Do you want lampard gone?

Archied

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

And at the time Chelsea had made no approach and Sarri was still there. He didn’t leave until June. Lampard is not going to come out and say he wants to leave and go to Chelsea. He isn’t that stupid. He was saying what he needed to say and nothing else. Everything mentioned were facts. Derby were his club, he had time left on his contract and there was a meeting with Morris.

He also said he wanted to stay and progress with us, in the same interview.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaffyRam said:

But again there was no approach from Chelsea. Do some Derby fans really believe that a choice between us and Chelsea then Lampard would choose us? Chelsea, a club where he played 13 years, won numerous trophies and in his home city or Derby, a city he only probably visited when playing for Chelsea, a club he never played for, where none of his family of friends live and has no significance for him at all.

8 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Let’s be honest, we’ve all said stuff we didn’t mean to get what we want haven’t we boys and girls so I’m not fussed about what Frank has said. As we’ve learned doesn’t count for much  

He will however be measured by his actions, we did ok last season and that for us Rams was enough. Good luck appeasing the Chelsea lot with an overall “ok” season, regardless of you past history just ask Jose Mourinho. 

If he thinks he’s anywhere near ready to take on your Klopps, Guardiolas and Pochettino’s after a year with us he’s deluded. Maybe some of us thought an intelligent man may decide he’s got years to manage Chelsea and hone his craft with us before deciding he’s ready for the big time. I think he’ll regret his decision to join Chelsea this early in his managerial career. 

100% agree with this (saves me typing this ?) took me while to deliberate this and it's perfectly understandable why Chelsea have approached and MM gave permission.  It was previously discussed and mitigated for in the contract in terms of compensation.  But as soon as FL made the decision he wanted to see what was on the table (and probably felt entitled if this was discussed as the true exception) my feelings towards FL have waned.  He could have said "no I'm not ready Derby gave me the chance and after all the love I've been shown I want to see this through" I think most in the game would have understood this and been hugely impressed by the integrity and maturity of that decision. 

As it is both us and FL are dancing to Chelski's tune leaving the inevitable disruption and loss of momentum.  I'm almost in no doubt the Chelsea job is too big and too soon for him and after a promising start he'll go the way of Solskjaer and results will dip.  What will then happen is a big name will become available that will be too alluring for Chelsea and FL will be sacked and then will realise he perhaps had a great thing at Derby where the fans were connected to him and the team and MM believed in him. 

Cocu is the first name I've been excited about although Hughton makes a lot of logical sense I felt that wasn't an upgrade.  Actually I think it's more than just Lampard leaving in that it means another new manager and the loss of momentum when we all saw last season as transitional.  Wouldn't it be nice to see continuity based on solid principles and momentum and actually build season on season.  We've had quite a bit of managers being seduced by the overtures made by other clubs, perhaps just perhaps this might all actually turn in our favour for once if we get the right man.......

Franks a legend. Can’t fault the guy. We gave him his first chance at management yes. But he gave us a boost in profile that his media coverage brought, made us a talked about club again and brought in some damn exciting young players, played some occasionally awesome football and got us to the playoff final. I for one have loved having him here and am sorry to see him leave. At the same time you can’t blame the guy for taking  the Chelsea job. He’s Chelsea through and through, a Chelsea legend and all time top scorer. Regardless what stage of his managerial career he’s at, he’s never going to turn it down and neither should he. We’d all do the same if we were Derby legends and Derby came calling! 

So thanks frank, you’ve been awesome, loved the bounce, loved the footy. A refreshing boost in profile for the club and good luck at Chelsea (who I used to hate!) I hope you do well. I’d have him back here as manager again as well. 

So in answer to the OPs question, no I don’t want frank gone. If all the Chelsea talks fell down at this late stage I’d very happily cancel any approach for a new manager and keep him here.

At the same time Cocu as a replacement is more than I could have ever expected. Great work by Mel and Cocu wouldn’t be coming if it wasn’t for the boost in Frank gave us. I’m excited! From a Chelsea and England legend to a PSV, Barca and Holland legend. It’s three thumbs up from me whatever way it pans out. UTR!!!

Frank gave us a great season to remember, narrowly missed out on promotion that we all wanted but 18/19 was special that's for sure. I can't blame him for going, it was always going to happen. Chelsea is his club, he is a legend there. Without a doubt he would have stayed but because it's Chelsea that came calling, he simply cannot turn it down. I'm not mad at him, I still like frank it's just a shame it had to end like this after such a memorable season. We have to move on though now and it looks like we will be getting a foreign manager that will surely get us knocking the ball around nicely. Argubly, without lampard giving us the exposure we would be no where near getting a manager in like cocu. It's like bielsa to Leeds, I really think mel morris has struck gold here and we could be in for a shout this coming season. Exciting times.

Frank will be gone, time to get behind the next manager, if it is Cocu, then we have one hell of a manager, who has all the qualitys to take us to the promise land, but let's all remember that us fans are the life blood to our great club, no manager will ever be bigger than DCFC. Once A Ram Always A Ram.

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Frank will be gone, time to get behind the next manager, if it is Cocu, then we have one hell of a manager, who has all the qualitys to take us to the promise land, but let's all remember that us fans are the life blood to our great club, no manager will ever be bigger than DCFC. Once A Ram Always A Ram.

Exactly ??????????

We the fans are Derby County COYR!!

Hopefully this debacle will conclude tomorrow, what a great birthday present that would be for me ??????

7 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Frank is just a footnote now. No more special or memorable than Gary Rowett was.

What will be more memorable the trip to Old Trafford under Lampard or Rowett? What about the play off 2nd leg, which night was more special, Elland Road or Craven Cottage? 

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

What will be more memorable the trip to Old Trafford under Lampard or Rowett? What about the play off 2nd leg, which night was more special, Elland Road or Craven Cottage? 

No particular fan of Rowett. His end was far from ideal but it didn't drag on for a month.  The home game v  Crystal Palace when we got promoted with Rowett  playing was more memorable than either of the above games for me, amusing as the Leeds game was . He was also part of a team that consolidated in the top division.  He achieved something in the history of our club. More than Lampard has or will now he's buggered  off.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Lampard's brighter moments outshone Rowett, sure. But ultimately, they both did nothing more than oversaw failed playoff campaigns in which they hamstrung us by not starting our best strikers in crucial moments - and Lampard only bought Marriott on when he did because of injury.

Maybe "unmemorable" is unfair, but taking away the pure emotion of that 45 minutes at Leeds, there isn't that much difference. Plus Rowett never lost to Forest.

It feels similar to mac1

the pull of another club and the apparent interest of the manager spoiled the feel good affair. But when the dust had settled my preference was simply to take the emotion out of it and do the rational thing.....carry on.  Instead we went with what appeared to be an exciting appointment of another coach. Last time it didn't work. We lost the sparkle we had and we lost direction.

its taken years to restore that positive feeling. For me that began with the notts county friendly last pre-season. The total transformation in the playing style to something worthy of Derby County had me really excited and the credit for that belongs purely with frank.

we had some great moments last season. Notably Leeds away and also the last 20 minutes of the final. We had a couple of lows too. Leeds at home in the play offs and the first hour at wembley. But overall it would have been great to carry on the project. 

Frank seemed distracted. He appeared to wrestle with the "should i stay or should i go" decision which showed the pull of Derby County. I felt disappointed and jilted despite understanding the attraction of chelsea. But ultimately the emotion subsides and the rational thing is to carry on. Many fans have now turned and for them all that good work seems to have been undone very quickly. The reaction against frank is unfortunate. If i was him and i was reading some of the comments, i would wonder why i had ever wrestled with the decision. It would convince me that i made the right decision to go. 

I have no idea whether Cocu will be a success and whether we will play the high tempo, attacking, possession based football that i like, but my fear is that yet another change of direction will occour. Under clement - within 6 months - we were signing Blackman and Camara and suddenly it was all about pace. We gave up what had worked in pursuit of something else. That may hppen again.

Whilst i am happier with Cocu than with any of the other pish poor options, i'd rather we were able to continue for a second season with the existing manager. We can't ultimately because that manager wants to go and so.....here we go again.

I hope that frank gets a decent reception when we meet again. But i suspect he will get some abuse, just as Rowett would have done had he survived in his new job long enough to have faced us at pride park. I have read plenty of nonsense about how rowett was better than lampard. I warned at the time that rowett was taking us backwards. The football was terrible. The squad was becoming too old and too slow. We were wasting our money, and the idiot could not see the value in hughes or bryson. Most of his signings were poor. Frank was infinitely better than growett, but like growett he messed up his own bed by virtue of his decision to leave, and long drawn out nature of that departure. I doubt whether that was franks doing but it had a caustic effect of eroding much of the feelgood factor he created.

hopefully cocu does better than clement. 

Archived