The Championship 19/20

Day

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Our 10 point deduction will spare Gibson and his lousy club, the EFL appear to be terrified of him. 

Huge admiration for Barnsley though, not only three wins on the bounce under well high pressure circumstances, three clean sheets an’ all. 

Luton have won 3 of the last 4 as well - no teams really adrift this year.

Everyone up to 18th is 3 points or less off bottom 3, above that its 2 of the current bottom 3 of the form table - Hull and Reading and then us with the third worst away record in the league.

I don't know who is coming up with these 'plans' but the lack of thought absolutely gives me no hope. 

1) We're likely to see teams relegated on double, perhaps triple, that amount so how will they possibly meet it? 

2) this is huge self depreciating as teams won't be able to keep hold of their best players and the better players will be able move abroad and earn more money as other league's focus on generating revenue rather than capping their own growth. 

3) the huge difference between the Premier League - the highest grossing football league in the world - and the Championship make the cap just another way to keep clubs from moving out their lane. 

It's senseless. I'm all for the Premier League breaking away and becoming an 'NFL-like' enterprise at this point. 

A buy-in whereby the salary cap is £250-300m and the 89 percent rule to come into place (whereby teams HAVE to spend at least 89% of the salary cap to participate) it helps the brand grow and the best players in the world will have more landing spots.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know who is coming up with these 'plans' but the lack of thought absolutely gives me no hope. 

1) We're likely to see teams relegated on double, perhaps triple, that amount so how will they possibly meet it? 

2) this is huge self depreciating as teams won't be able to keep hold of their best players and the better players will be able move abroad and earn more money as other league's focus on generating revenue rather than capping their own growth. 

3) the huge difference between the Premier League - the highest grossing football league in the world - and the Championship make the cap just another way to keep clubs from moving out their lane. 

It's senseless. I'm all for the Premier League breaking away and becoming an 'NFL-like' enterprise at this point. 

A buy-in whereby the salary cap is £250-300m and the 89 percent rule to come into place (whereby teams HAVE to spend at least 89% of the salary cap to participate) it helps the brand grow and the best players in the world will have more landing spots.

Leeds are restricted to spending less than 50% of income on wages, whereas Luton, Wigan, Hull and Preston can spend 200%. 
Under those rules, more than half the division could spend more on wages than their total income. 

6 hours ago, JfR said:

Hull now on 2 points from their last 10 games, an aggregate scoreline of 24-8. Gone from 1 point off the playoffs on the 1st of January to 4 points above the relegation zone by the end of February.

If only they had Marcus Maddison, the world's greatest goalscorer and assister, to pull them out of the mire. 

I genuinely think Boro might be ducked now. They only managed to get 1 point out of 9 against the bottom 3 and they still have to play Forest, Swansea, Bristol, Millwall and Cardiff. The only games they have left that are teams on their sort of level are Charlton, Hull, Stoke, Reading and maybe Shef Wed and every single one of those is an away game.

8 hours ago, JfR said:

Hull now on 2 points from their last 10 games, an aggregate scoreline of 24-8. Gone from 1 point off the playoffs on the 1st of January to 4 points above the relegation zone by the end of February.

Wigan seem to be going in the opposite direction - Hull are bottom of the form table for the last 8 games and Wigan are top. 

18 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I genuinely think Boro might be ducked now. They only managed to get 1 point out of 9 against the bottom 3 and they still have to play Forest, Swansea, Bristol, Millwall and Cardiff. The only games they have left that are teams on their sort of level are Charlton, Hull, Stoke, Reading and maybe Shef Wed and every single one of those is an away game.

Wigan seem to be going in the opposite direction - Hull are bottom of the form table for the last 8 games and Wigan are top. 

Relegation battle in the championship is anyone’s guess at the minute. I’d bloody love it if it were stoke, boro and one other. But it could be any 3 from 7 or 8 teams at the minute. No ones being but adrift, every one seems to be capable of a run of a good few games, and a run of a bad few games. 

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Relegation battle in the championship is anyone’s guess at the minute. I’d bloody love it if it were stoke, boro and one other. But it could be any 3 from 7 or 8 teams at the minute. No ones being but adrift, every one seems to be capable of a run of a good few games, and a run of a bad few games. 

I didn't realise Stoke were so close again. Fingers crossed they both go down. Boro have only managed one win this year so far though, so they are going to need to turn that around pretty quick if they want to stay up. Hull have gone 10 or 11 games with no win as well.

Just had a thought that it's been a while since a manager's been given the boot this season, and I looked it up and the last to do so was Warnock at Cardiff back in early November, and that was by mutual consent. Honestly surprised this league's gone nearly 4 months without a sacking, especially with some of the rotten runs some clubs have been on now. Surely must be one of the longer spells that the division's had.

6 hours ago, JfR said:

Just had a thought that it's been a while since a manager's been given the boot this season, and I looked it up and the last to do so was Warnock at Cardiff back in early November, and that was by mutual consent. Honestly surprised this league's gone nearly 4 months without a sacking, especially with some of the rotten runs some clubs have been on now. Surely must be one of the longer spells that the division's had.

McCann at Hull must be in the frame - 3 points out of a possible 30 since mid-January. Their owner daren't let this go on much longer..

Tell you what, Hull and Sheffield Wednesday look in big, big trouble
Hull 3-0 down to Stoke already, while Wednesday are 2-0 down against Brentford with Brentford having just under 90% possession

Archived