LB Dilemma Has Cole got 90 mins in him

S8TY

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SouthStandDan said:

Not many left back's I'd rather have starting in this fixture. He will be fine. He's more than capable, a class act on and off the pitch.

Must admit i thought that at first then thought...wembley...big pitch... might be warm...hasn't played much recently and Adomah and started to worry lol....hopefully you're dead right mate

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I share the OPs concern if I'm honest. But what choices do we have?

Wisdom? but he's been out of sorts when he's played , you're right we don't ...fingers crossed Cole brings his A game 

Honestly think I'd prefer Cole starting over Malone in this game anyway. In finals it comes down to mentality in a lot of cases, and Cole has a winning mentality and has been through and seen it all. Good experience to have to help calm our young squad.

One of the most decorated footballers in English football, playing his last game on such a big occasion. He's certainly got a big part to play and most likely the last time he'll step on to a football pitch. 100% confidence in him. 

3 hours ago, Saity said:

Bit of a dilemma for Wembley really .....has Cole got 90 mins in him on a big pitch possibly against Adomah ??

Or what are the alternatives Wisdom at LB ? 

It's a fair question, which will only be answered on the day. 

2 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

I'd fully back Cole on this, this might be his last game and will want to go out strong. Putting in a world-class performance and getting us promoted will be his aim.

You can see he never from the Brighton game he never lost any appetite, he’s not one to want to let himself or people down; least of all his mate Frank.

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

Honestly think I'd prefer Cole starting over Malone in this game anyway. In finals it comes down to mentality in a lot of cases, and Cole has a winning mentality and has been through and seen it all. Good experience to have to help calm our young squad.

Exactly this.  

Has Ashley Cole got it in him? Course he has... the best left back in the world in his day... a world class player in his day... probably going to be his last professional game for his best mate lamps & what a way to retire with a playoff final winners medal... tbh im glad he’ll be starting... experience if winning trophies & probably played at least 50 games at wembley (new & old combined)   

Given our LB injury problems and Max Lowe ineligible I think there's no choice but to put Wisdom on the bench for the match. There's a bonus in that he adds cover across the defence so he and George Evans together covers all the necessary bases.

Make sure you're ready, Andre. You still have a part to play.

Archived