Steve McClaren Sacked Again

David

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this earlier and assumed that it was an april fool's. Now, assuming it's true, I hope we absolutely batter QPR now - at least another 6 goals! 

I don't think he's done that bad of a job, personally, although I can't argue that he's done a good job. They've just fell completely out of form and he's been unable to get them back on track. It's a shame. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Where have I seen that before?

Aye, you're not wrong. It's synonymous with his managerial career. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here, possibly look back to Holland where he has a great record?  

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Unsurprising given their recent run of form, they’ve hardly got a world class squad though so I dunno who’s gonna do any better

Won 1 drawn 2 lost 3 in the last 6, the win was against Leeds and draws against Hull and Stoke. Shame the loses included Rotherham and Bolton (and Brentford). 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Aye, you're not wrong. It's synonymous with his managerial career. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here, possibly look back to Holland where he has a great record?  

Return of Schteve ?

Not sure where he ends up next, got some competition for work.

Rowett, McClaren, Powell, Pearson, Clement, Jewell, Davies, Brown, Burley....all would be unemployed.

Nigel Clough is the only manager in the last 16 years to be in a job!

20 minutes ago, rynny said:

Won 1 drawn 2 lost 3 in the last 6, the win was against Leeds and draws against Hull and Stoke. Shame the loses included Rotherham and Bolton (and Brentford). 

does he just get bored then it all falls to pieces?

42 minutes ago, David said:

Where have I seen that before?

Yup, said to my QPR supporting mate when he joined them "it will be good sometimes and he won't know why and then, shortly after, it will be bad and he won't know why. Repeat until the chairman gets bored.". I claim my £10.

I don't know why he keeps letting his ego talk him into taking managerial roles when his true skill is as a coach. I guess it's a bit like when I occasionally go out on the razzle - I still think I can do it and I'm great at it for a few hours. Then I get up in the morning hoping to be fresh as a daisy yet seem strangely surprised I once more have a head like the Fukushima reactor that will take two days to clear.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Return of Schteve ?

Rowett, McClaren, Powell, Pearson, Clement, Jewell, Davies, Brown, Burley....all would be unemployed.

Darren Wassall is in a job, and doing very well at it!

2 minutes ago, David said:

Well spotted! It’s still early though so pardon my mistake.

Would have been more accurate to say that Nigel Clough is the only Derby manager of the past 16 years still in work managing a club - which is still a bizarre and astonishing fact.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Return of Schteve ?

I wonder what Terry Westley is up to?

Archived