The Championship 19/20

Day

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Srg said:

Wednesday currently taken 9 points from the last 42. The rot is well and truly set in. 

Hull have only have 2 points from the last 33. I think Wednesday have enough points on the board to stay up, but Hull are in serious danger ATM.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Hull have only have 2 points from the last 33. I think Wednesday have enough points on the board to stay up, but Hull are in serious danger ATM.

Especially after they sold their two best players in January in Bowen and Grosicki. 

On 07/03/2020 at 15:45, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The annoying thing is, they'll still probably sell the end out.

That doesn't annoy me.

"They charge what they pay" has always been a Leeds fan excuse for the huge prices. Everyone else should start charging Leeds fans an extra £10 every week and see where their limit is. If it never comes, teams later in the season will be affording players solely off the back of Leeds sellouts ? 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Imagine the Twitter conspiracy theories if the league gets cancelled and Leeds don’t go up.

I don't know what any of the relevant rules are for the football leagues specifically but when I've seen/heard of tiered competitions having to be cancelled late on the teams move up/down based on their current position at time of being cancelled; I'd assume it'd be similar here.

I assume, if that were the case, 3rd place would be promoted in lieu of the playoffs being played.

The coronavirus was planned by FIFA. Postpone the season so when it's restarted the season will finish in October. Play the Euros in November, Christmas break, start the new season in January. Meaning all the European nation's leagues will be nicely in sync a year early in readiness for the 2022 World Cup to be played in November/December

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The coronavirus was planned by FIFA. Postpone the season so when it's restarted the season will finish in October. Play the Euros in November, Christmas break, start the new season in January. Meaning all the European nation's leagues will be nicely in sync a year early in readiness for the 2022 World Cup to be played in November/December

That's what I thought.

• 4 months later...

Absolute mad night for the championship tonight. Three teams battling for 2nd, three teams trying to take the final two play-off spots, and any three of 6 teams could go down (7 if Wigan have a points deduction).

Anyone going to be brave enough to make a prediction? I'm reckon West Brom will clinch 2nd, F*rest and Swansea will make the play-offs with Cardiff imploding against Hull. Hull still to go down with Barnsley and Charlton after Luton grab a point v Blackburn. 

Crazy that it's the last day of the season and still 13 teams don't know which league they'll be playing in next year. 

1 hour ago, MK said:

Absolute mad night for the championship tonight. Three teams battling for 2nd, three teams trying to take the final two play-off spots, and any three of 6 teams could go down (7 if Wigan have a points deduction).

Anyone going to be brave enough to make a prediction? I'm reckon West Brom will clinch 2nd, F*rest and Swansea will make the play-offs with Cardiff imploding against Hull. Hull still to go down with Barnsley and Charlton after Luton grab a point v Blackburn. 

Crazy that it's the last day of the season and still 13 teams don't know which league they'll be playing in next year. 

It will stay just as It is, I think the only one that could possibly change places would be Luton and Charlton. 

Archived