Do you want lampard gone?

Archied

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was more than happy for him to stay,especially with Jodie.Think he will become a very good manager and continued to develop and improve at Derby. However his head has been turned if he doesn't go now we will continually have this Sh#t every time a major vacancy emerges.

So Thanks for the season ,Good luck ,no hard feelings but can't help think you've jumped ship to quick.At least Mel gets some compensation out of it,just hope we get paid out on Jodie and any others leaving.Always the possibility of FL  preferring to loan out players to us having had some affiliation with the club.

Present credentials are high, and lots of media attention should  enable Mel to attract a quality Manager to continue the development and infrastructure of the club with hopefully a promotion looming.Rather than the usual tosh that becomes available. Fairness to Mel all his appointments have generally been outside the box and at the time of appointment had some merit.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think it's a bit different for a player. I think as a manager you're constantly asking for more and pushing others. 

Maybe I'm being a bit grumpy. Was fine with it all until the no show

Or maybe it’s the drip drip effect until the straw kind of thing,,, for me it was taking a step back and watching the increasing intensity of the campaign to get Chelsea to give lampard the job from his family and good friends whilst lampard stayed not a single word to any source that tipped it , will be interesting to see if any of those come out and say it’s too soon if things don’t go so well ,

kind of has a vibe of all this Russia allegedly influencing USA election results or brexit , has Roman been russian d?

For me, I think we’ve shown restraint and dignity over this saga but there comes a time when somebody has to remind Frank we’re the mighty Derby County and we won’t be ducked about, so it’s a sorry Frank, you’ve not shown us enough consideration, adios me old china.

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

We got rid of McClaren for less and he actually came out and explicitly said he wanted to stay. I don't blame Frank for wanting to leave, but I can't see how he can return at this point.

You seemed to have forgot no chelsea no £4million

4 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

You seemed to have forgot no chelsea no £4million

It sounds like the Chelsea deal is agreed now, but if they had failed to agree it would also be no £4 mill. Whats your point?

I would rather us not be paying yet another manager compensation, but at this point if he were to stay he'd have to pretty much do everything perfectly to try and avoid the fans turning on him for every little mistake.

5 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

In your opinion, I disagree.

DCFC were gracious enough to grant him permission to talk to Chelsea

Not to drag this out, and as I say, I'm not concerned if it's Chelsea dragging their feet. Lampard has had ample opportunity to let them know a considerate timetable.

Complete lack of respect!

All this delay is completely at Chelseas door

First Frank (if MELS  deadline is adhered to)will miss 2 days of  fitness preparation

Secondly originally I believe that Frank thought he was applying for the managers job at Chelsea,After reading Cechs interview it seems Frank will be expected to play second fiddle to Cech who seems will have final say on everything.That must have come as a big shock to Frank ,But the £16 mill must be a big factor.

So cut the guy some slack hes 2 days late for training ,He aint killed anybody or anything he aint shagged anybodies wife,all he has done is given serious consideration to the job that we all knew was what he wanted.

Will he stay? probably not but he gave us a better season than most of us expected.Our squad is stronger than before he arrived.And for some on here theres amazing news Martin and Thorne are back in the fold

Finally should he stay or go I aint got a clue.I am not a FIFA manager warrior .I am Derby its literally in my DNA  I was born within 1/2 mile of the BBG Ive been watching since 1949 (sitting on a crush barriers on the pop side dads coat firmly gripped)All I want is the best for the Rams and I am sure Mel Morris feels the same way .So whatever the decision we are in safe hands

I personally think it's been a PR disaster from Lampards point of view. Who ever is advising him in that respect has done him no favours at all. I personally wish him no ill but his name is now somewhat tarnished. Thankfully this sorry chapter is now coming to an end. Chelsea themselves are the real culprits for me. Their dilly dallying and total disregard for us in this process is astounding. Mel has done a sterling job keeping his dignity in all of this. His PR team could teach Lampards team a thing or two in the art of public relations. 

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I personally think it's been a PR disaster from Lampards point of view. Who ever is advising him in that respect has done him no favours at all. I personally wish him no ill but his name is now somewhat tarnished. Thankfully this sorry chapter is now coming to an end. Chelsea themselves are the real culprits for me. Their dilly dallying and total disregard for us in this process is astounding. Mel has done a sterling job keeping his dignity in all of this. His PR team could teach Lampards team a thing or two in the art of public relations. 

Totally disagree with this. He’s kept quiet which was the correct thing to do. If it wasn’t for his wife’s instagram Of the should I stay or should I go debacle there would be nothing to moan about.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Totally disagree with this. He’s kept quiet which was the correct thing to do. If it wasn’t for his wife’s instagram Of the should I stay or should I go debacle there would be nothing to moan about.

What do you mean you disagree with me? At this point do I need to tell you that you don't know what you're on about? I actually voted to keep him if the Chelsea talks break down but considering that quite a large proportion want him gone regardless would suggest his name has been somewhat tarnished. I'm not necessarily saying it's all his fault but in my mind there is only Mel that has come out of this with his reputation in tact.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What do you mean you disagree with me? At this point do I need to tell you that you don't know what you're on about? I actually voted to keep him if the Chelsea talks break down but considering that quite a large proportion want him gone regardless would suggest his name has been somewhat tarnished. I'm not necessarily saying it's all his fault but in my mind there is only Mel that has come out of this with his reputation in tact.

I disagree that it’s been a PR disaster from Franks point of view

30 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think Mel has done the right thing throughout all of this. Stayed ahead of the story at most turns, often changing the narrative, transparent as he can be and completely dignified. Could have thrown his toys out the pram, had a go at frank, had a go at Chelsea but he’s not. As for frank, I honestly think he’s dammed no matter what he says. I think for his pr team, telling him to keep quiet through all of this is probably all they could do. Bet they weren’t happy about the should I stay or should I go video mind and they probably aren’t best pleased with the way Chelsea have handled it all.

There’s even lots of Chelsea fans apologising on social media and commending the way Derby have handled it. If lampard had said anything he would have alienated someone. I do however believe this has gone on too long and there is no coming back from it whether you think he’s done much wrong or not. It will just be a merry go round every time Chelsea need a manager, so if it’s not this time it will be next time. 

Not a PR disaster, i genuinely believe this has been a difficult decision for Frank. Let's be realistic who's sees frank being manager of Chelsea in 2 years time? He will sink or swim at Chelsea and he knows it, reputation means nothing in football anymore.

59 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

So cut the guy some slack hes 2 days late for training ,He aint killed anybody or anything he aint shagged anybodies wife,all he has done is given serious consideration to the job that we all knew was what he wanted.

Ahem...

PAY-MAIN-Christine-Lampard.jpg

Some of the games last year were depressing, others were amazing and we did not improve much from the year before. For the passed few years all we have heard from the Sky boys and others is the fact that there is something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at Derby. Last year all that changed and we all got a buzz, forgetting the dire games. the team spirit picked us up again. Even Wembley. We didn't embarrass ourselves and with a bit of luck and probably another 5 minutes, we might have got there. We seemed happy that the foundations had been laid, and year two was going to be a step up and this year with Frankie and Jody was going to be the one. Virtually not going to happen now and the gut wrenching feeling of starting all over again. That's why we are disappointed. I personally, enjoyed the fact that Frank Lampard was our manager, and the side show that came with it. The fact that one of our video's had 2.6m viewers. I genuinely believe he loves Derby and the association he had with the fans. We might get a few favours yet.

If we get someone in, as our great chairman says he will, and they carry on in the same vein, with the same spirit, then who knows. We will all be there. through thick and through thin, whether we lose or we win................. Up the Rams!

15 minutes ago, Elgin_Ram said:

Sky boys and others is the fact that there is something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at Derby.

Never bought this. Since Clough left we've been consistently top 6 and have had two Wembley finals. We're up there consistently. The February thing is a bit weird but I don't think it's anything beyond a coincidence. We're a good team. It's also really exciting going into every season knowing we have a shot at promotion. Half of me doesn't want to go up because fighting for 40 points doesn't seem nearly as exciting, and hoping for that minuscule chance of a cup win seems a bit depressing.

6 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Mel said it best for me on Talksport the other day - Lampard is just a man doing a job - He's been offered the chance to chat with another company about another job - He's yet to decide whether the new job is better or worse than his current one

Shouldn't we take this as rather a compliment? Lampard needs extra time to decide whether Chelsea is the right move or not - His favourite club, with a squad (mostly) who just won the Europa League, stacked full of internationals, where he's a club legend, where he lived for a large portion of his life, who will pay him more money and he can manage in the Premier League and Champions League - And he needs more time to work out whether he wants that or to stay at Derby... I mean... 

Or they haven't even offered to him yet for him to make the difficult decision

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Precious, pathetic, butthurt babies.

Go on then, I'll bite.

I don't think it's precious or pathetic to want your club to be treated with the modicum of respect and plain common courtesy it deserves. Derby County gave Frank Lampard a fast track into a very competitive and highly regarded division of football to which he was not entitled. Far better managers have had to start lower than he did. And he was handsomely paid for doing so.

It was a massive gamble by the club, and a great show of faith by the Chairman who has, by the way, conducted himself in exemplary fashion. He's been hung out to face the media alone in all this amidst total silence from Chelsea and FL (apart from that charming video of him on his holidays).

Throughout this saga this club has been treated as totally insignificant by all parties, and most of the media. I'm amazed that Ian Wright and Simon Jordan have stood up for us, but they have and fair play to them. The attitude betrayed by the media and Chelsea has been one of total arrogance, and their attitude of anyone outside the Prem not being worth considering has been laid bare.

And anyway, to be butthurt you have to get ducked in the arse, but it seems you're the one willing to bend over for Chelsea.

Archived