Jayden Bogle's ceiling?

DerbyPride12

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d like to think his recent form has had something to do with the arrival of Cole. If Cole has had any influence then makes his signing well worth it. I think another season with us would benefit him even further but I’d have no problem if he moved on to the Premiership. I enjoy seeing Hughes and Hendrick playing week in week out, though I’d of loved it if it had been with us. A pleasure to watch when he’s in full flow. 

When he first came through I thought he’d probably make it at the lower end of the prem, which would still have been some achievement mind, as he showed huge ability in his general play but maybe seemed to lack that true quality in both boxes that would have seen him become a real top player. Last couple of months tho he’s stepped up multiple gears, looked a new player, much more consistent now, showing more quality in the final third with more goals and assists, and looks more and more accomplished. Really starting to make a name for himself as a top quality player in this league, and now he seems to be improving his decision making etc, I think he’s starting to edge towards prem quality if he keeps this consistency going and it’s not just a flash in the pan. And that’s just at 18, if he’s that good now, I think he’ll be beyond my initial expectations for him and move certainly towards the upper echelons of the prem.

Like others tho I’m not so sure he’ll play for England, that’s not massive slight on bogle, just that there is some unbelievable elite talent like TAA in front of him, who’s probably the best young right back in the world, to get in the England team ahead of him would really take something.

3 hours ago, DRBee said:

Think it was more than a slight-dip mid season - there was a patch when he seemed all over the place and his early form had disappeared ( no criticism of this either , given his relative inexperience) . But he has overcome that and his recent form is superb and even better than before. Don't want him to be sold !!!

It was strange wasn’t it. His defending got worse and he stopped marauding. .. ‘twas but a blip, the lad is a revelation, a perfect example of of “if they’re good enough then they are old enough” 

I wonder how much influence Ashley Cole has had. In many ways they are similar players in style. Amusing to think that Ashley is old enough to be his Dad. 

38 minutes ago, jono said:

It was strange wasn’t it. His defending got worse and he stopped marauding. .. ‘twas but a blip, the lad is a revelation, a perfect example of of “if they’re good enough then they are old enough” 

I wonder how much influence Ashley Cole has had. In many ways they are similar players in style. Amusing to think that Ashley is old enough to be his Dad. 

It was a time when he needed resting but we had lost Forsyth and malone  at left back and the obvious replacement at right back Andre Wisdom was asked to playleft back for a while 

There is so many good young English RBs around at the moment. Bogle doesn’t even get a look in at international level at any level, not u18s/19s/20s or 21s. 

It’s hard to see him not going on to play in the Premier League, especially given the rate of his progression which is the true indicator IMO, but don’t see many teams throwing money at him. Max Aarons and Reece James have had similar/more praise this season and will command similar fees. 

If Rams are going to go up ( this year or next or whenever) they have to have a majority of players in the team who are capable of making the step up to the premier league if they are going to stay there. 

So we have to keep valuable young players like bogle rather than cashing in and investing in championship standard players.

23 hours ago, Srg said:

Pre-face this by saying I’m a huge Jayden Bogle fan, and have been all season, even with some of the ridiculous he was getting Christmas time. 

We should be looking for close to £15m for him, and I certainly think he has the ability to eventually play for England - although has stiff competition with TAA and Wan-Bissaka for the same position. 

One issue we have had in the past is holding onto youngsters too long until they lose value - Will Hughes, anyone? It’s the one area Forest have had nailed recently - sell high before the hype dies and they prove maybe not to be as good as believed. That’s the big reason I would consider selling if we can get the fee we deserve for him. 

The difference with us and the dogs is that we genuinely hope that we can take our better players up to the prem with us, and hold onto them.

Forest are just a selling club.

On 28/04/2019 at 09:18, Pearl Ram said:

I’d like at least one more season with us from a selfish point of view but would wish him all the best if took a too good to refuse offer for him in the summer. 

I wonder if any of the moneybag clubs might consider pairing him on one side with Fulham’s Sessegnon  on the other, might be quite formidable.

Lastly, and it’s one for our Scots members, it would be great if he met a Russian beauty called Tatyana and married her coz then she’d be Tatyana or Tatty Bogle. ?

Mindbogling post, PM. ?

I think once he develops the mental side of the game, he can play right at the top. He's already playing every game for the full 90, clearly has got the physical capabilities.

He's already showing in his first season that he's learning to make the right decisions and choices. He's gonna be an incredible right back if he carries on with the same development.

Defensively still has a lot to learn in my opinion. 

1st half on Saturday, Patterson gave him the run around.

All in all a very promising first season and there's bags of potential there, just think it's too soon to say he will play at the very top, heard that all before with Riggott, Addison, Nyatanga, Mills etc

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Defensively still has a lot to learn in my opinion. 

You are right, but what has been impressive is that other teams have noticed it too, targeted him and he has responded and upped his game a bit. I get the feeling Ashley Cole might have been helping him along.

He has obviously got potential. As for his England hopes, unfortunately for me two of the best young right backs in the world (Trent and Wan-Bissaka) happen to be English, hence his chances are slim. 

I could see him going on to play for any of the sides challenging for the "Everton Cup" (7th place). I wouldn't be surprised if bids come in from the likes of Watford, Leicester, West Ham etc in the summer. He could prove me wrong, but i'm not sure he'll go onto be top 6 standard, but a very good player nonetheless. 

Regarding accepting bids for him, Nixon (take this as you wish but for me he tends to get a lot right) said we'd rejected 7 million for him already. Clearly the club rate him very highly, as that is a tempting offer, especially considering how tight we were on FFP (before the slightly odd stadium sale). On top of that, although he hasn't proven it recently, i believe Wisdom is a very capable championship right back. I'd except something like 10 million for Bogle, and probably would've taken 7 in Jan - that's 2 or 3 signings worth of money. 

Regardless, i love watching him play so if he goes or not, doesn't concern me. The money would be good, but so would having a young prospect. 

Going to buck the trend here and say that unless he improves significantly I don't think he will go right to the top

I could easily agree with everyone but IMO he still worries me and still has a lot to learn and tends to give the ball away or make incorrect decisions but thats not a criticism as he's still young etc etc and of course has potential but for me that is still all it is ...the Brum game for example the second goal was very poor defending from him and he still gets roasted when he's up against a quick or tricky player and but i do think going forward his game has improved and this is where i feel he can excel because was a great goal against Bristol City.

I really hope he can continue to learn and develop as of course we all want him to be something special and maybe having Cole around will help his development I really hope he kicks on as seems a really decent lad as well 

Trent Arnold for me is the best RB i've seen for some time and will challenge Walker for the RB slot for England and for our Jayden to get near to competing with them two has a lot of improving to do but time will tell and has been fantastic to see him progress from our academy ....☺️

Note regarding our academy I have to say Sibley looks a real talent and will be good to see him make the step up at some stage ?

Archived