Rangers v Derby friendly ....

Three stripes

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Wasn’t the deep fried Mars Bar a Scottish staple? Along with the delicious haggis?

Spent 3 years in Edinburgh. I can confirm they deep fry everything - including mars bars and pizza! The haggis and pea soup is amazing though!

The deep fried mars bar is more of a legend/tourist thing these days.

The deep fried pizza is alive and kicking, as is deep fried haggis.

Don't knock haggis though, the ingredients list puts people off but as long as it's not the super cheap stuff it's actually pretty tasty.

Square sausage > Link Sausage

On 16/06/2019 at 19:09, RadioactiveWaste said:

Don't knock haggis though, the ingredients list puts people off but as long as it's not the super cheap stuff it's actually pretty tasty.

Stephen Fry on QI described something called a "Stoner", which is a jumbo sausage, wrapped in kebab meat, battered and deep-fried.

Can our 'gers guest confirm whether or not these delicacies are still in existence? ?

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Stephen Fry on QI described something called a "Stoner", which is a jumbo sausage, wrapped in kebab meat, battered and deep-fried.

Can our 'gers guest confirm whether or not these delicacies are still in existence? ?

Not encountered myself, but I don't live in a swanky part like Maryhill or Possil.

On the Ranger's website it says that the tickets for our game go on general sale on July 16th £15 Adults, £10 Concessions, £5 Juniors.   Not seen any announcement of when there'll be on sale down here or what our allocation will be.

If its a small ticket allocation, I might have to get one of my relatives to pop into Ibrox and pick up a few tickets. Would rather buy tickets through Derby's ticket office so I'd be sat with Derby fans.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

On the Ranger's website it says that the tickets for our game go on general sale on July 16th £15 Adults, £10 Concessions, £5 Juniors.   Not seen any announcement of when there'll be on sale down here or what our allocation will be.

If its a small ticket allocation, I might have to get one of my relatives to pop into Ibrox and pick up a few tickets. Would rather buy tickets through Derby's ticket office so I'd be sat with Derby fans.

I think give us around 3k start of with but should be given a lot more.

On 17/06/2019 at 04:09, RadioactiveWaste said:

Done the deep fried mars bar, bit so-so. Absolutely love haggis, first time was a bowl laid over cooked onion. Haggis and black pudding a must with breakfast when I’m over there. Here’s another favourite, just not in a fridge!D5ED8659-702A-4F00-8F05-98FDF956F880.thumb.jpeg.a7ec38f955a99de45661ebf23664a301.jpeg

On 20 June 2019 at 17:06, HantsRam said:

Sounds more like a boner.

On 20/06/2019 at 17:06, HantsRam said:

Asking for a friend though, aren't you, Hants?

Archived