LB Dilemma Has Cole got 90 mins in him

S8TY

I'm less concerned about the back 4 than the midfield. Whoever Frank selects they'll need to be absolutely on their game. When you look at the Villa squad it just screams Premiership quality. Beating them will be some achievement if we manage it but we are pretty good at these big one-off games a la Manure, Chelski and Southampton so anything's possible on the day. I knew we'd beat Leeds but I think Villa are a better side and a greater challenge.

As for Cole, he'll be fine. He may run out of steam late in the game but he's still different gravy and will be a more than adequate replacement for the unlucky Scott Malone. Derby to win 2-1 in normal time ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Fozzy National League? Give ya head a wobble. Best left back we've had in the last decade.

He may be one of the best left backs we've had we've had but considering how long he has been here and the awful left backs we had before him that's not saying much.  I never said he is non league standard , but at times  he can't control a ball, can't pass and shrinks under pressure. Every time the team plays badly, he becomes absolutely dire for example Reading at home when we needed a draw for the play offs, and he sent them on their way with an assist for their striker.  On his day he looks good, but he isn't consistently good enough for a team who want to go up. Malone isn't either, I'm hoping Cole plays like he did against Birmingham and we should be fine.

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

I'm less concerned about the back 4 than the midfield. Whoever Frank selects they'll need to be absolutely on their game. When you look at the Villa squad it just screams Premiership quality. Beating them will be some achievement if we manage it but we are pretty good at these big one-off games a la Manure, Chelski and Southampton so anything's possible on the day. I knew we'd beat Leeds but I think Villa are a better side and a greater challenge.

As for Cole, he'll be fine. He may run out of steam late in the game but he's still different gravy and will be a more than adequate replacement for the unlucky Scott Malone. Derby to win 2-1 in normal time ?

Love your optimism let’s hope eh...I actually agree with you regarding Villa they do have a lot of very good players and to be honest am not expecting us to beat them 

They must me massive favourites  but for some reason if we turn up and give it a proper go I’ll be happy with that ...very different feeling to the QPR game you never know of course and fingers crossed ...just hope we don’t try to contain them too much and go for it and put them on the back foot ...big ask but COYR 

3 hours ago, Saity said:

Love your optimism let’s hope eh...I actually agree with you regarding Villa they do have a lot of very good players and to be honest am not expecting us to beat them 

They must me massive favourites  but for some reason if we turn up and give it a proper go I’ll be happy with that ...very different feeling to the QPR game you never know of course and fingers crossed ...just hope we don’t try to contain them too much and go for it and put them on the back foot ...big ask but COYR 

6/5 Villa, 11/5 the darw and 9/4 Derby so they're favourites but not overwhelmingly so. Agree absolutely that we need to go balls out and not try and contain them. If we sit back and admire them they'll do what they've done twice already but if we press like madmen again and don't gve away cheap possession then we can certainly give them a game. I just want them to know they're in a game this time!

As for the confidence thing, in the prediction league I've never predicted us to lose (or draw!) which A) indictaes that I'm a dyded in the wool, fully deluded happy-clapper and B) explains why I currently languish in league 2 (or maybe 3, I can't remember). For me the game's a free kick. If we win I'll probably completely lose my shizzle, if we don't, I've still a handful of awesome moments to reflect on while we wait for the new season. Not a bad time to be a Rams Fan, is it? 

COYR

38 minutes ago, 86 points said:

6/5 Villa, 11/5 the darw and 9/4 Derby so they're favourites but not overwhelmingly so. Agree absolutely that we need to go balls out and not try and contain them. If we sit back and admire them they'll do what they've done twice already but if we press like madmen again and don't gve away cheap possession then we can certainly give them a game. I just want them to know they're in a game this time!

As for the confidence thing, in the prediction league I've never predicted us to lose (or draw!) which A) indictaes that I'm a dyded in the wool, fully deluded happy-clapper and B) explains why I currently languish in league 2 (or maybe 3, I can't remember). For me the game's a free kick. If we win I'll probably completely lose my shizzle, if we don't, I've still a handful of awesome moments to reflect on while we wait for the new season. Not a bad time to be a Rams Fan, is it? 

COYR

no it certainly isn't whatever happens now we've had some great memories this season and tbh will be excited whatever division we are in next season.....I think Villa think they only have to turn up to win and that could be there downfall.

As much as i dislike Grealish i think hes a very good player and giving him time on the ball will cost us so yep plenty of pressing and no respect as we can beat anyone on our day.

This is nothing like a league game though and we seem to be able to raise it when necessary Bristol City and WBA away and the cup runs were a prime example of this and i also think it helped that were 1 down after the first leg as we had to have a go and we did......exciting times to be a Ramsfan .....COYR

and regrading predictions i know some fans put a wager on the opposition to soften the blow of a defeat but I just cannot do it and like you in the predictions league i'm in with my workmates Derby either win or draw lol

Id start cole, i think he'll be well up for it last game of his career. Go out on a high. 

Silly suggestion time though, if we are chasing the game & need someone to bomb forward & cole is knackard id be tempted to bang holmes there.. He can tackle & has pace. Completely out of position like but id honestly rather put him there than wisdom... Even johnson as a left backbif cole goes off would be better than wisdom

Archived