Steve McClaren Sacked Again

Day

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, David said:

Return of Schteve ?

Not sure where he ends up next, got some competition for work.

Rowett, McClaren, Powell, Pearson, Clement, Jewell, Davies, Brown, Burley....all would be unemployed.

Nigel Clough is the only manager in the last 16 years to be in a job!

This is what I keep saying when people say we’ve sacked too many managers and should be giving them more time... well what have any of them done after they’ve left to suggest we’d made a mistake? Only mistakes I can see is appointing them in the first place.

Though there is the caveat that tbf some of them did initially do good jobs here naturally, Steve and billy particulary, so they’re exempt from the poor appointments category, but not poor sackings.

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I wonder what Terry Westley is up to?

I think he's still working in football somewhere - just not as a manager

It seems that both Phil Brown and John Gregory are managing in the Indian "Super" League - but apart from that I don't think there are any ex-Derby managers in a first team management role except Nigel

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I think he's still working in football somewhere - just not as a manager

It seems that both Phil Brown and John Gregory are managing in the Indian "Super" League - but apart from that I don't think there are any ex-Derby managers in a first team management role except Nigel

must be great to have DCFC on your cv then I guess?  Look out Frank this could be your last job?

10 managerial appointments in his career, of which 7 have been failures - that's if you're being generous in calling his first spell at Derby a 'success'

18 years of managerial record don't lie - he's a very ordinary manager. I suggest anyone who still hankers for him as Derby manager has lost touch with reality. Difficult to see where his next job is coming from, would be surprised if he wanted to drop below Championship level so maybe Europe is a more likely destination.

I feel for him. Undoubtedly most agree on here he got us playing the best football I’ve seen us play for over 15 years. If we’d had beaten QPR (ironically) in the PO final who knows were we’d be and him now? He’ll turn up somewhere again, he’s a football man. 

Archived