Do you want lampard gone?

Archied

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We're really touchy at the minute aren't we?

I'm disappointed at how things are playing out but I don't have enough facts at my disposal to get fully behind the "burn the witch!" vibe at the moment. Who knows, maybe Lampard and Morris offered to take training today and it was our club who asked them to stay away? Have Chelsea been taking Lampard and Morris for a ride and overstating their interest to them while also interviewing other candidates? Or are they just taking the biscuit?

I don't know our history well enough to comment, but it would be interesting to see how valiantly we protested our own actions if we did this to someone else, and to what extent we would question the integrity of a club legend who took the first opportunity to manage us. I suppose it's hard to imagine as there's no one who could manage us today who holds the same sort of stature with us.

I don't subscribe to the idea that there's no going back now, either. There's a whole pre-season ahead for any damage to be repaired and actions to be explained and accounted for. It would be different if this happened mid-season, but there's a long way to go before competitive action resumes.

The main reason why I'm holding is off is to mitigate for the possibility that Lampard stays and takes us up next season and I'm made to look fickle. With every passing hour, this possibility diminishes - but as things stand, it is still possible. If there's one thing I've learned from posting on forums, it's that you can never un-post what you posted with your heart and not your head in the future, and what's written stays written.

The closest I can get to answering your question is the response I made straight away when gerrard was rumoured to have been approached or on our list of replacement s ,to which I made it very clear that personally I would not want him if he dumped rangers at this point to come to us ,

i also have been clear that in my view all this club legend emotional ties to clubs guff is far too often overstated , igor would not turn down Man City to manage us , nor would lampard be leaving a flying Man City to manage an in comparison struggling Chelsea ,

its pure ambition and that’s ok but don’t dress it up with guff and don’t expect not to be judged when you crap on those you use on your way up especially if you have a whole pr team that carefully manage your brand as loyal intelligent and decent as a major selling point  

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We're really touchy at the minute aren't we?

I'm disappointed at how things are playing out but I don't have enough facts at my disposal to get fully behind the "burn the witch!" vibe at the moment. Who knows, maybe Lampard and Morris offered to take training today and it was our club who asked them to stay away? Have Chelsea been taking Lampard and Morris for a ride and overstating their interest to them while also interviewing other candidates? Or are they just taking the biscuit?

I don't know our history well enough to comment, but it would be interesting to see how valiantly we protested our own actions if we did this to someone else, and to what extent we would question the integrity of a club legend who took the first opportunity to manage us. I suppose it's hard to imagine as there's no one who could manage us today who holds the same sort of stature with us.

I don't subscribe to the idea that there's no going back now, either. There's a whole pre-season ahead for any damage to be repaired and actions to be explained and accounted for. It would be different if this happened mid-season, but there's a long way to go before competitive action resumes.

The main reason why I'm holding is off is to mitigate for the possibility that Lampard stays and takes us up next season and I'm made to look fickle. With every passing hour, this possibility diminishes - but as things stand, it is still possible. If there's one thing I've learned from posting on forums, it's that you can never un-post what you posted with your heart and not your head in the future, and what's written stays written.

I think you show a complete lack of understanding.

Lampard is contracted to DCFC, who were gracious enough to give him the opportunity to talk to Chelsea.

Even if it is Chelsea who are dragging their feet, Lampard should have the moral fibre to say, look if you don't reach a decision by say Friday then, thanks for the interest but no thank you.

But no, and I'm not interested in who is prevaricating, Lampard should understand the consequences and show some RESPECT!

7 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think you show a complete lack of understanding.

I think we have different opinions, but I simply don't get the need for this. "I think you're missing the point here", perfectly fine, but a complete lack of understanding? Bit much, no?

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

I think we have different opinions, but I simply don't get the need for this. "I think you're missing the point here", perfectly fine, but a complete lack of understanding? Bit much, no?

Yes we do have differing opinions, and no I don't think so.

There are principles in place here, these are not "normal" jobs and even if I am in a minority on here, I will stand up for the principle of doing the right thing.

Just now, Hathersage Ram said:

Yes we do have differing opinions, and no I don't think so.

There are principles in place here, these are not "normal" jobs and even if I am in a minority on here, I will stand up for the principle of doing the right thing.

Okay so in the absence of any understanding of the subject at all, I will bow to your superior knowledge and will comment only when I know the current situation as well as you do.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Okay so in the absence of any understanding of the subject at all, I will bow to your superior knowledge and will comment only when I know the current situation as well as you do.

We all know the current situation, it's the circumstances we are not aware of.

But you have your own opinion and I respect that, just don't agree with it.

It's like we all have our own opinions on players etc

Yes, he must go now.

Chelsea has come calling and his head has been turned.

And what happens if he decided to stay? The Derby players would think his heart isn't in it for the long term, then why should they commit to anything he wants them to do?

I agree that the time taken to bring this matter to a conclusion is annoying.

As to sacking Frank, financially it's a no go, 4 million in compensation if he gets the Chelsea job compared to spending however much to pay up his contract..

I personally don't mind losing Frank, whilst he got the team playing good football at times he was tactically naive which showed in our just scraping into the play offs. In terms of achievement he didn't improve on the season before.

We'll all just have to be patient and see how it unravels.

Cocu is being prematurely mooted as a replacement but whilst he achieved success in the Dutch league it's not the most competitive. I would prefer Chris Hughton who knows this league and what is needed to get out of it..

Whatever happens COYR!

1 minute ago, ImARam2 said:

Yes, he must go now.

Chelsea has come calling and his head has been turned.

And what happens if he decided to stay? The Derby players would think his heart isn't in it for the long term, then why should they commit to anything he wants them to do?

In my view you are spot on , there will be players who came to us because lampard sold them the club, himself and the project they were embarking on together and now it’s clear that he will drop them like a stone for his own ambition just a few months in ,

lets be clear here though I am expressing my own OPINION and it is just that , I do not believe I know better than those who see it differently as plenty will , this poll/topic is purely to gauge numbers who want him gone now or would keep him if Chelsea don’t want him or offer him the terms he wants and get people’s reasons why they feel the way they do ,

I haven't voted because I didn't really care. I enjoyed Mac more and Rowett less. He's got promise but he's not the messiah everyone outside Derby thinks he is based on some TV games.

But having seen the players back and he's not then yeah, he should go. 

No problem him talking to Chelsea. No problem him leaving. Bit of a problem with the players coming back to no manager. 

"First days are about fitness" 

Well, the first month is about getting up to speed. The second month is about finding your preferred team. 

Maybe he could turn up in September and just pick the 11 he picked v Villa. Just carry on. 

Nah, he should be there. Chelsea and Lampard have had long enough. It's the first day back and it doesn't matter if it is colouring in. He should be there. It's the first day back!! 

Just go to Chelsea and get sacked within 12 months. Last week I'd have wished you well. This week I think you're a dick. I'm not outraged and it won't effect my day. But I'm not into all this football community thing. This clapping John Brayford because he played a few games for us. 

At times I think of Millwall and their exclusion from our little gentleman's game. The fact they just give everyone abuse. So long as it's not hurting anyone then I love their attitude. And Leeds. Just both have a lot of twits in their ranks. 

I care about Derby and Derby and Derby. Anyone who isn't with us is against us. 

Mac was better and was sacked for less than this. I think it's safe to say Lampard has purely looked after number 1 here. That's fair enough. Keep doing that because I think that's what Derby should do and if I come into a few million this afternoon then I'll pay his compo just to sack him.

Nothings changed for me. Get that people are annoyed that it’s dragging out, but it is what it is. Sometimes negotiations take longer than others. We don’t know whether it’s Lampards fault it’s dragged on this long or someone else’s. We don’t know enough to get pissed off and want Lampard gone whatever imo, regardless of how understandably frustrating the situation is. So I’d still want Lampard to stay for continuity purposes and because he did a decent job last season as it stands. But it’s a mute point, he’s gone imo.

He needs to go and go now.

Even if the Chelsea deal falls through things won’t be the same for him here, unfortunately much of the goodwill from last season has surely gone out the window.

As others have already pointed out, we’ve now started pre-season and this is not the position we should or want to be in.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Precious, pathetic, butthurt babies.

Mel said it best for me on Talksport the other day - Lampard is just a man doing a job - He's been offered the chance to chat with another company about another job - He's yet to decide whether the new job is better or worse than his current one

Shouldn't we take this as rather a compliment? Lampard needs extra time to decide whether Chelsea is the right move or not - His favourite club, with a squad (mostly) who just won the Europa League, stacked full of internationals, where he's a club legend, where he lived for a large portion of his life, who will pay him more money and he can manage in the Premier League and Champions League - And he needs more time to work out whether he wants that or to stay at Derby... I mean... 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Nothings changed for me. Get that people are annoyed that it’s dragging out, but it is what it is. Sometimes negotiations take longer than others. We don’t know whether it’s Lampards fault it’s dragged on this long or someone else’s. We don’t know enough to get pissed off and want Lampard gone whatever imo, regardless of how understandably frustrating the situation is. So I’d still want Lampard to stay for continuity purposes and because he did a decent job last season as it stands. But it’s a mute point, he’s gone imo.

I think if you're a manager then you're supposed to be a leader of men. You have their back and they do what you ask. You ask for 100% and you lead by example. 

Football is fickle and if I was manager of Championship Chelsea and my beautiful Rams wanted me to manage then at the top end of the PL I'd be gone. 

However, as a person of honour and loyalty I'd not let it run on so long as what are supposed to be my lads going back to work without me. Everyone has had time to go off and relax but today is the day the work starts and today is the day we all muck in. 

So I'd have said to Derby that I am ready to sign but if you can't sort things with Chelsea before the players are back then forget it. Derby will always be my club but there's a way I conduct myself and it's to show that any lads who work for me get 100% from me. 

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Mel said it best for me on Talksport the other day - Lampard is just a man doing a job - He's been offered the chance to chat with another company about another job - He's yet to decide whether the new job is better or worse than his current one

Shouldn't we take this as rather a compliment? Lampard needs extra time to decide whether Chelsea is the right move or not - His favourite club, with a squad (mostly) who just won the Europa League, stacked full of internationals, where he's a club legend, where he lived for a large portion of his life, who will pay him more money and he can manage in the Premier League and Champions League - And he needs more time to work out whether he wants that or to stay at Derby... I mean... 

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but it's an extremely charitable way of viewing the situation. In my opinion it's far more likely that Lampard is trying to extricate various assurances and a decent length contract out of Chelsea rather than agonizing over whether to leave Derby.

42 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I have a stiffy at the thought of cocu coming in as manager by typical of lampard to stay now 

Reports in the Dutch press suggest that Cocu is at best lukewarm about Derby and apparently, given his experience at the Turkish Club, he wants to be very careful about his next appointment...

Archived