thorne and Martin probably don't think so tho,they will probably be wondering if either have another chance to impress a new boss however unlikely.

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've changed jobs a few times and my experience is that it's not as simple as all that - I think keeping everything behind closed doors and not out in public shows a level of respect - And Uncle Mel seemed fine with the way Lampard was conducting it last Wednesday on the radio so that speaks more volumes than anything else to me - His boss is okay with the way he behaves so I'm going to say it's fine too

Players and staff at clubs are pragmatic people these days - They understand the vast majority of the players/managers are not fans - I've had a few line managers I'd 'run through walls' for (whatever my job equivalent is) and I'd never have felt betrayed or personally attacked if they were looking at other jobs

I dunno - I understand it's difficult to take the emotional out of it - But I don't require my players/managers to have the same level of passion for Derby County that I do

I don't expect loyalty to the badge or fans. 

I expect loyalty to players though. How can he ask the players to give 100% if he isn't. 

How can he hope to gain a great team spirit if he's only part of the team when it suits him. 

This isn't something about Derby. It's about a man who's supposed to have a job of leading people and creating a strong work ethic and trust etc that is busy doing what today? 

Mel acting with class is what Lampard could have done today by going to work regardless of where his future lies. 

Archived