Derby County vs QPR

cannable
Message added by Day

1 hour ago, Srg said:

That penalty decision is a weird one. Real time, sat in one of the closer positions in the stadium to where it took place, it looked absolutely stone wall. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. Having now seen it back, can see where some people may thing dubious, but to me, he was the wrong side the whole time, got man first and i'd still say penalty.

The defender clearly makes contact with Jayden Bogle while the ball is a metre away, brings down the player before he makes contact with ball, no doubt a pen. On the Rams TV there was a linesman view that confirms this

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

due a bit of luck with the decision:

Brentford - foul on Cole = pen

Birmingham - handball = pen and foul on Bryson = pen

Bolton - even though Bryson scored, foul on Wilson = pen

yesterday v QPR - I actually thought it was a penalty on Mount where he skewed his shot wide in the second half

4 minutes ago, Whitefield said:

due a bit of luck with the decision:

Brentford - foul on Cole = pen

Birmingham - handball = pen and foul on Bryson = pen

Bolton - even though Bryson scored, foul on Wilson = pen

yesterday v QPR - I actually thought it was a penalty on Mount where he skewed his shot wide in the second half

I was screaming for that one on Mount, didn't seem much reaction from anyone other than Mount and me though!

There have been goals celebrated less than being awarded that penalty. Then it went in. What a noise. Fans were excellent all game.

No matter how poor the rest of the game - those two moments were the type of thing that being a football fan is all about. I didn't have much of a voice this morning.

I've been a Bryson critic for a long time, but I'll be a little sad if that was his last appearance in a Derby shirt, as is looking likely.

Wilson mostly poor, especially isolated on the wing, a little more effective down the middle, until popping up with two vital goals. Maybe that's what he needs to spark some form again. Had the cojones to take the penalty.

Lawrence needs some support. Takes players on like few others in the team, but then fails to find a pass, makes the wrong decision. Think he would benefit from Wilson being in the middle, maybe?

Waghorn toiled, but again, seemed very isolated. Unlucky not to score from the cross in the first half. Surprised he made way for Marriott.

Thought Bennett mixed it up nicely. Not terribly effective, not totally his fault, but really gave QPR something different to think about.

Clever from Marriott. Wouldn't have blamed him for taking the shot on himself, but real selflessness to put it to Wilson.

Bogle put in another fine display. Penalty all day for me. Freeman takes the man before the ball.

Really don't know what we'll do vs. the Cider Army. If it were me, I'd go Johnno/Wilson/Mount, Lawrence/Bennett/Waghorn.

So anyway, been away for a few days, and not been on here.  Nor did I get to see any footy!

Fancy a catch up anyone?  What y'all been up to?  Had a good weekend have yer?  Owt exciting happen?  Or was it just the usual "Nice out again" type crap?

party0003.gif  party0018.gif party0009.gif party0008.gif party0023.gif party0039.gif party0046.gif

2 hours ago, Srg said:

I was screaming for that one on Mount, didn't seem much reaction from anyone other than Mount and me though!

I think that was because he got his shot away, and we thought (hoped) it was gong in.

It's worth noting that whether the defender touches the ball or not has absolutely no relevance to whether it's a foul or not FWIW. If he impedes the attacker in getting to the ball, which for me is a certainty, then it's a foul. It's clear he does get a toe on the ball in making the tackle, but he barely adds any pace on it whatsoever. 

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's worth noting that whether the defender touches the ball or not has absolutely no relevance to whether it's a foul or not FWIW. If he impedes the attacker in getting to the ball, which for me is a certainty, then it's a foul. It's clear he does get a toe on the ball in making the tackle, but he barely adds any pace on it whatsoever. 

Love to see most Derby fans not use the get the ball defence if we get one in our box over the coming games.....

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Love to see most Derby fans not use the get the ball defence if we get one in our box over the coming games.....

It's certainly a favourite of supporters and sunday league players alike, but incidentally screaming 'I GOT THE BALL FIRST, REF' only indicates that you also fouled the player in the process. We just have to make sure we're not making such rash and ill-thought out tackles in the box. We've been pretty good for that, thank the lord. 

7 hours ago, NEILANE said:

The defender clearly makes contact with Jayden Bogle while the ball is a metre away, brings down the player before he makes contact with ball, no doubt a pen. On the Rams TV there was a linesman view that confirms this

I think that might be the angle they used in the opening of the recently uploaded Review Show. I've made a .gif of that clip and slowed it right down. I agree that it's a lot clearer from this angle and I agree with you that it shows the right call was made. You can see that the QPR defender catches Bogle around his right ankle with his trailing leg before he reaches the ball with his lunging leg. You don't really see that from the other angle, but that's the foul and I think the referee was right to give it.

Image.gif.3201a70e1408264b58c327436d50775e.gif

On 22/04/2019 at 22:13, uttoxram75 said:

What an atmosphere that was. The noise during the first half was something else, hairs on the back of yer head stuff, Went a bit quiet second half but the tension late on was tremendous.

Had a good drink round town tonight and the feeling was its our year.

Lampards at the wheel

tell me how good does it feel

???

If we get promotion, uttoxram76 will become detoxram19 ???

15 hours ago, JfR said:

I think that might be the angle they used in the opening of the recently uploaded Review Show. I've made a .gif of that clip and slowed it right down. I agree that it's a lot clearer from this angle and I agree with you that it shows the right call was made. You can see that the QPR defender catches Bogle around his right ankle with his trailing leg before he reaches the ball with his lunging leg. You don't really see that from the other angle, but that's the foul and I think the referee was right to give it.

Image.gif.3201a70e1408264b58c327436d50775e.gif

Spot on my owd, great gif

Archived